No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"There But For the Grace of God" is on Syfy at the moment, and I'm watching it/listening to it while I'm cutting out pieces for a quilt. And I'm once again reminded that I like AU Sam's hair in this episode way better than AU Sam's in "Point of View".

No point at all to this comment. Just an observation that I've thought of before and felt like commenting on.

Back to cutting fabric pieces now......

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      "There But For the Grace of God" is on Syfy at the moment, and I'm watching it/listening to it while I'm cutting out pieces for a quilt. And I'm once again reminded that I like AU Sam's hair in this episode way better than AU Sam's in "Point of View".

No point at all to this comment. Just an observation that I've thought of before and felt like commenting on.

It wouldn't let me green you--but here's a virtual green for piecing! Yeah, you!

And I agree about the hair. Although the long hair I like the least is the "Lost City" hair--when she's Fifth's captive.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I agree! So much better...and it's the next episode on the list for my roomie and me to watch...after we watch Bones and GA that is.
        sigpic

Comment

Hola Shippers!

Um, no, no idea why I resorted to Spanish there *shrugs*

Just a quick request that anyone who is wanting to take part (i.e. write a review for) the Shipper Rewatch for Season 7, can you please PM me:

If you want to take part?
          What episodes you prefer / want to avoid doing?
          Any dates you're not available to post a review?

The plan is to start 4th October, and fit them in 2 per week until about 2nd December (we will combining two parters this time, just because it makes more sense to do so, rather than making people wait 4 days).

I want to get the schedule out to all participating members in the next couple of days.
          sigpic

Comment

Good evening!! I have nothing to comment on any of the posts, so I'll just say...

This man is nuts, 3 fries short of a Happy Meal, WACKO over this woman

Comment

Guess the shippy moment:

Comment

I'm taking a wild guess and saying it's Season 6, Prophecy, when Jack tells Sam she should sit this mission out (due to Jonas' prediction of Sam getting injured if she went on the mission). But I could be waaaay off.

Comment

I'm taking a wild guess and saying it's Season 6, Prophecy, when Jack tells Sam she should sit this mission out (due to Jonas' prediction of Sam getting injured if she went on the mission). But I could be waaaay off.
                  You are sooooooo good!

Here's your prize (because I think Jack looks hot, and I'm sure Sam is thinking the same thing):

Comment

it looks like jack's just sitting there staring at her.

sam: sir... don't you want to study something?

jack: i am.

sam: colonel, you're just... sitting there... staring...

jack: so?

sam: don't you need to actually, you know, pick up a book to study!?

jack: who says i'm studying a book?

sam: then what are you studying?

when jack is quiet, sam glances up to see him just staring. at her.

she quickly looks away and goes back to reading.

while trying extremely hard not to blush.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      You are sooooooo good!

Here's your prize (because I think Jack looks hot, and I'm sure Sam is thinking the same thing):
                      I like it. Thank you. I was just watching that episode the other day, and noticed that when Jack walked into that room, he stopped next to Sam, and then walked behind her to the chair he's sitting in. As he passed her, I could swear his arm brushed across her back .... Which possibly explains the look on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        it looks like jack's just sitting there staring at her.

sam: sir... don't you want to study something?

jack: i am.

sam: colonel, you're just... sitting there... staring...

jack: so?

sam: don't you need to actually, you know, pick up a book to study!?

jack: who says i'm studying a book?

sam: then what are you studying?

when jack is quiet, sam glances up to see him just staring. at her.

she quickly looks away and goes back to reading.

while trying extremely hard not to blush.
                        Good one.

He's actually talking to Jonas (across the table) at that moment, but he only has eyes for Sam.

Comment

I don't recall if this has already been recommended recently, but I just read it and enjoyed it and thought others might, too.

Rating: PG

Description: It's not easy learning how to live with someone when you're used to being on your own.

This goes in the year that would be the fifth season of SGA, right after Sam leaves Atlantis.

Territorial by artaxastra
                          Thank you for the rec! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

That's one of my favorites, because it's so much fun to write grumpy!Jack.
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                            Thank you for the rec! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

That's one of my favorites, because it's so much fun to write grumpy!Jack.
                            YOU are artaxastra? I obviously needed to be hit over the head with the DUH club to get that this morning. I've been going through your LJ and reading your fics. All kinds of little gems in there I'd never read before! But LJ is such a pain to go through! Did you post them all on fanfiction.net by any chance?

Grumpy Jack is such fun!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              YOU are artaxastra? I obviously needed to be hit over the head with the DUH club to get that this morning. I've been going through your LJ and reading your fics. All kinds of little gems in there I'd never read before! But LJ is such a pain to go through! Did you post them all on fanfiction.net by any chance?

Grumpy Jack is such fun!
                              Ditto on this.

I've been going through your stories too and enjoying them. In fact, I saved all of them to a file on my computer so I can read them offline.

Comment

Ditto on this.

I've been going through your stories too and enjoying them. In fact, I saved all of them to a file on my computer so I can read them offline.
                                Um, yes? I'm so happy you're enjoying them! It's wonderful to hear that from both of you! That makes me all warm and fuzzy and makes my day!

I usually post on LJ, but I also archive here: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Artaxastra There are a bunch of SG-1 and SGA stories there too, including a bunch of SG-1/SGA crossovers with Sam or Sam/Jack later in the run of SGA. I usually post to LJ first because the archive doesn't get much feedback, and it's always fun to get some!

I really am delighted you're both reading and enjoying! Thank you so much!
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X