Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    And On Topic--

Sam and Jack now--how many computers do you think they have in their house? And are they all Sam's?
    I think Jack has a secure laptop for work that he trots back and forth between Colorado Springs and DC. And Sam has about four!

In terms of technotoys, I think Sam got Jack a Kindle which he never uses, and she consistently has the newest, shiniest ipod that exists.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Spoiler:
      I remember reading on JM's blog that there were no such plans this season.
      in the words of Jack O'Neill: "NUTS!"

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        I think Jack has a secure laptop for work that he trots back and forth between Colorado Springs and DC. And Sam has about four!

In terms of technotoys, I think Sam got Jack a Kindle which he never uses, and she consistently has the newest, shiniest ipod that exists.
        I posited the theory once that she toyed around with her iPod and enhanced the battery with Naquadah so that she only has to charge it once a decade or so. I can just see her doing that. And I think that she would give him some sort of techno thing--and then she'd take it over when it was obvious that he wasn't going to do anything with it.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        in the words of Jack O'Neill: "NUTS!"
        In the words of Teal'c,
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

And On Topic--

Sam and Jack now--how many computers do you think they have in their house? And are they all Sam's?
          Jack has one--a laptop, supposedly for work, that Sam has soupped up and added all the latest games and some cool WP and screensavers. Sam has about 5 and 3/5. Three laptops, a couple of desk tops, and various pieces and parts of computers she's tinkering with.

I picture it being a bit like my mom's house. My brothers live there and they are both comptur people. So my mom has a laptop my brothers have tweaked and added to. Each has a desk top. My older brother has a laptop for work. My younger brother has parts and pieces and numerous computers in various states of completion. And when my mom brings her classroom set home there are another 40 laptops in the house. There are far more computers than people in that house, and my mom is talking about wanting another laptop!

Comment

Me and computers:
            Spoiler:
            Even though I'm young...I saw a lot of computers in my life...it's probably because my brother loves taking them apart and building them in the weirdest shapes(he even build one in a beer crate and our server at home was in a Nintendo 64 )
            I do remember the dotted paper, but I just used them to color on when I was at dad's work. He does tell me stories of computers being very big and taking up a room...but I just prefer this time and day...a lot easier

S/J and computers
            They both have a laptop for work, and they probably use that one most of the time. Sam updates her every year or so(like in the series) so she has one of the newest/fastest versions. Jack doesn't care that much about it; as long as it works for him. I do think Sam makes sure that his is a good version and she updates it every once in a while.
            Together with that, I also think that they have a home computer for leisure....perhaps they also have one of those notebooks for when they are at the cabin and don't want to see something that has to do with work, but on which they can put pictures or play a simple game on.
            Ohhh...and they probably also have a big TV with a playstation 3 and Wii
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Ohhh...and they probably also have a big TV with a playstation 3 and Wii
              Definitely! I'm not into video games but one of my best friends has a Wii and I love that thing. Jack would insist on it, and Sam would enjoy it too. It's technology that Jack can lure her into relaxing around.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                Definitely! I'm not into video games but one of my best friends has a Wii and I love that thing. Jack would insist on it, and Sam would enjoy it too. It's technology that Jack can lure her into relaxing around.
                I don't play videogames either. Photoshop is my videogame
                The Wii is awesome, some friends downstairs have Mariokart and it's awesome.

Sam would love it too...at first she would just look at Jack playing it, but in the end she would see what he did wrong and try to be better...only to find out it is harder than it looks like. In the end, before she knows it, she'll be hooked.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  I don't play videogames either. Photoshop is my videogame
                  The Wii is awesome, some friends downstairs have Mariokart and it's awesome.

Sam would love it too...at first she would just look at Jack playing it, but in the end she would see what he did wrong and try to be better...only to find out it is harder than it looks like. In the end, before she knows it, she'll be hooked.
                  Omg. You just gave me a ficlet bunny!

I'll get to it the meeting I'm heading to and post before noon (PST).
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Omg. You just gave me a ficlet bunny!

I'll get to it the meeting I'm heading to and post before noon (PST).
                    Consider me having "squeed"! Write, young lady! Write like the WIND!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Consider me having "squeed"! Write, young lady! Write like the WIND!
                      Done.

The More Things Change.... Not a Campfire. I'm stuck.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Done.

But in a good way.

Comment

Done.

You SO have to do more of these little ditties. It was hysterical.

I played one of the LOTR games on a WII at work and was mortified that I kept knocking Aragorn off cliffs. WII is so different from the Atari I grew up with. LOL!

Give me Pac Man, Asteroids and Frogger and its a cake walk! I even beat the ROTJ Death Star game. But Wii.... you'd kick my ass.

We must play sometime! You know - when we're supposed to be writing? LOL!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            You SO have to do more of these little ditties. It was hysterical.

I played one of the LOTR games on a WII at work and was mortified that I kept knocking Aragorn off cliffs. WII is so different from the Atari I grew up with. LOL!

Give me Pac Man, Asteroids and Frogger and its a cake walk! I even beat the ROTJ Death Star game. But Wii.... you'd kick my ass.

We must play sometime! You know - when we're supposed to be writing? LOL!
                            My kids got me Guitar Hero for Mother's Day. ("Trust me, mom." Said my 12 year old. "It was the ONLY cool thing in the WHOLE store." Mm-hmm.) The Wii itself kicked me off because I was so bad at it. And I'll take you up on the Pac Man challenge, Leiasky--I used to routinely kick butt at that game. With the modern stuff, the machines actually laugh at me. They really do. I've heard them. And then they stick out their little joystick tongues at me. I'm THAT pathetic!
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

I admit that I am a Final Fantasy nerd. I own every single one :| There's something about the long epic journeys that I just love. It also helps that there are usually very strong characters, storylines and dramatic romances too I play those off my PS2/PS3, but would really love to get a Wii. I think I'd be quite terrible, but so long as I'm having fun, who cares!? I do love Guitar Hero/Rock Band as well. On "easy" level.

In my full show rewatch, just finished "Out of Mind" and "Into the Fire" My GOSH do Sam and Jack hug for a looong time after he's thawed <g> My re-watch friend was shocked as well Can't wait for Point of View comin' up!!!!!!
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

That calls for some picsies!

Comment

Working...
                                X