Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* I have to admit, if I were Sam and Sam & Jack were married, I'd be pretty distracted every time Jack was present *whistles*
    - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
    Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      with pete, sam waited seven years until she was convinced that she could never be with jack, and believed that he no longer had romantic feelings here. my point was that i don't think either character should be blamed for anything. each of them have tried to move on at various points, neither succeeded. sam didn't really know that she was hurting jack, jack didn't really know that he was hurting sam. as far as i'm concerned its a balanced situation.
      i totally agree. *both* of them have made bad decisions and didn't take opportunities to change/alter/rectify things that were going in unwanted direction. both. or should i say, they took 'some' initiative, but didn't go on with it to it's desirable conclusion.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Neither Jack nor Sam should be blamed...

The USAF should be. (Yeah...I do realize those frat rules are put there for a reason...but really...*yearns for S&J Smooch*)
        - Miz

SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Hello! Am I the only one bothered by this? That quote really upsets me! I mean, we don't know what mag it came from, and we know their journalistic integrity may not be the best, but still.....

In the discussion we had here over the last couple of days on the future of the ship, trupi mentioned that Don Davis had told her that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. I contacted minigeek, and she got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or both of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Here's the information I have.

Richard Dean Anderson
          c/o Gekko Film Corporation
          1122 South Robertson, Boulevard, Suite 15
          Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA

Richard Dean Anderson
          c/o ICM (International Creative Management)
          8942 Wilshire Blvd.
          Beverly Hills
          CA 90211, USA

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to him, but I'm having trouble navigating their web site. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write. I'm also going to post this message on the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread. You know those Gutter Gals!

How many would write? Could you post here and give us an idea?
          I was also bothered by this Hugh RDA fan here. I'll definitely write.
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity

Originally posted by Myrth
            See, my take on the whole ring scene in Affinity was that Sam was hoping Jack would give her a reason to say no. Her words.. "What about you?". I thought she was looking for something from him, but it didn't come. And I think that that was because Jack wanted to see her happy above wanting her and beleived Pete could give her what he couldn't at that point in time. True love people.. it was a comedy of misunderstandings if you will.. and very "real". Just a thought..

i can't remember where joe made this remark, but i'm 100 percent positive when i say that he confirmed your theory. i *loved* hearing that too.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

What I don't get is how someone who's obviously such a great actor can get such a dumb idea...

WE WANT RDA!

Umm...yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me
              - Miz

SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                What I don't get is how someone who's obviously such a great actor can get such a dumb idea...
                I'm guessing he's a bit more sensitive than he lets on, and self-depricating too. Of course, that could be my GG side speaking...

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                  I'm guessing he's a bit more sensitive than he lets on, and self-depricating too. Of course, that could be my GG side speaking...
                  nah he totally is. if you've seen the easter egg on the lost city dvd, RDA "my life as a mime" or a lot of interviews with him i guess, you kind of get an insight into that. he makes fun of himself easily, but there's some lack of confidence underneath it i think. i can recognise it in people i think because that how i am. amanda tapping is the same. they're both quite humble.

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                    Hey, looks like this thread needs a happy bump!

I was thinking about all the "subtle" ship between S&J, and the one thing that really sticks out is how they are almost always very close together: sitting, walking, standing, etc. Seiously, think about it: unless she has to go do something else, especially while offworld, Sam stays magnetically attached to Jack's side. In some instances, she's almost clingy. She's ESPECIALLY clingy in COG...right from the beginning, she knew she could trust Jack to get her "settled in" as part of SG-1. And right to the end, in Moiebus,
                    Spoiler:
                    did anyone else notice how quickly AU Sam adopted that clinginess? By M2, she and AU Jack were practically joined at the hip. Even in the video at the end, AU Sam is RIGHT behind AU Jack.
                    IMO, regardless of AT's insistence that it never happen, Sam DOES become "Jack's girl." It's just SO obvious!

Anybody else have "subtle ship" to share?
                    This isn't really subtle ship, but it is interesting. In the beginning of the show, we really didn't see them together that much while on missions. Most of the time, Jack would say, "Carter, you're with Teal'c. Daniel, with me."

Now I know that made the slashers squee, I'm sure, but it was logical. Daniel was the most inexperienced warrior, so Jack would want to keep an eye on him. But as the years went on, and Daniel became more independent and trained, it shifted, and became, "Carter, you're with me. Daniel, with Teal'c." Now, seeing that Daniel is self-reliant, he can keep Sam close to him, the one he cares for the most.

I did find it interesting in S6 that Jack didn't stay close to Jonas in the same way he stayed close to Daniel in those early years. I'd like to think it's because he sees him as being more capable, but I'm afraid it was just more that, by that time, he liked having Sam with him and wasn't really crazy about having such a bubbly person around him. LOL
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      See, my take on the whole ring scene in Affinity was that Sam was hoping Jack would give her a reason to say no. Her words.. "What about you?".
                      I know at the moment Jack wouldn't have said anything 'cos of the regs, but my unreasonable side kept shouting, "YOU IDIOT!! YOU PRACTICALLY ORDERED HER TO SAY YES!!! TURN AROUND RIGHT NOW AND TELL HER HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!!"

But alas...such a thing could only end in tears for our S&J

And so reason (and maturity) wins this time
                      - Miz

SG-1

Comment

Had good news today. Biopsy (on me)--results are benign!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Had good news today. Biopsy (on me)--results are benign!
                          Great news!!! You must be relieved!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Morning shippers! I'm bumping this thread up where it belongs (gee that sounds like a song). Oh well, keeping OT Sam & Jack forever.
                            -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                              Morning shippers! I'm bumping this thread up where it belongs (gee that sounds like a song). Oh well, keeping OT Sam & Jack forever.
                              GOOD MORNING!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

(((gatetrixer)))

So glad the results were clear
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X