• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a little collage to go with my last Sam and Jack shippy video

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
      A shipper bon-fire! Anything else we'd like to burn?
      Anyone have a Mr. Potatoe Head?
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        i don't have one of those-but i do have a list-anyone interested in knowing????
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Geez, they are selling the bouquet of roses that Pete gave Sam in Chimeria on Ebay. I might buy it so I can burn them and send the ashes to TPTB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARGATE-SG-1-PE...QQcmdZViewItem
          oh barf!
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

THE SHIP'S RECOVERY IS IN PROGRESS!!!!

Don't make me come out there and shake some sense into you Shippers!!!!

Jack, that's precisely what The Shippers want!!! You.Back!!!

Whaaat?? Me???

Jack, sometimes you can be so....dense!!!

Danny, whataya talking about???

OK, I get it!!! Don't sweat it!! I'll be back!! Trust me!!

Thanks to the cappers who made these fine pics available!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Oh! I have a neat idea. Don't know if anyone will want to play or not, but I have to run for a couple of hours, so who knows what might be here when I get back??

Here it is.

Why don't we try speculating on how the "big reveal" will actually take place? How we want it to, versus how we think it might actually go down (in canon). Without turning this into a dart board for the powers that be, can we come up with some scenarios for - heck, lets say season ten is the year; lets say we don't get the actual fireworks this year, BUT lets say Rick comes back in season ten, perhaps even full time (he does intend to come back, after all, this absence isn't a permanent plan for him). Lets say he comes back in season ten. And lets try and be realistic, how could it go down? Would the rest of SG-1 already know about the two of them? Would there be a big reveal? Ideas? Suggestions? Wanton DREAMS? lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                A shipper bon-fire! Anything else we'd like to burn?
                Uh.....how about most of this year's scripts?
                Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                Ok, I'll bite. What's on your list, pittsburghgirl?

Here, Ship Family. Have some nice, happy ship cookies! You'll feel better!

Comment

I have to say I do enjoy Gateworld but I am starting to get confused. It used to be that you could come to Gateworld and voice your opinion about the show positive or negative (within the rules of Gateworld) and sometimes a discussion would unfold and sometimes not; but now it seems that you can only post positive comments or risk people saying they are leaving because it is not fun anymore. If I have learned anything through the years here it's that you have to be flexible. If I come to the forum and it is negative I still read the posts and sometimes I come away with a different outlook or I hold true to what I believe in. If I come to the forum and it is a positive post I read and feel stronger after it. To me both types of posts are important and interesting. If I find that I don't agree with the post I might respond or simply move to the next post. Some of you new guys have come up with ideas or games that us oldies have played many times before; maybe we participate and maybe we don't but we aren't threatening to leave the thread because we have done them before. Who knows maybe tomorrow it will feel like something different and we can post lots. Right now I can totally understand the frustration on the thread because of all that is and is not going on and sometimes just expressing those ideas helps us feel better. Just like I can understand why sometimes we go off topic because there isn't anything the episodes are really giving us. All this talk about supporting our shipper family can sometimes be done by just listening. If I find that the conversation is too negative for me and I am not enjoying myself I guess I just leave for awhile but I don't begrudge everyone else the right just because it doesn't suit me. I guess I don't come to this thread looking for it to cheer me up, I come to hear the different views and add my two cents and when all is said and done the relationship between Jack and Sam will live or die with or without me but along the way I met some people who shared my views and this huge world seemed a little cozier.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and this is not directed at anyone, it is simply food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    I have to say I do enjoy Gateworld but I am starting to get confused. It used to be that you could come to Gateworld and voice your opinion about the show positive or negative (within the rules of Gateworld) and sometimes a discussion would unfold and sometimes not; but now it seems that you can only post positive comments or risk people saying they are leaving because it is not fun anymore. If I have learned anything through the years here it's that you have to be flexible. If I come to the forum and it is negative I still read the posts and sometimes I come away with a different outlook or I hold true to what I believe in. If I come to the forum and it is a positive post I read and feel stronger after it. To me both types of posts are important and interesting. If I find that I don't agree with the post I might respond or simply move to the next post. Some of you new guys have come up with ideas or games that us oldies have played many times before; maybe we participate and maybe we don't but we aren't threatening to leave the thread because we have done them before. Who knows maybe tomorrow it will feel like something different and we can post lots. Right now I can totally understand the frustration on the thread because of all that is and is not going on and sometimes just expressing those ideas helps us feel better. Just like I can understand why sometimes we go off topic because there isn't anything the episodes are really giving us. All this talk about supporting our shipper family can sometimes be done by just listening. If I find that the conversation is too negative for me and I am not enjoying myself I guess I just leave for awhile but I don't begrudge everyone else the right just because it doesn't suit me. I guess I don't come to this thread looking for it to cheer me up, I come to hear the different views and add my two cents and when all is said and done the relationship between Jack and Sam will live or die with or without me but along the way I met some people who shared my views and this huge world seemed a little cozier.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and this is not directed at anyone, it is simply food for thought.
                    Nickatell makes some good points. I know this is a hard time for us all, but in my six months here, those who were down about the show were always bolstered by those who weren't. I like to read everyone's point of view here, whether I agree or not. Just last night, ses110 expressed a viewpoint that got me to see a situation differently than I had viewed it. I appreciated that perspective.

I still firmly believe that RDA will be back.....and that THE SHIP will be resolved. Come on, folks! Cheer up! There's too much love here to be so blue.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      Yeah, I am interested.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Well, considering the current mood here, I'm not even sure if I should post this. But I will, because you deserve to know. The ratings for the finale are out, and they're not good. This excerpt from the article:

"The SCI FI Channel's 2-hour Stargate SG-1 event wasn't enough to keep the series from falling to its lowest ratings of the season on September 16, as the long-running show faced new competition from network premieres, professional wrestling, and reality TV.

The back-to-back SG-1 episodes "Prototype" and "The Fourth Horseman, Part 1" averaged a 1.8 household rating from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. This is down 10 percent (0.2 points) from the previous week's SG-1 episode and five percent (0.1 points) from last week's episode of Atlantis, but even with the same week a year ago (Season Eight's "Endgame")."

From me: Or could it be that fans are simply missing the essential components that made the show "must-see" viewing for them in the past, and are going elsewhere?

To read the entire article, go here:
                        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...oseasonl.shtml

Comment

Hi Shipper Family - I’m Back!!

Had a fantastic time in New York! So much to see and do and sooooo many shops to enjoy that I’ve got RSI in my right wrist from handing over my credit card so often!! Hee hee! (seriously, I now need an extra wardrobe!!)

Have yet to read and properly digest all your posts over the last week so have nothing constructive to contribute yet but just wanted to say Hi *waves to all* and it’s good to be back….finally!

Thanks so much for all your birthday wishes, I had a great day enjoying the sunshine and the ambience in Central Park and then a lovely evening out with the friends I was staying with so I felt very privileged and spoilt on my
                          ??th birthday!

I was hoping to catch the S9 double bill while I was across the pond but in all the holiday madness I totally missed it Oh well the silver lining points me to Oct when S9 starts here in the UK!

Hugs to all (((shipper family)))

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Well, considering the current mood here, I'm not even sure if I should post this. But I will, because you deserve to know. The ratings for the finale are out, and they're not good. This excerpt from the article:

"The SCI FI Channel's 2-hour Stargate SG-1 event wasn't enough to keep the series from falling to its lowest ratings of the season on September 16, as the long-running show faced new competition from network premieres, professional wrestling, and reality TV.

The back-to-back SG-1 episodes "Prototype" and "The Fourth Horseman, Part 1" averaged a 1.8 household rating from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. This is down 10 percent (0.2 points) from the previous week's SG-1 episode and five percent (0.1 points) from last week's episode of Atlantis, but even with the same week a year ago (Season Eight's "Endgame")."

From me: Or could it be that fans are simply missing the essential components that made the show "must-see" viewing for them in the past, and are going elsewhere?

To read the entire article, go here:
                            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...oseasonl.shtml
                            I actually liked Prototype. Fourth Horseman was ok, but we all know part II is usually better.

One problem I see is the
                            Spoiler:
                            team. I don't think the chemstry is there. They still seem like indiviuals, a carry over from season 8. They are still without a leader. Cam is a Stargate rookie and IMO not a strong leader. Should have left Sam in charge, with Cam as her 2IC.

But on the other hand, Cam seems to be the only one who really wants to be there. Sam would rather be at Area 51, Teal'c with his people and Daniel in Atlantis.

Rogue

Comment

I actually liked Prototype. Fourth Horseman was ok, but we all know part II is usually better.

One problem I see is the
                              Spoiler:
                              team. I don't think the chemstry is there. They still seem like indiviuals, a carry over from season 8. They are still without a leader. Cam is a Stargate rookie and IMO not a strong leader. Should have left Sam in charge, with Cam as her 2IC.

But on the other hand, Cam seems to be the only one who really wants to be there. Sam would rather be at Area 51, Teal'c with his people and Daniel in Atlantis.
                              funny you should mention that
                              Spoiler:
                              that the
                              "team" doesn't want to be there-kinda the way i am feeling right now.
                              -but the one thing you do have to say about season 9 is it and season 8 make 7 look good. That is quite a feat-isn't it?

Comment

(((((((((BILLIE)))))))))))

Glad you had a good time

Didn't you think to use your left hand as well as your right?

Pittsburghgirl - I found seasons seven and eight to be good...not brilliant but certainly good enough to keep me watching
                                Spoiler:
                                not this nonsense
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X