X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    This is my favorite Sam and Jack pic.

It is quite nice, isn't it?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

if sam and jack stayed in to watch a movie, what would they watch?
      what? i'm in the mood for silly questions.

Comment

hey, daniels twin? are you ben browder?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Pete's roses for sam...£24.99

AU Jack and Sam's wedding pic...thousands

Jack and Sam's real wedding pics...priceless
          hear, hear!!!

here's to the REAL sam and jack's wedding pics!!!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, sticking my foot in again like I did before when the subject of whether this should be a "happy place" entirely or a place where we can vent. IMO opinion it should be BOTH! This is the Sam/Jack family discussion thread after all, so let's discuss. And if the thread gets very negative as it does sometimes (anyone remember this thread when we saw those pics of "Assinity" last year?) then someone can come on and cheer us up in some way, hopefully. Or if it's too much sweetness and light for someone, you should be able to put in your two cents, no matter how dark those cents are. Families are not homogenous, unless they're clones. And I might add we have lost people because they didn't like to be called out (at least they thought so) when they were negative and if we have someone leave because of just the opposite situation then this thread might as well be called "the flat-line" thread because it'll be dead!

Nuff said--let's discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              Well, considering the current mood here, I'm not even sure if I should post this. But I will, because you deserve to know. The ratings for the finale are out, and they're not good. This excerpt from the article:

"The SCI FI Channel's 2-hour Stargate SG-1 event wasn't enough to keep the series from falling to its lowest ratings of the season on September 16, as the long-running show faced new competition from network premieres, professional wrestling, and reality TV.

The back-to-back SG-1 episodes "Prototype" and "The Fourth Horseman, Part 1" averaged a 1.8 household rating from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. This is down 10 percent (0.2 points) from the previous week's SG-1 episode and five percent (0.1 points) from last week's episode of Atlantis, but even with the same week a year ago (Season Eight's "Endgame")."

From me: Or could it be that fans are simply missing the essential components that made the show "must-see" viewing for them in the past, and are going elsewhere?

To read the entire article, go here:
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...oseasonl.shtml
              this has happened for the last three years in a row. around the sixth ep, the ratings start going down. and they go back to great when the show returns in january. i'm not worried, i still think there will be a season 10... and i PRAY we'll FINALLY get our PRO sam and jack RESOLUTION! (you know, see them together, as a couple. happy.)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

Tom Jones, though they might not make it through the eating scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                  Well, sticking my foot in again like I did before when the subject of whether this should be a "happy place" entirely or a place where we can vent. IMO opinion it should be BOTH! This is the Sam/Jack family discussion thread after all, so let's discuss. And if the thread gets very negative as it does sometimes (anyone remember this thread when we saw those pics of "Assinity" last year?) then someone can come on and cheer us up in some way, hopefully. Or if it's too much sweetness and light for someone, you should be able to put in your two cents, no matter how dark those cents are. Families are not homogenous, unless they're clones. And I might add we have lost people because they didn't like to be called out (at least they thought so) when they were negative and if we have someone leave because of just the opposite situation then this thread might as well be called "the flat-line" thread because it'll be dead!

I couldn't agree more with this!
                  always and forever
                  My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                  My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Sally I'am not sure the ratings will go up this Time.The last couple of Years RDA was still around.TPTB should have added some more Sam and Jack Ship from Sam's side and more mention of Jack.The raings may improve in the second half but I do not think the ratings will be as good without RDA.It looks like the Show did not get the adding ratings from Farscape Fans.TPTB did a Bad Job in reaching out to Shippers and long time Fans.TPTB attitude was this is the new Show now deal with it.

Comment

I enjoyed season 7 the second time around. Season 8, there won't be a second time because I am not going to buy the DVDs. The reason being is that I didn't get the resolution I wanted. The only way I have to show disapproval is to hit them were it counts, the wallet.
                      funny that you mention the dvds.... i've got seasons 1-4, with 4 still unopened. i bought 4 when the pete situation started, so i didn't have it in me to watch any eps.... and still haven't. in fact, i'm considering selling my dvds and just buying individual disks with the 40 eps i want.

funny how being disappointed can effect the entire package...

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        How about all three Indiana Jones movies? There were no hockey-related movies at Blockbuster when Sam stopped by.

Oh, yeah.....and War of the Worlds!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer

Assinity made me sad before i saw it. and then it made my eyes bleed razor blades when i saw it. its rare that an episode with a shippy scene sucks, but this was the worst episode of either stargate series that i have ever seen in my life. so much as i would like to suppress all memories of the episode and any discussion surrounding it, i can't.

i'm all for people venting, and such business, so long as its done in a way that is respectful to both the people on this thread and those involved in the making of the show. and i'd like to think that if someone were to find me disrespectful, they would call me on it so that i could apologise and either move on or rephrase my comments.

but i do prefer when the thread is more positive. when i come here to vent, i do so in the hope that my ship-um-mates ( :s ) will cheer me up not wallow with me, so that we all fall into a pit of bitter angry depressed cookie induced madness. i don't vent to bum everyone out, i do it to try to cheer up. and equally, when you guys have something to vent about, i try to put a more positive spin on things if i can. i try to come up with an option that may not have been considered, or i try to find reason and justification. i try to put things into a different light.

if i disagree with something that someone says or if i find someones opinion a tad too negative for my tastes, i'll skim passed the post, but if i find something that i can't let go. or if i find something too disrespectful to someone, be that the comment itself or how its phrased i will call someone on it rather publicly than send red jello, which i think i have only done once, and definitely not to anyone here. and that was an extreme situation.

or if i find something that i respectfully disagree with, and feel that i can debate it without it getting too serious or out of hand, i'll post an opinion on that. i love fun debates.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            How about all three Indiana Jones movies? There were no hockey-related movies at Blockbuster when Sam stopped by.

Oh, yeah.....and War of the Worlds!
                            Or, An Officer and A Gentleman! It will be a choice reflecting their relationship, ahem, when Sam's the officer and Jack's the retired gentleman!! Yeah, I get silly after a long day at work and dining on a cold sandwich and sipping my beer!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              I'm sorry...I'm completely against plastic surgery unless it's for medical reasons...I find it vain and a waste of money...what's the point in AT asking fans to donate to charities when she goes and blows money on something like that? I know it's her money, but c'mon!

AT talks about strong women and being a role model...what sort of message is it to send out that if you get a boob job you'll get more jobs...is her worth as an actress dependant on her looks?

I wish I had a figure like ATs (before her enhancements) but even if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't go under the knife.

Totally against it...totally totally totally

I'll be back when I'm in a better mood.

i was going to stay out of this discussion, but i want to say something...

i'm not against plastic surgery at all. it's the same thing to me as when someone goes on a diet. or changes their hair style. or exercises. or does anything to make themselves feel more attractive *to themselves*.

if amanda had this done - i don't care. it's her business, and if it makes her feel better in any way, shape, or form, then i'm happy for her.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Yep, its her body, if it makes her feel better about herself, then hey go for it. It is one of those things that when you have it done you can't really hide it. Besides hiding it defeats the purpose of having it done.
                                She's had a little lift around the jaw line while she was away too. My brother in law is a plastic surgeon and he commented on it the other night. He says it was a nice job.

Elbereth

Comment

Working...
                                X