Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great!

I hope they will come to their senses and bring her back. Janer is the one and only Stargate doctor!
    sigpic

Comment

WOW I just can't believe we're gonna be able to see her again! Yay! always was of my fav characters, so fearless, and so right about everything she's like the Carter of medicine hehe. I love her!
      Hallowed are the Ori
      (reverence)

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian_Taker
        she's like the Carter of medicine
        I never heard this before but I like it!

It fits her.
        sigpic

Comment

When is Ripple Effect supposed to air (in the U.S)? I don't watch SG anymore (since Heros) but I want to make sure I catch the Return Of Teryl the Energizer Bunny of Hugs. I only really watch SGA now and am starting to get sick of that.

The return of Teryl could be about the only thing that would make me want to catch back up on SG via DVDs. I want to wait and see where the episode goes first. I also hate what they have done with - so.....only maximum Teryl exposure could draw me back in.

Happy New Years Everyone!

Fumbles.

Comment

On the official stargate site http://www.stargatesg1.com/ I found this for Ripple Effect:

Jan 20th At 8:00 And 11:00 P.m. Est on SciFi Channel.

I'm realy glad for DVD's! I don't like the changes they had made in Season 9 and season 8 was like a requiem.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info on Ripple Effect, Olli . I am grateful for the dvds as well since I can rewatch the show pre Dr. Frasier death. I am just hoping that tptb give me the impetus to pick up the show from where I left off - by adding Teryl to the cast on a regular basis next season. Not holding my breath....

Fumbles....

Comment

It will be so great to see Janet again!!!!! January 20th can't come soon enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Fumbles McStupid
                  Thanks for the info on Ripple Effect, Olli . I am grateful for the dvds as well since I can rewatch the show pre Dr. Frasier death. I am just hoping that tptb give me the impetus to pick up the show from where I left off - by adding Teryl to the cast on a regular basis next season. Not holding my breath....

You're welcome!

So now I will hold my breath till Teryl is back on the show!

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhm!

*holding*

*still holding*

*still holding*

mmmmmhhhhhhhh! *face getting red*

*still... holding...*

mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *face getting blue*

*still...*

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

*look around* Is she back?

No?

S**t!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

*watches olli writhe on the floor*

i cant wait for ripple effect to air, it airs in the uk on the 24th and thats a day before my birthday
                    and grace under pressure on my birthday, damn its gonna be good, janet one day, a semi naked sam the next

damn stargate is a fine show

Comment

Originally posted by zer0_1
                      *watches olli writhe on the floor*

i cant wait for ripple effect to air, it airs in the uk on the 24th and thats a day before my birthday
                      and grace under pressure on my birthday, damn its gonna be good, janet one day, a semi naked sam the next

damn stargate is a fine show
                      You are enviable! Can't wait for Ripple Effect on air in Germany but like I know our tv stations it will take some time...
                      Last edited by Olli; 03 January 2006, 06:26 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
                        You are enviable! Can't wait for Ripple Effect on air in Germany but like I know our tv stations it will take some time...

im envied? cool, but i envy people here too, those who have been to the conventions and seen the stars of stargate

thats one of the things on my to do list, straight after get my 2006 calendar and pass my driving test, after that its convention time baby

Comment

Then good luck and don't drive too fast to your first convention!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Fumbles McStupid
                            I am just hoping that tptb give me the impetus to pick up the show from where I left off - by adding Teryl to the cast on a regular basis next season. Not holding my breath....
                            I wouldn't either. Barring a massive ratings spike for "Ripple Effect" almost nothing would drag TPTB kicking and screaming back from the mistake they made in S7—not least because it would entail admitting a mistake was made, something human nature rebels against. Also, TPTB have a serious case of "the grass is greener" syndrome, whereby they covet what they don't have and neglect what they do. Hence the increasingly servile courtship of Farscape viewers, not to mention the periodic attempts to round up whatever stragglers are left from the Andromeda fandom. Teryl must seem awfully old hat to a team of writer-producers who gush like awestruck schoolboys whenever their shiny new femme fatale is mentioned.
                            On a happier note, some vague noises emanated from Bridge Studios last summer to the effect that Ms. Rothery might be invited back for a guest shot (or two?) in S10. However, I'll believe it when I see it.
                            By the way, is it just me or does the Teyla smiley:
                            look nothing like Rachel Luttrell but bear a dead-on likeness to Teryl Rothery? It's very distracting.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                              I wouldn't either. Barring a massive ratings spike for "Ripple Effect" almost nothing would drag TPTB kicking and screaming back from the mistake they made in S7—not least because it would entail admitting a mistake was made, something human nature rebels against.
                              And even if there is a massive rating spike they will say it has nothing to do with Teryl's return but with the incredible new actors, I fear. Because you're right about the admitting of mistakes. "We at TPTB are brillant! We don't make mistakes! Never!"

Also, TPTB have a serious case of "the grass is greener" syndrome, whereby they covet what they don't have and neglect what they do. Hence the increasingly servile courtship of Farscape viewers, not to mention the periodic attempts to round up whatever stragglers are left from the Andromeda fandom. Teryl must seem awfully old hat to a team of writer-producers who gush like awestruck schoolboys whenever their shiny new femme fatale is mentioned.
                              Their attempt to draw new fans to the show was a dud I think! With these changes they rounded up fans of Andromeda and Farscape but pushed away old fans like me.

Maybe some day we will see the Enterprise-Syndrome in the show: Not writing good episodes anymore but creating situations the actors and actresses have to drop their chloths! Like Vala and Daniel in the showers, a aroused Lam hit by some alien virus hunting down Mitchell or maybe Carter... A gang bang of Jaffa and Hak'tyl... All for the holy gral: the ratings!

On a happier note, some vague noises emanated from Bridge Studios last summer to the effect that Ms. Rothery might be invited back for a guest shot (or two?) in S10. However, I'll believe it when I see it.
                              I hope for that! But maybe it is a rumour that was spread on purpose? To bind old fans to the show?

look nothing like Rachel Luttrell but bear a dead-on likeness to Teryl Rothery? It's very distracting.
                              Maybe it is Teryl with camouflage? Sneaking back into the show?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                                with a bit of editing it does look like janet, just change the skin tone of the smilie and voila
                                we need a janet smilie, just for the hell of it, most of these post will end up as janet smilie spam

"we love janet :janet: :janet: :janet: :janet: :janet: :janet: :janet:" *add infinitum*

Comment

Working...
                                X