No announcement yet.

Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So jelly? Love that! I wish she would be at a con in the UK. The closer to Edinburgh the better.
    sigpic

Comment

Haha, must be just American slang. Would love, love, love to visit Edinburgh someday. I would die if I could do that and attend a con at the same time.

One of these days I'll make a trip to Vancouver. So much stuff is filmed there, and maybe I can see where Cedar Cove takes place since Teryl is so in love with the set.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

That would be so cool. Unfortunately, I currently do not have the money for a proper holiday in Vancouver. The flights and accommodation alone are lots.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
          Haha, must be just American slang. Would love, love, love to visit Edinburgh someday. I would die if I could do that and attend a con at the same time.

One of these days I'll make a trip to Vancouver. So much stuff is filmed there, and maybe I can see where Cedar Cove takes place since Teryl is so in love with the set.
          Some of it was filmed in and around Victoria on Vancouver Island, and the cove part of it is filmed at a place called Deep Cove, which is in the NE of B.C. Geee, Vancouver Island is only about 30 miles across the Strait from where I live, and I could just hop on the ferry and pay a visit there sometime. I may have to start planning a little trip. Except I think they are already finished with filming for Season 3.
          Last edited by hedwig; 29 May 2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

In that case, to use the slang, I'm so jelly you live so close!
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                That would be so cool. Unfortunately, I currently do not have the money for a proper holiday in Vancouver. The flights and accommodation alone are lots.
                Yeah, Vancouver is expensive. I can get there, but accommodation could be a problem. It really looks like a beautiful place to live if you can afford it.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Some of it was filmed in and around Victoria on Vancouver Island, and the cove part of it is filmed at a place called Deep Cove, which is in the NE of B.C. Geee, Vancouver Island is only about 30 miles across the Strait from where I live, and I could just hop on the ferry and pay a visit there sometime. I may have to start planning a little trip. Except I think they are already finished with filming for Season 3.
                You lucky duck! That's good info. I'm definitely going to look up specific places if I ever make it over there. I wish I'd been a Stargate fan back when they were still at Bridge Studios. Didn't they do tours or something?

Okay, let me play guess-the-season-according-to-Janet's-hair... season 2? Or three? I don't remember if her hair changed in S3.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 June 2015, 09:59 PM. Reason: tag edit:)
                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Yeah, Vancouver is expensive. I can get there, but accommodation could be a problem. It really looks like a beautiful place to live if you can afford it.

You lucky duck! That's good info. I'm definitely going to look up specific places if I ever make it over there. I wish I'd been a Stargate fan back when they were still at Bridge Studios. Didn't they do tours or something?

Okay, let me play guess-the-season-according-to-Janet's-hair... season 2? Or three? I don't remember if her hair changed in S3.
                  Might be Season 2 and 3. She had short hair in "Urgo" (S3) and "Show and Tell" (S2).

Comment

Yeah, I definitely remember it in Urgo. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I can remember each episode based on how she looks.
                    rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Yeah, I definitely remember it in Urgo. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I can remember each episode based on how she looks.
                      In Season 5, she had longer hair. She had it kind of wrapped up in a bun in "Rite of Passage".

In Season 6, she had it shorter again - like in "Allegiance" and "Frozen".

Comment

It's funny - I can play guess the season with Beverly in Star Trek TNG and Kira in Star Trek DS9 as well as Fraiser.
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

^ I really love that pic. I saw it tagged somewhere with "Netherlands," and I wonder if that's really where it is?

Guys, I'm going to die from cuteness:

Teryl Rothery @terylrothery Jun 5
                              Saw this with Londyn. She said "can we drive to the end of the rainbow Mom?" I said "No dear, it's bath time"

Sorry for the lack of posting lately; I've been really bad and have paused my SG-1 re-watch to re-watch another show that may or may not be called Beverly Hills, 90210. Go on, laugh.

I think five seasons of SG-1 was probably a lot to marathon, anyway, and I get pretty emotionally invested in it while watching. BH is lighter fare and a nice breather until I want to throw myself back into the show again with full force.

Is that sad or what? I make it sound like a physical challenge to watch the show, LOL. Really, I'm probably just putting off watching S6 and S7 for reasons..

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              In Season 5, she had longer hair. She had it kind of wrapped up in a bun in "Rite of Passage".

In Season 6, she had it shorter again - like in "Allegiance" and "Frozen".
                              I've already forgotten which season I like her hair best in - 4 or 5? Whichever one had the opening episode on a submarine also had Fraiser with dark brown long hair in a bun. Then it just evolved throughout the season, though I liked it the best at the beginning.

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                              It's funny - I can play guess the season with Beverly in Star Trek TNG and Kira in Star Trek DS9 as well as Fraiser.
                              I think if Elizabeth survived more than 3.5 seasons of Atlantis, it would be the same for her. I think Janet might just be the queen of hairstyles, though, if episode-by-episode changes are anything to go by.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I've already forgotten which season I like her hair best in - 4 or 5? Whichever one had the opening episode on a submarine also had Fraiser with dark brown long hair in a bun. Then it just evolved throughout the season, though I liked it the best at the beginning.
                                That would be "Small Victories", Season 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X