No announcement yet.

Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I need to start taking caps. Apple's DVD Player won't let me, though, which is annoying.

Is it just me, or is 90% of Teryl's role in season 5 from Rite of Passage? In the past thirteen episodes, she's either had one or two scenes or hasn't appeared at all.

This is definitely the weirdest season so far, and it's not just because of that. :/
    rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I can't remember - it's been a while since I've watched season 5 but if it's the series when Daniel ascends then she's in that one quite a bit I think.
      sigpic

Comment

She had quite a large bit in S4, The Curse. Also in S6, Prophecy, and S6, Allegiance. In S7, she had a large bit in Lifeboat. And, of course, in Heroes (). And, of course, in S9, Ripple Effect.

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
          I can't remember - it's been a while since I've watched season 5 but if it's the series when Daniel ascends then she's in that one quite a bit I think.
          I still have three episodes to watch from S5, so hopefully she appears more in Meridian, though I can say I am not looking forward to that one.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          She had quite a large bit in S4, The Curse. Also in S6, Prophecy, and S6, Allegiance. In S7, she had a large bit in Lifeboat. And, of course, in Heroes (). And, of course, in S9, Ripple Effect.
          I'll have to re-check the Curse. I'm currently nearing the end of S5, so I don't remember anything from S6.

Besides Rite of Passage, her parts have felt strange this season. It's like she was only in a lot of these episodes for the sake of her being there instead of having anything to do. I can't complain that much since she's not a main cast member, but it just feels off compared to the past four seasons.

Even in Wormhole X-Treme someone in the commentary (Peter DeLuise?) mentioned that she had a short part and that fans were disappointed that the main cast didn't have much to do with the special episode. For that particular story, it didn't bother me too much, since I liked seeing the directors and such in the actual show, but it did surprise me when she didn't appear again. I think starting from Desperate Measures I noticed that her scenes seemed like more of an excuse for her to be present than anything else.

Oh, well. Don't mind me. I get my hopes up too much when I see her name in the credits at the beginning of an episode.
          rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
            I still have three episodes to watch from S5, so hopefully she appears more in Meridian, though I can say I am not looking forward to that one.

I'll have to re-check the Curse. I'm currently nearing the end of S5, so I don't remember anything from S6.

Besides Rite of Passage, her parts have felt strange this season. It's like she was only in a lot of these episodes for the sake of her being there instead of having anything to do. I can't complain that much since she's not a main cast member, but it just feels off compared to the past four seasons.

Even in Wormhole X-Treme someone in the commentary (Peter DeLuise?) mentioned that she had a short part and that fans were disappointed that the main cast didn't have much to do with the special episode. For that particular story, it didn't bother me too much, since I liked seeing the directors and such in the actual show, but it did surprise me when she didn't appear again. I think starting from Desperate Measures I noticed that her scenes seemed like more of an excuse for her to be present than anything else.

Oh, well. Don't mind me. I get my hopes up too much when I see her name in the credits at the beginning of an episode.
            "The Curse" is the story which introduces Osiris, so a lot of it is a Daniel story. However, Janet has a fairly big part in it in that she goes off with Sam and Daniel to Egypt to try and catch Osiris.

I really wish they had given her a bigger role throughout the series. However, I like the fact that some people think of her as a 5th member of SG1, besides being the CMO of the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              "The Curse" is the story which introduces Osiris, so a lot of it is a Daniel story. However, Janet has a fairly big part in it in that she goes off with Sam and Daniel to Egypt to try and catch Osiris.

I really wish they had given her a bigger role throughout the series. However, I like the fact that some people think of her as a 5th member of SG1, besides being the CMO of the SGC.
              Oh, right! "I can see why this place doesn't get many tourists." I would have loved to tag along with my three favorite characters on a trip to Egypt. Minus the nearly-dying-at-the-hands-of-Osiris bit.

Now, if I had kept up with my drabbles for each episode, I'd have remembered that episode by its title alone.

Aww, that's a nice thought. I'd like to think of her that way, too. Heck, if Ripple Effect is anything to go by, it may as well be true.
              rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Prophecy was the first SG1 episode I ever saw
                sigpic

Comment

How disgustingly cute is this?

Also

"Love at first sight!!! Meet Emmy. New baby next to "Thyme and Tide"@hallmarkchannel #cedarcovetv"

So cute! I'm guessing this is from a horse on set? Maybe there'll be a foal in season 3.

Prophecy was the first SG1 episode I ever saw
                  Had to double check the title. Not there in my re-watch yet because I just can't bring myself to watch Meridian. Perhaps tonight.
                  rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I cannot watch Heroes. Not only for the obvious reason but there's a scene where Hammond's talking to Sam about what happened and that makes it even worse!
                    sigpic

Comment

Watched Meridian last night and was surprised by how unemotional I was. I teared up a bit, sure, but I think I was more disappointed than anything by Daniel's choice to leave, even though I know it was Michael who wanted to go. Now I'm about to start S6, but I already know I'm going to miss the interaction between Daniel and Janet.

I forgot, though, that he does show up a few times throughout the season, so I'm going to cross my fingers that they are in the same room at least once.

I'm also looking forward to Frozen, which I very vaguely remember. We get to see Janet in another setting, which is always great. But please... let this be a better season than the last.

I cannot watch Heroes. Not only for the obvious reason but there's a scene where Hammond's talking to Sam about what happened and that makes it even worse!
                      Heroes is the most painful episode to watch out of all three series, period. ):

Are you a Janet/Hammond shipper?
                      rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I am a Janet / Hammond shipper - probably one of only a tiny handful.

I'm the one who started the Janet / Hammond thread
                        sigpic

Comment

I am a Janet / Hammond shipper - probably one of only a tiny handful.

I'm the one who started the Janet / Hammond thread
                          That's cute. I was listening to the commentary for the Fifth Man, and during one scene where Hammond is looking at Janet, Peter DeLuise says the camera zoomed in on him at the moment he started to feel "strangely attracted" to Dr. Fraiser. Pretty sure he was kidding, lol, but you never really know.
                          rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I haven't seen that episode for ages.....might just have to watch it again now
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Lovely pic! Something tells me it's from an episode in which she hardly appears, but she volunteers to go off-world anyway. (Was definitely hoping she would, of course.) I can't remember the name, though..

I'd love to post more frequently, but now my internet isn't working so well.

By the way, Teryl is going to be at DragonCon and some convention in Maine? I am so jelly. I wish she were going to the Stargate con in Chicago.
                                Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 24 May 2015, 01:36 PM.
                                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Working...
                                X