No announcement yet.

Goa'uld Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realise it is not a problem for the symbiote to keep the host in 'perfect order' for thousands of years, by using a sarcophagus - but I thought the host would age quickly after the symbiote was removed - if the host was old enough to have been kept young with a sarcophagus? Kendra has been on the Viking planet for 10 years.

It would seem there is no immediate problems with a very old host that has been kept young with a sarcophagus, even if they have no access to a sarcophagus, as long as the symbiote is healthy. Perhaps the host just ages slowly (timeframe like the 400 years before needing a new host we got from 'Seth'), starting from an age that is their apparent age when the Goa'uld can't get to a sarcophagus, even if the host was already extremely old? That would explain Apophis in Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know - and still account for The Serpent's Song, since Apophis was dying and could not heal his host.

However, none of this explains the symbiote-less 2000+ year old Kendra with no access to a sarcophagus, that does NOT seem to age quickly.

Of course, it could be that a symbiote immediately screws around with the hosts chemistry so they will live longer even if the symbiote is later removed. I wonder if Sam will live longer/be young longer?
    Last edited by Skadi; 23 October 2010, 11:19 AM.
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Sort of makes me think of Ba'al and his host after Ba'al was removed. I wonder how old that host was? Can the Tok'ra stabilize him or will he die quickly or have to take a Tok'ra symbiote to survive? How will he react to this?

For that matter, has he become evil from all the trips to the sarcophagus? Was he even part of Ba'al's scheme? I have seen some suggest Ba'al was different and that his host was evil as well, and in on the plan. Perhaps they will get a nasty surprise?

For that matter, how can they ever be sure there are no more Ba'al clones?
      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

OK, I have tallied the votes. There were 8 people voting.

First, these all got 8 votes, so they are all in:

Amaterasu
        Amaunet
        Apophis
        Bastet
        Camulus
        Hathor
        Heru-ur
        Imhotep
        Kali
        Klorel
        Morrigan
        Nerus
        Nirrti
        Osiris
        Qetesh
        Ra
        Sokar
        Tanith
        Yu
        Zipacna

That is the first 20 spots. That leaves 10.

These got 7 each:

Anubis
        Ba'al
        Cronus
        Moloc
        Olokun

So they are in as well.

25 spots taken, 5 left.

These each got 6:

'Junior 2'
        Marduk
        Seth
        Unnamed in Kianna Cyr

So also in. 1 more to go.

Only one got 5 votes:

Mot

So, that must be the ones.
        sigpic

Comment

Full results of votes:

Amaterasu 8
          Amaunet 8
          Anubis 7
          Apophis 8
          Athena 4
          Ba'al 7
          Bastet 8
          Bynarr 3
          Camulus 8
          Cronus 7
          Hathor 8
          Heru-ur 8
          Imhotep 8
          "Junior 1" 0
          "Junior 2" 6
          Kali 8
          Klorel 8
          Marduk 6
          Moloc 7
          Morrigan 8
          Mot 5
          Nerus 8
          Nirrti 8
          Olokun 7
          Osiris 8
          Qetesh 8
          Ra 8
          Sekhmet 2
          Seth 6
          Sokar 8
          Svarog 2
          Tanith 8
          Unnamed in Adrian Conrad 1
          Unnamed in Caldwell 4
          Unnamed in Kawalsky 0
          Unnamed in Kianna Cyr 6
          Yu 8
          Zipacna 8
          sigpic

Comment

These are OUT:

Athena 4
            Bynarr 3
            "Junior 1" 0
            Sekhmet 2
            Svarog 2
            Unnamed in Adrian Conrad 1
            Unnamed in Caldwell 4
            Unnamed in Kawalsky 0
            sigpic

Comment

These are IN:

Amaterasu 8
              Amaunet 8
              Anubis 7
              Apophis 8
              Ba'al 7
              Bastet 8
              Camulus 8
              Cronus 7
              Hathor 8
              Heru-ur 8
              Imhotep 8
              "Junior 2" 6
              Kali 8
              Klorel 8
              Marduk 6
              Moloc 7
              Morrigan 8
              Mot 5
              Nerus 8
              Nirrti 8
              Olokun 7
              Osiris 8
              Qetesh 8
              Ra 8
              Seth 6
              Sokar 8
              Tanith 8
              Unnamed in Kianna Cyr 6
              Yu 8
              Zipacna 8
              sigpic

Comment

Should I ask for a poll here, or should I make a new thread for it, where we can post the pics in?
                sigpic

Comment

Good List I think I say pictures are needed, not everyone is going to know who the sumit lords are.

They did say Kendra was taken as a host really young, right? But I agree, there might be residual effects that affect aging from having a symbiont. Sam might live somewhat longer and look younger somewhat longer but I bet Kendra had a lot more drastic biological changes, from being host for so long and going through sarcophogi.

I thought they said that Tok'ra could only like to like 200 without a sarcophogus? why is that number different in "Seth" at 400 years?

The Ba'al we saw in Continuum was a clone. The actual old host died with the original Ba'al on the boat in the past. The clone was probably only a couple years old. I do have one issue with that cloned host, aren't clones clean slates? Because they used the nightwalkers cloning technology which used asgard cloning technology and asgard clones are clean slates with a personality imprinted on them. I really doubt that Ba'al would have any reason to let his host's clones keep their parent's personality. So the only thing that host will know is what he experienced while a goa'uld clone had control of him. Whether he needs a Tok'ra to survive or not, he's gonna need some educating and integrating before he can go out in the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                    Good List I think I say pictures are needed, not everyone is going to know who the sumit lords are.
                    I will start a new thread for it later today or something, then ask to have a poll added to it. And suggestions for a name for the thread? 'Which Goa'uld is your favourite'?

They did say Kendra was taken as a host really young, right? But I agree, there might be residual effects that affect aging from having a symbiont. Sam might live somewhat longer and look younger somewhat longer but I bet Kendra had a lot more drastic biological changes, from being host for so long and going through sarcophogi.

I thought they said that Tok'ra could only like to like 200 without a sarcophogus? why is that number different in "Seth" at 400 years?
                    I think the accepted explanation I have seen LOTS of places (and which both makes sense and fits the data) is that it depends on the age of the host at the time he/she became a host.

Jacob is told by Selmak they might be together for 'a hundred years or more' - probably because he is like 60 or so? More?

Saroosh got close to 200 years? So maybe she was like late 50ies? Same for Yosuuf, probably.

If, one the other hand, the symbiote gets a young host - which a Goa'uld can usually easily get, as it does not need to wait for a volunteer, and take whatever they are offered - then they can keep the host young for many more years...400 years or more.

Those with the young and handsome/sexy hosts can then take either the physically hard jobs or the ones that need a good looking one (like undercover sometimes?). Perhaps? Jacob is just different because he has military training and wants to be active so he's allowed to?

The Ba'al we saw in Continuum was a clone. The actual old host died with the original Ba'al on the boat in the past. The clone was probably only a couple years old. I do have one issue with that cloned host, aren't clones clean slates? Because they used the nightwalkers cloning technology which used asgard cloning technology and asgard clones are clean slates with a personality imprinted on them. I really doubt that Ba'al would have any reason to let his host's clones keep their parent's personality. So the only thing that host will know is what he experienced while a goa'uld clone had control of him. Whether he needs a Tok'ra to survive or not, he's gonna need some educating and integrating before he can go out in the galaxy.
                    The Ba'al clones could either have had the memory copied to them (perhaps Ba'al likes it because he is used to it? Uses it sometimes? Thinks maybe there is something he hasn't thought of grabbing? Or the host is his friend - unlikely) or else they only have what has bled over from the symbiote. I think the symbiote gets all of the host if it wants to (Ren'al says something about Lantash having Martouf's memories?), but I guess that is only true for Tok'ra, because a Goa'uld would only want what could be explicitly used.

Perhaps the host-clone is EVIIIIIILL, because the only personality it has is from the Ba'al symbiote-clone
                    sigpic

Comment

if/when you start a new thread, feel free to use or not use any of my pictures. I think the ones I pulled out were the best/most consistent ones I had for each goa'uld and you definately had better ones of some of them

If the Ba'al host clone is evil: Haha, then we need to put a tok'ra in them in order to control the evilness! Lie to him and says it's a Ba'al symbiont so that he's a willing host

It's also possible that Ba'al's orginal host was voluntary... since he's human servant wanted to grow up to be a host in Last Stand. Obviously Ba'al really liked that host since he would clone him instead of just taking new hosts. Would have been more discrete that way.

Comment

OK, finally got the thread made and all the pics and some info posted.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, will run and have a look at the thread!

LOL at the evil Ba'al clone!
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Thanks for getting the voting-thread set up!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Not much going on here...the voting seems to go well in the new thread, though.
                              sigpic
                              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
                                It's also possible that Ba'al's orginal host was voluntary... since he's human servant wanted to grow up to be a host in Last Stand. Obviously Ba'al really liked that host since he would clone him instead of just taking new hosts. Would have been more discrete that way.
                                Yes, that's right, apparently some of the Goa'uld servants wants to be hosts O_o

One would think they knew what would happen to the host, but perhaps they just think of it as a great honour. Or maybe they have this really strong combined masochist/bondage-fetish - I mean, it must be the ultimate kick to be host to a Goa'uld then...sorry
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X