Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf View Post
    He'll probably decide it's safer to keep her indoors for a few more years.

Still, after this experience, I suppose he can arm her with the anti-Rules.
    I think if she's secretly passed a tape of her dad doing all this stuff it would be enough to put her off for quite some time...

Day off tomorrow will probably be spent writing cover letters for internships and experience (as well as jobs). Again. I'm 22, have a decent degree from a very decent uni and will have an MA by the end of the year, and yet I know that any job will be appalling and mind numbing because all the good ones will be taken by the huge amounts of competition. Oh, hooray
    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      I think if she's secretly passed a tape of her dad doing all this stuff it would be enough to put her off for quite some time...
      It is taking the embarrassing dad to another level.

Day off tomorrow will probably be spent writing cover letters for internships and experience (as well as jobs). Again. I'm 22, have a decent degree from a very decent uni and will have an MA by the end of the year, and yet I know that any job will be appalling and mind numbing because all the good ones will be taken by the huge amounts of competition. Oh, hooray
      Huzzah!
      I can just feel the excitement radiating off you.

Comment

It is taking the embarrassing dad to another level.

Huzzah!
        I can just feel the excitement radiating off you.
        At least he looks much, much better than most dads whilst doing it.

Not that it's much consolation. Especially when dad's funny but possibly quite embarrassing friend is along for the ride

If you know anyone who needs a general lackey for a bit- typing, making beverages (very good at that- sometimes might bring cake), speaking in full coherent sentences and displaying some form of maturity, listening to their jargon, buying a present for the other half, possibly providing Python quotes when they're feeling down- please pass my details on. It will only be a couple of weeks before I will make this plea a serious one as opposed to a semi-mocking one
        sigpic

Comment

If you know anyone who needs a general lackey for a bit- typing, making beverages (very good at that- sometimes might bring cake), speaking in full coherent sentences and displaying some form of maturity, listening to their jargon, buying a present for the other half, possibly providing Python quotes when they're feeling down- please pass my details on. It will only be a couple of weeks before I will make this plea a serious one as opposed to a semi-mocking one
          Speaking coherent sentences renders you overqualified for all the jobs where I am.

In all seriousness, we always need tea making lackeys, but it's a bit depressing for someone with an MA. And frankly a bit of a p*** take nowadays, IMO.

Comment

Speaking coherent sentences renders you overqualified for all the jobs where I am.

In all seriousness, we always need tea making lackeys, but it's a bit depressing for someone with an MA. And frankly a bit of a p*** take nowadays, IMO.
            Oh, I know. Biggest one in the book. Hence the semi-mocking-which-is-kinda-serious-in-an-angsty-kind-of-ironic-silly-way

And even more sadly, tea-making at work never involves loose leaves, saucers, or (horror of horrors) cake. Its most distressing.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, I know. Biggest one in the book. Hence the semi-mocking-which-is-kinda-serious-in-an-angsty-kind-of-ironic-silly-way

And even more sadly, tea-making at work never involves loose leaves, saucers, or (horror of horrors) cake. Its most distressing.
              True. It's all weird coffees these days.

Comment

Back to the seriously creepy, and possibly making even less sense than previously (dating vid)

Why would you demonstrate that? Is this the final "if all else fails" rule?

On a lighter note:
                Hatlessness! And something else less as well.
                I was almost too afraid to click on the link...

Ooh, black hat.

I love that Corin's initial reaction about the dog is 'awwww!' and is possibly a genuine one

Ooh, leather jacket.

I'm never going on a night out with these guys. I mean, I never will, but even if I had the opportunity...

These women are terrifying. Really.

Ohdearohdearohdearohdear. I think that about sums up that last scene. And that's not including my reaction to Neil's outfit...

My comments:

1. Corin really has that creepy man look down to a 'T'... but than again, after Speck, I think anyone would..
                2. Loving the long hair.... really loving it...
                3. Love the dog and his genuine responce to it's cuteness!!
                4. How stupid were the first people who knew it from online and still didn't get in....
                5.OMG SPongebob!!!
                6. I would have demanded to keep the puppy... or Corin.. either would have been fine...
                7. Res, you totally would go out for a night with those guys... we all would lmao!!

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

You know it's just occurred to me (re. the last rules vid) Ted Bundy's method was to talk women into his car. Should be an interesting commentary from CN on that flick.

Comment

What's your MA in? You did classics right? for your BA?

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

You know it's just occurred to me (re. the last rules vid) Ted Bundy's method was to talk women into his car. Should be an interesting commentary from CN on that flick.
                      Thank goodness Corin has openly said that he's not a method actor...

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
                      What's your MA in? You did classics right? for your BA?
                      I have an Ancient Civilisations BA, and my MA is Reception of the Classic World (look at all those capitals, baby). The latter is unknown to everyone outside of Classics because its an brand-new MA, first of its kind, in a growing field of research within classical scholarship. Its all new and progressive. Well, for Classics it is
                      sigpic

Comment

Considering his filmography, I think that's a very good thing.

Comment

I have an Ancient Civilisations BA, and my MA is Reception of the Classic World (look at all those capitals, baby). The latter is unknown to everyone outside of Classics because its an brand-new MA, first of its kind, in a growing field of research within classical scholarship. Its all new and progressive. Well, for Classics it is
                          Oooh that sounds neat! My friend went on to a Museum Studies MA after her Classics degree. Actually, she went over there for it. She loves what she's doing now.

Ya... although I could have dealt with him walking around the house all snarky and with a cowboy hat for Speck....could have done without the "pretend" murd'rin' though!

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

The possibilities for Speck alone are terrifying...
                            sigpic

Comment

The possibilities for Speck alone are terrifying...

Speck, NCIS, Brother's Keeper, The Stand
                              ... I think that counts as half the population of a major city.

Comment

Speck, NCIS, Brother's Keeper, The Stand
                                ... I think that counts as half the population of a major city.
                                I really need to dig out my copy of The Stand....
                                Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X