Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Admiral,

Made it home safe and sound. Boy, is it aweful out. We are only suppose to get about 3 more inches of snow tonight but it rained, then froze so it is really slippery and we have winds gusts up to 50mph. You can not see the houses across the street right now. Anyways, thought I would give you the local weather update for Iowa. My Jonas clone is going to keep me safe and warm tonight. Cuddle up and watch SG1.

Tonight I'm the pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
      Hi Admiral,

Made it home safe and sound. Boy, is it aweful out. We are only suppose to get about 3 more inches of snow tonight but it rained, then froze so it is really slippery and we have winds gusts up to 50mph. You can not see the houses across the street right now. Anyways, thought I would give you the local weather update for Iowa. My Jonas clone is going to keep me safe and warm tonight. Cuddle up and watch SG1.

Tonight I'm the pillow.
      Wow that stinks, I would rather have the snow then the rain. Stay safe and great pictures.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        Wow that stinks, I would rather have the snow then the rain. Stay safe and great pictures.
        Yep it stinks. I wish it would have stayed rain at least it drys up after it rains. Glad you like the pics. I think I need hot chocolate and my kitties and we will call it a night.

Comment

Doh, I should have said freezing rain... Plain rain is perferable to either.

One thing I always liked about Jonas, its a stupid little thing, but I always liked how he was eating and trying out stuff like that. I was annoyed with TPTB on the commentaries when they told him he had to stop it. I mean they still get to do their cameos and Pineapples so why not let CN do his "jonas likes to eat" thing.

Your Tea picture reminded me of that.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            Doh, I should have said freezing rain... Plain rain is perferable to either.

One thing I always liked about Jonas, its a stupid little thing, but I always liked how he was eating and trying out stuff like that. I was annoyed with TPTB on the commentaries when they told him he had to stop it. I mean they still get to do their cameos and Pineapples so why not let CN do his "jonas likes to eat" thing.

Your Tea picture reminded me of that.
            I liked that too. It was very funny. Like the onion rings and milkshake dunking in Nightwalkers. Wish I had a pic of him actually dunking the onion rings in the milkshake but alas.

Last edited by Anyagate1; 28 November 2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I liked that too. It was very funny. Like the onion rings and milkshake dunking in Nightwalkers. Wish I had a pic of him actually dunking the onion rings in the milkshake but alas.
              Yeah, I love that, "traditional American cuisine" comment. "We have another tradition, it's called hardened arteries." ROFL
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Yeah, I love that, "traditional American cuisine" comment. "We have another tradition, it's called hardened arteries." ROFL
                LOL ! It's even funnier because Sam is stealing something from his plate the very same moment she's saying that. Those two had really something going on with shared lunchs. I wonder how many times they did it. I guess it was a good excuse for Sam for more teasing and that it was also her mean to drag Jonas out of the lab and work. She may be a workaholic but she never let him turn into a worse workaholic than her.
                And I also think it was a good way for Jonas to learn more about " Tau'ri culture". Teal'c gave his view and opinions on the matter, but it's Teal'c. Sam can provide better explanation than "Tau'ri are strange".
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I loved that episode. The teasing between Jonas and Sam was like an older sister teasing her younger brother. And Teal'c's opinions on the Tauri were good and gave some insight into how he sees things. I love season 6 - there was so much growth and development for the characters when Jonas became a part of the team.

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=338232

IFFI-PARZANIA
                    Filmmaker stands by controversial film on post-Godhra riots
                    TONY THARAKKAN PANAJI, NOV 29 (PTI)
                    Despite the strong reaction evoked by his film based on the post-Godhra riots, filmmaker Rahul Dholakia has said he is ready to screen 'Parzania' in Ahmedabad.

"If we filmmakers do not express our thoughts, we are as guilty of the crime as those that committed it," he told reporters at the International Film Festival of India here.

Dholakia, who hasn't managed to find a distributor for the film, said he wanted more people to see the film and was ready to take it to schools and universities for private viewings.

"I am ready to show the film even in Ahmedabad," he said.

The world premiere of 'Parzania', depicting the travails of a Parsi couple (played by Sarika and Naseeruddin Shah) who lose their son to the riots, had been marred by a fracas on Saturday after some audience members alleged it was "biased and portrayed Hindus in a bad light." The film, based on a true story, had been passed by the Censor Board with only a few minor audio cuts, Dholakia said.

"I don't think a screening of my film will lead to violence. It's not a pro-community film. It's pro-humanity," he said.

"Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. It's a film bound to provoke discussions," he added.

However, the director accused the media of playing up the reactions of a minor section of the audience.

"We made the film with a great sense of responsibility as we didn't want to mess with it. It is sad that the media forgot about all the audience members who praised the film," Dholakia said.

Actress Sarika also stood by the controversial English movie, saying she agreed to act in the flick because of its strong script. Sarika, who plays the mother of the 10-year-old child, yesterday said that "The riots are a delicate issue and it is not easy to make a film on such a topic. I agreed to do it because the script had been written with maturity and a sense of responsibility".

'Parzania' also stars Emmy-award winning actor Corin Nemec, Raj Zutshi and Parzaan Dastur.

Famous for her roles as a child star in the 1970s, Sarika recently returned to face the camera after a decade-long hiatus.

"I have signed five more films although I am not in a position to reveal more about them," the actress told PTI here.

After power-packed performances in 'Parzania' and Ruchi Narain's 'Kal - Yesterday and Tomorrow', Sarika seems to have many more filmmakers queuing up outside her door.

Comment

Hi Admiral,

Thanks for checking in. It's busy today, but I'll drop in when I can.

Lucky AJoC, Anya makes for a wonderful pillow.

Comment

Just stopping by to say "Hi!" after yesterday's forum weirdness. (kept getting the "cannot find server" screen of boringness )

Interesting article Admiral.

Anya. Snow, cool. (Blizzard, probably not so much ). I've been waiting for the first signs that the weather peeps have been promising. Although around where I am I'll be lucky to see more than half an inch, and that'll still stop the trains.

Re: Sam and Jonas' shared lunches.
                        I liked how in Prophecy one of his premonitions was her asking him to lunch. Just a lovely sense of not all work for those two.

Interesting site for fanfic-ers (readers and writers) http://www.trickster.org/symposium/. Lots of thoughtful columns on whys and wherefores of fanfics.

Comment

Admiral,
                          Thanks for the Article on Parzania. Very interesting!

Smurf,
                          Blizzard...fun?? Nope...definitely not fun. You're crazy! Will have to check out that website when I get a chance.

Well ladies I am swapped today...not much time for thunking.

Comment

Did Anya call us ladies? I'm wondering who she means? Maybe the guests?

Could be.

Howdy, smurf.

Comment

Howdy.
                              Looking at the first pic Anya posted I think Jonas is thinking the same.

Talking of snow, I wrote a little snow related fic a while back. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2603031/2/ ** **

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                                Howdy.
                                Looking at the first pic Anya posted I think Jonas is thinking the same.

http://www.poisoncat.co.uk/random/frozen2.jpg
                                Talking of snow, I wrote a little snow related fic a while back. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2603031/2/ ** **
                                Thanks for the link...gotta check it out.

We don't get sky dander here. Just lots of rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X