Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf View Post
    Somehow I think my new CN career highlights one might cause a problem.

Also a career highlight... for me anyway.
    Er, might just...

What exactly would that shot be highlighting again?
    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      Er, might just...

What exactly would that shot be highlighting again?
      The Stargate, I think.
      Let me just check...

Yes, definitely the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
        "Tch, minor details..."

It's not a mullet- mullets are more RDA in the McGyver years (or if you're British and over/under certain ages, Pat Sharpe in Funhouse ). It's a side-swept Beatles-like-curtains thing. A CN hair thing, which is a strange thing in itself. We might have to call it a mullet for lack of a more direct description, actually

I don't think he's so skinny there. He's comparable to most of the guys I know who are that height. He'd been away from the show for a few months, and obviously wasn't working out so much as he wasn't afraid of being dwarfed by Chris' shadow So this leads me to suspect that he's either drawing out your maternal instincts (you'd like to fatten him up a bit); you're used to seeing him tall and muscular; or you spend your time around tall and muscular guys as opposed to skinny little things. I understand the first two, but if it's the third option than I would like to get some idea of where you live- so I can get a plane ticket out there ASAP

I didn't say it WAS a mullett!! Just that it was a poor fashion choice in the same way that the mullett was in the 80's. The haircut Jonas has here is very much like one that was popular in our high school in the two or three years before I graduted in the early 80's.

As for the skinny comment, I was comparing Jonas in this episode to Jonas as we saw him in S6. By comparison, he is much thinner! So how does a man lose so much bulk in six months? The only possibilities are not eating enough or overworking. I could believe both in this case, because he definitely had his hands full dealing with the idiots on their planet, and given the status of their society, they probably don't have the fun foods we have, to which he'd become so accustomed.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
          I didn't say it WAS a mullett!! Just that it was a poor fashion choice in the same way that the mullett was in the 80's. The haircut Jonas has here is very much like one that was popular in our high school in the two or three years before I graduted in the early 80's.

As for the skinny comment, I was comparing Jonas in this episode to Jonas as we saw him in S6. By comparison, he is much thinner! So how does a man lose so much bulk in six months? The only possibilities are not eating enough or overworking. I could believe both in this case, because he definitely had his hands full dealing with the idiots on their planet, and given the status of their society, they probably don't have the fun foods we have, to which he'd become so accustomed.
          I was only playing You are right, it's a eighties kind of look, especially as it's a variant of the cut Corin had in his teens

I can see Jonas throwing himself into work, and also not keeping up the food and exercise regime that he would have instigated whilst on SG-1 in order to be up to the task- something that's very important to him. That reasoning mirrors how CN himself lost that much weight- working, home stuff and also that he felt that he had to bulk himself up in order to look the part and to fit in.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
            Cool. Which ones did you snurch?
            CSI:Night Mother, Decent, Metamorphasis 2, Prophesy, Metamorphasis 1, "There's no such thing as too tight", and "two aliens walk into a bar". Oh, and at a different time I snurched the Abyss ones lol. I don't know if I'll use them all, but I like to look at them anyways LMAO!

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

It's like stop-motion Jonas

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

morning thunkers
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X