Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenn Calaelen View Post
    Hi everyone!

It could be shutting down if it thinks that it is running out of power... Do you know what is wrong with it? Possibly it could be fixed if the problem is in the lead....

I can't decide which ones are my favourites, I have too many.
    I know which ones I don't like, but that is another matter...
    The cable that links the machine to the power pack is behaving as if its been pulled out-the power is travelling to the pack (the light is on) and because I have found that *holding* the cable in can help, I've assumed that the problem is with the connection thingy (yes, I know ) in the computer or on the end of the lead.
    I'm getting 'blue screen', which sometimes happens and is usually blamed by the system on Windows Defender having been over-zealous; the only problem is that it likes to do it when I'm busy...
    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

I love it when the babes talk about tech stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
        The cable that links the machine to the power pack is behaving as if its been pulled out-the power is travelling to the pack (the light is on) and because I have found that *holding* the cable in can help, I've assumed that the problem is with the connection thingy (yes, I know ) in the computer or on the end of the lead.
        I'm getting 'blue screen', which sometimes happens and is usually blamed by the system on Windows Defender having been over-zealous; the only problem is that it likes to do it when I'm busy...
        Ah, not good. Sounds like it'd need mending to get better. Poor you!

Windows does weird things like that.

But at least you have got it working again for now.

Comment

Comment

Yep. Dell people will be called and I'll have to wait until next week to get it fixed-I can't afford to take time off lectures/essay writing/library time

I love my 'Baby Blue', as I call it, but sometimes I swear it does it on purpose. It knows I have three essays in for Friday At least its not like the first year, where the motherboard went funny and the fan didn't work-I wasn't at home so I couldn't get it mended, so I had a computer that crashed from overheating every hour/hour and a half and then needed to cool down afterwards when I had about three or four essays to do
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
              Yep. Dell people will be called and I'll have to wait until next week to get it fixed-I can't afford to take time off lectures/essay writing/library time

I love my 'Baby Blue', as I call it, but sometimes I swear it does it on purpose. It knows I have three essays in for Friday At least its not like the first year, where the motherboard went funny and the fan didn't work-I wasn't at home so I couldn't get it mended, so I had a computer that crashed from overheating every hour/hour and a half and then needed to cool down afterwards when I had about three or four essays to do
              Hopefully it will last until then.
              Sounds very bad! My laptop before last died at the end of my fourth year, but thankfully after all the work was done that I needed it for. I've mostly been lucky with crashes due to paranoia about losing files, having lost 40 pages of a story I was writing back in school. Though making backups has become so much more hassle since computers stopped having floppy drives...

Comment

Hey Thunkers! *waves*

My first episode of Jonas SG-1 is next up on my Netflix queue! I'm sooo excited!

I have to get ready to go to a dinner at hubby's work. Wish I didn't have to attend.

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

Fly by T-shirt post

Comment

Hi IHS and smurf!

Comment

Hey there!

Addy, do we belong to Netflix?

Nope.

Comment

Howdy IHS and Smurf!

Sexy lean pics are always welcome
                        You'll have to post with what you think about the eps, IHS. It would be nice to discuss. And of course post the relevant episode caps all over again...
                        sigpic

Comment

I *so* owe Anya for this one

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic