• Show
Clear All

And congrats on 200 posts, Anuna!

Poor Addy. I didn't know it had got that uncomfortable
    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      I'm back from the GW get together. A lot of people are going to dislike that ep, because quiet, solidly-written team eps with a touch of controversy are ever considered as good as lots of huge explosions, destruction of unnumerable enemies or weddings. Urgh.
      Oh, I don't know. When I popped by the episode thread earlier the consensus seemed to be; the best episode EVER!!!
      But I've noticed they say that every week.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
        Oh, I don't know. When I popped by the episode thread earlier the consensus seemed to be; the best episode EVER!!!
        But I've noticed they say that every week.
        And then the dissenters come along to be contrary and the whole mood changes...such is the way of fandom (rolls eyes).

You know I'm a fair judge and look for a lot in an ep-I don't just want to satisfy tiny, selfish little desires on my part. But its one of the best eps of the last few years. Not the best, but then again I don't really have an out and out favourite. Bits of it also looked like Ridley Scott's camerawork for 'Alien'- the corridor pans, etc in silence- which as a huge 'Alien' and Scott fan I was very happy to see. Overall, it was well-written and very well-directed- cinematic yet subtle. I'm reasonably happy
        sigpic

Comment

And then the dissenters come along to be contrary and the whole mood changes...such is the way of fandom (rolls eyes).
          Only in that a fair amount of energy is spent telling those dissenters to go away. *shrugs* I've found the ep threads are not that mixed a discussion area.

You know I'm a fair judge and look for a lot in an ep-I don't just want to satisfy tiny, selfish little desires on my part. But its one of the best eps of the last few years. Not the best, but then again I don't really have an out and out favourite. Bits of it also looked like Ridley Scott's camerawork for 'Alien'- the corridor pans, etc in silence- which as a huge 'Alien' and Scott fan I was very happy to see. Overall, it was well-written and very well-directed- cinematic yet subtle. I'm reasonably happy
          I might try to catch it on repeat later this week. I not too bothered if I miss it. Which is sad because I use to watch it every week.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
            Only in that a fair amount of energy is spent telling those dissenters to go away. *shrugs* I've found the ep threads are not that mixed a discussion area.

I might try to catch it on repeat later this week. I not too bothered if I miss it. Which is sad because I use to watch it every week.
            It happens, unfortunately. Tastes change, things don't just work for you, the mood around a show can alter. It is sad, but you're had enjoyment and if the last three or four seasons weren't enjoyable for you- then it wasn't entirely wasted...I think

Spoiler:
            'Unending' is worth seeing for Teal'c and Sam being fab. The former gets one of the best special effects shots they have ever done. And Landry's hobbie that gets out of hand...
            sigpic

Comment

It happens, unfortunately. Tastes change, things don't just work for you, the mood around a show can alter. It is sad, but you're had enjoyment and if the last three or four seasons weren't enjoyable for you- then it wasn't entirely wasted...I think

Spoiler:
              'Unending' is worth seeing for Teal'c and Sam being fab. The former gets one of the best special effects shots they have ever done. And Landry's hobbie that gets out of hand...
              Too bad it wasn't my taste that changed, but the writers'. *shrug*
              I had been, for all my jokey snark, looking forward to S9. S8, IMO, was poor, but I allowed for it because they were writing around constraints. What I saw in S9 was more of the same, and a little worse, but without the constraints. I hear S10 was better, but I couldn't get back in to it.

Sam and Teal'c are always fab when they're given somthing to do.
              Which brings us to a nightwalkers pic.

Comment

I'm back from the GW get together. A lot of people are going to dislike that ep, because quiet, solidly-written team eps with a touch of controversy are ever considered as good as lots of huge explosions, destruction of unnumerable enemies or weddings. Urgh.
                I don't know after reading all the spoilers and synopses I think I might actually like the episode.

There's just one thing about it that buggers me to no end.

Spoiler:
                That Jack wasn't mentioned at all. Oh come on. He was the star of the show at least for the first four years (after that it got more of a team feel).

He is supposed to be a very dear friend to three of the team members. They end up stuck in a dilation field for 50 years and none of them mentions his name once. I don't buy it. It feels wrong on oh so many levels.

But then again I might be biased. Jack's my favourite. And I was watching Tangent yesterday to boot. You know there's that great emotional scene between Jack and Tealc in the death glider just towards the end. The whole "We are like brothers, O'Neill." deal.

And after that it's just hard to believe TPTB comletely disregarded the bonds between the original team members in what is supposed to be the last episode of SG-1 ever.

Sorry for the OT rambling. Here's a pic to make up for it.

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                  I don't know after reading all the spoilers and synopses I think I might actually like the episode.

There's just one thing about it that buggers me to no end.

Spoiler:
                  That Jack wasn't mentioned at all. Oh come on. He was the star of the show at least for the first four years (after that it got more of a team feel).

He is supposed to be a very dear friend to three of the team members. They end up stuck in a dilation field for 50 years and none of them mentions his name once. I don't buy it. It feels wrong on oh so many levels.

But then again I might be biased. Jack's my favourite. And I was watching Tangent yesterday to boot. You know there's that great emotional scene between Jack and Tealc in the death glider just towards the end. The whole "We are like brothers, O'Neill." deal.

And after that it's just hard to believe TPTB comletely disregarded the bonds between the original team members in what is supposed to be the last episode of SG-1 ever.

Sorry for the OT rambling. Here's a pic to make up for it.

Pic appreciated

I liked it. And when you'll see how they're done it, you might think that what you wanted (which is a fair point) might have been difficult to work in, and seem at odds with the way the team has to become absorbed in each other. Possibly And in this case the mantra of the the more optimistic fans Jonas might be in order- "Maybe in the movies..."
                  sigpic

Comment

morning all
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Afternoon
                      sigpic

Comment

hows it going
                        sigpic

Comment

Should be doing the essay(s).
                          Isn't happening.
                          I am here.

I'm starting to consider the possibility that the two might be connected...
                          sigpic

Comment

essays i hated them in school
                            sigpic

Comment

I like them. I despise exams. I like taking time and crafting them and being informative...
                              Only I have no time. Whatsoever
                              sigpic

Comment

i never really liked english classes loved math and science so i really didnt like essays
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X