No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pretty is all over certain areas and it's not a problem, it just sounds childish. We Jonas gals have enough trouble at times without adding ammunition for those who would taunt us. There must be some better word or phrase that eludes us at the moment.

*sitting down and shutting up before things get thrown*

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      You know what, Firefly...I would never, ever has guessed that you might have a fondness for it
      Is that sarcasm I detect?

Oh, THAT's where I get 'pretty' from! I knew I'd got it from somewhere.

Firefly, "Shindig"
      Kaylee: Ooh, look at all the pretties!

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
        Ooh, great avatar anya!
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
          The pretty is all over certain areas and it's not a problem, it just sounds childish. We Jonas gals have enough trouble at times without adding ammunition for those who would taunt us. There must be some better word or phrase that eludes us at the moment.

*sitting down and shutting up before things get thrown*
          Why would I throw things? That would be mean and completely unnecessary We're in such a nice, reasonable corner of GW that sometimes its difficult to remember that some people can be like that. We could just mix up the adjectives- there are some very pleasant sounding words with positive meanings. Dig out a thesaurus

Off-camera images:

And I've only just noticed your avatar, Anya. Nice one
          'Pretty' and 'shiny' were part of my daily vocab before I even started watching 'Firefly'. Scary, non? I am queen of random words. I'm tempted to swap 'pretty' over for a word like 'jam', just to be completely random and strange (I blame the last episode of series 3 of 'Coupling' for my association of jam with naughty things ), although that still breaks the no-babyishness rule...
          sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Whew!

Sorry, forgot I was among the reasonables.

Comment

Ideas...love that thesaurus.

dreamboat
              stunner
              whistle bait

Those are the top three I like...and the last one makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                Whew!

Sorry, forgot I was among the reasonables.
                My dear, you are as reasonable a thunker with devoted beautiful clones and a perchant for elbows that I have ever met. Sensible, the very height of docorum and decency and lots of other words that perhaps begin with 'd', or maybe don't...

As opposed to other kinds of bait, I take it? Also- 'lovely', 'charming', 'adorable' are my favourite more innocent words
                sigpic

Comment

Seems we got someone's attention. The thread has gone from 5 stars back down to 4 all of a sudden. *shrugs*

Comment

Strange. *Peeks at users bar*. Not much going on in that respect. Oddness.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                      My dear, you are as reasonable a thunker with devoted beautiful clones and a perchant for elbows that I have ever met. Sensible, the very height of docorum and decency and lots of other words that perhaps begin with 'd', or maybe don't...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...texAQOcap4.jpg

As opposed to other kinds of bait, I take it? Also- 'lovely', 'charming', 'adorable' are my favourite more innocent words

AQOJoC: Dipsy starts with D.
                      AQOEDSam: Jonas, I think you should stay out of this discussion.
                      Teal'c: Indeed.

Comment

'Distractions', maybe? Certainly is...
                        Also off the top of my head:
                        Deviant
                        Delicious
                        Debonair
                        Delightful
                        Dashing
                        Devilish
                        Demanding
                        Decadent

...and I'm stopping. Right now. Slap me on the wrist if I try again. Not a good subject for the human dictionary that is moi

sigpic

Comment

Hang on a minute, how do you rate threads? I didn't know you could do that.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Five stars from me

Comment

Its on the menu near the top. Thread rating- click on the little arrow, do as you wish
                            sigpic

Comment

I just voted. Can't have a five star thread ( and Jonas/CN ) going downhill.

Comment

I like distractions...good one, res.

Comment

Working...
                                X