No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random Jonas liker here i love the episode where he had the powers that was my fav

watched it a bunch of times
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Thank you smurf for that bit of news.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post

Buc...don't forget our date. I'll pick you up at 7.

I was ready, and you'll be happy to know, he was right on time. I just love a prompt guy! <g>

Originally posted by Anyagate1 View Post
        Goodnight everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Jonas is heading out to make his deliveries.

The PG rating of this thread forbids me from remarking on just what kind of delivery Jonas made to me tonight. Let's just say, I'm happy.

And a happy, happy valentine's day to all of you!!!
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
          Fly-by thunk.

Congrats on 5,500 posts Lissa!

Thanks for the link. I wonder if it was friends from his hip-hop moment many moons ago.
          'Moment'?!

Also tad scary

sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
            I was ready, and you'll be happy to know, he was right on time. I just love a prompt guy! <g>

The PG rating of this thread forbids me from remarking on just what kind of delivery Jonas made to me tonight. Let's just say, I'm happy.

And a happy, happy valentine's day to all of you!!!
            Particularly in reference to the comment before that
            Not the paddle!

Ooh, all by myself in here on a weekday. 'Tis a new experience.
            sigpic

Comment

hey guys
              how yall doin?
              sigpic

Comment

Howdy

I'm OK. Procrastinating, as per usual

Jonas pretty for you:

Unless you happen to be one of those people who hates the 'Fallout' hair...
                sigpic

Comment

he has no bad hair!
                  spikey or not its all good!lol
                  im supposed to be researching for a paper...
                  not goin so well...
                  sigpic

Comment

That's what I've always said
                    Ditto. Reading and writing for...five essays, one of which counts for a whole half unit in itself. Eek. And another one, which is not assessed but I really actually need to do...

Oh, the horror...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                      That's what I've always said
                      Ditto. Reading and writing for...five essays, one of which counts for a whole half unit in itself. Eek. And another one, which is not assessed but I really actually need to do...

Oh, the horror...
                      poor you!
                      what are they on?
                      mine are on the rainfall in galway over the last 10 years which is a full 10 credits subject and
                      one on
                      the convergant evolution of sabre-tooth cats around the world.

eeeek!
                      sigpic

Comment

OK...in spoilers for size issues.

Spoiler:
                        "Law in Aeschylus' Oresteia [its a trilogy of plays]- A Celebration or a Critique?" (That's the biggie)

"Discuss Sophocles’ use of portents and prophecies.
                        Why are they so prominent in his plays?"

"Discuss the significance of the city as a setting for Latin love poetry."

"Describe and explain the transmission of Egyptian cults, cultural ideas and monuments across the Roman Empire."

The other one is about what impression Cicero gives about his relationships with his relatives and friends in his letters (and kinda why he gives that impression).

And one of these options...which is only meant to be practice, but yet is the most difficult. Feel the fear-
                        1. How do the themes of physical satisfaction and appetite operate in Seneca’s Thyestes?
                        2. Discuss the metatheatrical dimension of Seneca’s Thyestes.
                        3. How great an importance is accorded to emotion in Cicero’s conception of a good rhetorical performance?
                        4. In what ways did the status of actors differ in Greek and Roman society and why?
                        5. Questions on Lucian and pantomime (to follow)
                        6. “Cut throat competition and zero-sum games played against each other”: is this a good insight into the atmosphere of sophistic performances in the period of the Roman Empire?
                        7. “Plutarch’s books of Table Talk … create a simulated symposium for the reader, and especially for the dedicatee, Sosius Senecio” (Stadter, 1999). What is the role of memory in Plutarch’s Table Talk /(Discussions over Drinks)?
                        8. What aspects of the original Oresteia did Tony Harrison rework in his 1981/2 translation, and what aspects did he strive to preserve? What aspects of the production made it so popular amongst the 20th century theatre-going public? (As far as possible use contemporary reviews, posters, programme notes, in answering this question; see also Taplin in Agamemnon in Performance 2005).
                        9. Write a review of the KCL and/or UCL Greek plays.
                        10. Discuss and evaluate Brecht’s view (a) that the Greek (“Aristotelian”) dramatic tradition was based on a relation of empathy between actors and audience and (b) that in such a dramatic tradition emotionality acts as a barrier to thought and critical understanding.

Welcome to my world

sigpic

Comment

OK...in spoilers for size issues.

Spoiler:
                          "Law in Aeschylus' Oresteia [its a trilogy of plays]- A Celebration or a Critique?" (That's the biggie)

"Discuss Sophocles’ use of portents and prophecies.
                          Why are they so prominent in his plays?"

"Discuss the significance of the city as a setting for Latin love poetry."

"Describe and explain the transmission of Egyptian cults, cultural ideas and monuments across the Roman Empire."

The other one is about what impression Cicero gives about his relationships with his relatives and friends in his letters (and kinda why he gives that impression).

And one of these options...which is only meant to be practice, but yet is the most difficult. Feel the fear-
                          1. How do the themes of physical satisfaction and appetite operate in Seneca’s Thyestes?
                          2. Discuss the metatheatrical dimension of Seneca’s Thyestes.
                          3. How great an importance is accorded to emotion in Cicero’s conception of a good rhetorical performance?
                          4. In what ways did the status of actors differ in Greek and Roman society and why?
                          5. Questions on Lucian and pantomime (to follow)
                          6. “Cut throat competition and zero-sum games played against each other”: is this a good insight into the atmosphere of sophistic performances in the period of the Roman Empire?
                          7. “Plutarch’s books of Table Talk … create a simulated symposium for the reader, and especially for the dedicatee, Sosius Senecio” (Stadter, 1999). What is the role of memory in Plutarch’s Table Talk /(Discussions over Drinks)?
                          8. What aspects of the original Oresteia did Tony Harrison rework in his 1981/2 translation, and what aspects did he strive to preserve? What aspects of the production made it so popular amongst the 20th century theatre-going public? (As far as possible use contemporary reviews, posters, programme notes, in answering this question; see also Taplin in Agamemnon in Performance 2005).
                          9. Write a review of the KCL and/or UCL Greek plays.
                          10. Discuss and evaluate Brecht’s view (a) that the Greek (“Aristotelian”) dramatic tradition was based on a relation of empathy between actors and audience and (b) that in such a dramatic tradition emotionality acts as a barrier to thought and critical understanding.

Welcome to my world
                          poor you!!!
                          i not so bad feeling now...
                          only got two to do!
                          you need jonas more than me then!!!
                          lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, but your ones look like the evil kind- too much information, too little time and space in which to do the subject justice. Then again, most of mine are like that as well...

sigpic

Comment

Yep, but your ones look like the evil kind- too much information, too little time and space in which to do the subject justice. Then again, most of mine are like that as well...
                              gotta admit i dont even know what most of your titles mean!!!
                              lol
                              what are ya studying?
                              sigpic

Comment

Ancient World Studies.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X