• Show
Clear All

lunch bump...

Comment

Comment

Bump...

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
          I hate that episode too. It is my least favorite SG1 episode. I don't think it was a believable episode as far as the characters go. I really don't think that Sam or Teal'c were stupid enough to allow a replicator access to their computers and plans to the only weapon they had to fend off the replicators. I do think Jonas would have been suspicious but I also think that Sam and Teal'c would have been suspicious too. I can never believe that anyone at the SGC would have let the whole situation happen. They should have killed her on sight.
          I can see Sam being convinced because she wants to believe that her other self is good... She does seem to be startlingly naive at times. I think the problem with Teal'c is that he is too inclined to follow the judgement of whoever is in command. I agree that they should have killed her, she was obviously too dangerous to them and letting her exist in the galaxy seemed to be a far to great a threat.

Perhaps them being sent was a weakness of Jack's newness in command, that he did not did not consider the consequences and strengths\weaknesses of the team that he is sending. Admiral, I agree that it would have been interesting to see it followed up, however like many things it seems to be forgotten before the next episode. The continuity or rather the lack of it seems to be getting more and more of a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn Calaelen
            I can see Sam being convinced because she wants to believe that her other self is good... She does seem to be startlingly naive at times. I think the problem with Teal'c is that he is too inclined to follow the judgement of whoever is in command. I agree that they should have killed her, she was obviously too dangerous to them and letting her exist in the galaxy seemed to be a far to great a threat.

Perhaps them being sent was a weakness of Jack's newness in command, that he did not did not consider the consequences and strengths\weaknesses of the team that he is sending. Admiral, I agree that it would have been interesting to see it followed up, however like many things it seems to be forgotten before the next episode. The continuity or rather the lack of it seems to be getting more and more of a problem!
            Yeah, I have that problem myself when writing long fanfic. That's what a beta is for. Like right now, I have a Cam fic going and it's on chapter 9. I have a policy of rereading the entire story every four chapters just to be sure I'm not forgetting anything from before. At a chapter a week, it's easy to have the brain cells falter. Sometimes, I think that TV shows are prone to continuity issues because they have mulitple writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
              Yeah, I have that problem myself when writing long fanfic. That's what a beta is for. Like right now, I have a Cam fic going and it's on chapter 9. I have a policy of rereading the entire story every four chapters just to be sure I'm not forgetting anything from before. At a chapter a week, it's easy to have the brain cells falter. Sometimes, I think that TV shows are prone to continuity issues because they have mulitple writers.
              Me too, which is why I always seem to spend a long time rewriting earlier chapters of stories as I come to develop the characters more and to keep notes on what I have done with the characters. Certainly with fanfic beta readers and other readers can point out mistakes, but I would have thought that with a tv show they would have people checking such things before they passed the scripts. I could be wrong about this because tv seldom seems to conform to high standards... but Stargate is usually good at it...

Have you got fic posted? If so where? I'd like to read it (depending on what it is and whether it has spoilers for thigns that I have yet to see. ).

Comment

Good afternoon, everyone.

sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Me too, which is why I always seem to spend a long time rewriting earlier chapters of stories as I come to develop the characters more and to keep notes on what I have done with the characters. Certainly with fanfic beta readers and other readers can point out mistakes, but I would have thought that with a tv show they would have people checking such things before they passed the scripts. I could be wrong about this because tv seldom seems to conform to high standards... but Stargate is usually good at it...

Have you got fic posted? If so where? I'd like to read it (depending on what it is and whether it has spoilers for thigns that I have yet to see. ).

Yes, you would think they would pay attention, but don't get me started. Watch Foothold and Smoke and Mirrors back to back and you'll see inconsistencies gallore. Although I didn't notice until I had actually watched the two eps within a short period of time.

As to fanfic...oy...don't shoot me. I write a lot of slash and a lot of adult material. I have an author's page at Abydos Gate, but read at your own discretion.

General Disclaimer: If it says Adult Exp and you aren't old enough - DON'T READ IT.

http://stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/viewuser.php?uid=100

The tamest stuff up would be the Jack/Angela and Cam/Julie stories. And Retribution, a Jonas/Female was very tame, more a team fic.

Any questions or feedback, please feel free to drop a PM my way.

Comment

See you all tomorrow. Happy writing!

Comment

Bye, Anya. Have a good evening. Do you want to take a clone with you?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                        Yes, you would think they would pay attention, but don't get me started. Watch Foothold and Smoke and Mirrors back to back and you'll see inconsistencies gallore. Although I didn't notice until I had actually watched the two eps within a short period of time.

As to fanfic...oy...don't shoot me. I write a lot of slash and a lot of adult material. I have an author's page at Abydos Gate, but read at your own discretion.

General Disclaimer: If it says Adult Exp and you aren't old enough - DON'T READ IT.

http://stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/viewuser.php?uid=100

The tamest stuff up would be the Jack/Angela and Cam/Julie stories. And Retribution, a Jonas/Female was very tame, more a team fic.

Any questions or feedback, please feel free to drop a PM my way.
                        I haven't watched those two episodes together, but I think I recall wondering about some of the features... I've noticed odds and ends at various points, but most of them were not too bad except for the time that they reverse enginered a zpm!

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look. I do always read warnings on stories. However, I have been around fanfic communities long enough now that I am not too easily scared off things (so long as the writing is good).

Comment

I haven't watched those two episodes together, but I think I recall wondering about some of the features... I've noticed odds and ends at various points, but most of them were not too bad except for the time that they reverse enginered a zpm!

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look. I do always read warnings on stories. However, I have been around fanfic communities long enough now that I am not too easily scared off things (so long as the writing is good).
                          Everyone has their sensitivities so I just want to be up front about the stories.

Major Trouble is a Paul/Sam fic with a bit of Jack/Sam and Jack/Daniel thrown in. It doesn't contain any really major spoilers since it's not centered around an ep. You might find it entertaining even without Jonas in it. It's set in Season 7 and Jonas is only mentioned a tiny bit toward the beginning.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X