Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't that Langoria was destroyed, it was one of the planets that has now fallen to the Ori. All that was mentioned was that they haven't heard from their allies on Langoria and another planet. They did not come out right and say anything about killing Jonas, etc, it was the lack of mentioning Jonas name that leads one to speculate there are issues with Corin and TPTB. After all he was a major Team member for a year, you would have thought that Daniel would have at least asked if they had heard from Jonas or Sam would have said Jonas's name.

Naturally the way the writers wrote the scene leaves fans imaginations to only wonder.....

Sorry, I don't have the transcripts.
    Believe me, I know what you mean about issues with "them". Corin has had nothing but nice things to say about the whole thing, which amazes me and I give him a TON of credit. The way they've treated him, he had every right to blast them into next year, but he didn't. What a classy guy!

There really was and is no reason why Jonas shouldn't be on SG1, but for some reason, "they" keep pushing him aside. There should be no Mitchell right now - it should be Jonas.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      Believe me, I know what you mean about issues with "them". Corin has had nothing but nice things to say about the whole thing, which amazes me and I give him a TON of credit. The way they've treated him, he had every right to blast them into next year, but he didn't. What a classy guy!

There really was and is no reason why Jonas shouldn't be on SG1, but for some reason, "they" keep pushing him aside. There should be no Mitchell right now - it should be Jonas.
      Agreed, it should be Jonas and not Mitchell, but hey that would mean that Sam a woman would be in charge of SG1. Can't have that! Heaven forbid a woman leads the flagship team of earth! But they will have one that goes out and destroys the universe... (sorry to rant)

Unless Jonas isn't on the Joint Council anymore, then it is most likely that he's either gone Orii or was among the first to be executed. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him the example since he is the representative from the country that houses the Stargate, and that he likely has Alterian genes...

Though it is my hope that after her term in office, Dreylock took Jonas's position on the Joint Council and he went back to working in the University. This way he could have gone underground. Or if he was still on the Joint Council he could have escaped to one of the other planets he knows of that isn't populated, like the one in Paradise Lost or Forsaken. Jonas is smart enough to know that if he stayed he would likely have been caught right away. But the smart thing to do is to retreat and come back with greater numbers. Hopefully he's trying to figure out a way of getting in contact with Earth, but at the same time he might be afraid that they've either been destroyed or gone Orii.

Then there is also the thought, who informed Earth that Langara went Ori. Jonas is their contact to that world. Perhaps he's already at the SGC working in the background. I haven't seen the Counterstrike episode yet, but if Sam didn't seem overly upset when she was talking about it then maybe he really is okay.

We can only hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
        Agreed, it should be Jonas and not Mitchell, but hey that would mean that Sam a woman would be in charge of SG1. Can't have that! Heaven forbid a woman leads the flagship team of earth! But they will have one that goes out and destroys the universe... (sorry to rant)

Unless Jonas isn't on the Joint Council anymore, then it is most likely that he's either gone Orii or was among the first to be executed. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him the example since he is the representative from the country that houses the Stargate, and that he likely has Alterian genes...

Though it is my hope that after her term in office, Dreylock took Jonas's position on the Joint Council and he went back to working in the University. This way he could have gone underground. Or if he was still on the Joint Council he could have escaped to one of the other planets he knows of that isn't populated, like the one in Paradise Lost or Forsaken. Jonas is smart enough to know that if he stayed he would likely have been caught right away. But the smart thing to do is to retreat and come back with greater numbers. Hopefully he's trying to figure out a way of getting in contact with Earth, but at the same time he might be afraid that they've either been destroyed or gone Orii.

Then there is also the thought, who informed Earth that Langara went Ori. Jonas is their contact to that world. Perhaps he's already at the SGC working in the background. I haven't seen the Counterstrike episode yet, but if Sam didn't seem overly upset when she was talking about it then maybe he really is okay.

We can only hope!
        I may be confused, but it seems like Jonas wasn't on the Joint Ruling Council during Fallout - he was working on this other program with the giant drill. That being the case, it could be that Drylock has already taken his place on the Council. At least that is my hope.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

The way I look at it, Kelowna's rulers never really liked Jonas, anyway. Ever since Meridian when he "betrayed" them he's been nothing but a nuisance. They made the appropriate gestures when he returned, but that was for purely political reasons and I think they worked hard and fast to sideline him as much as they could. They've never wanted to listen to him and it seems obvious they weren't listening to him when the Ori came.

The question becomes, how far did Jonas get shoved aside? Far enough for him to be offworld? Or only far enough so they could offer him up as a sacrifice?

Comment

It's Langara. I reckon it's human sacrifice here we come...
            It would have been great if in The Shroud
            Spoiler:
            it was Jonas and not Daniel. Just for the angst value... that's if the other characters still care about him of course.

Mind you, I thought a great opportunity to bring back Corin/Jonas for an ep was Prototype, but that would required looking at the past (eg. Anubis downloading Jonas' brain and being interested in his physiology). So, what do I know...

Comment

I know, but he's from the country of Kelowna and he works for their government.

Comment

Sure, but he is part of the joint ruling council - assuming he still is because we haven't been told otherwise . And if there's anything that will pull those three countries together (post-Fallout) it'll be using whatever they can to save their own skin.

ETA: Sorry, I wasn't correcting you earlier. More of a it's Langara, of course they'd have sent him as a human sacrifice.
                Last edited by smurf; 27 August 2006, 06:47 PM.

Comment

The Langarans have always chosen the easy way out. I doubt this time would be any different. Jonas could argue until he was blue in the face but I'm sure in the end the Council would decide to welcome the Ori with open arms.

Comment

Poor Jonas it seems like no one really wants him around ... accept for us!

But seriously, I hate how they leave it up to our imaginations to try to figure out what happened. Its times like these that I wish they still had that question and answer thing. But knowing them they would have skated around the question anyway...

Comment

Oh, I know EXACLY what we were supposed to infer: think one-fingered salute. As far as TPTB are concerned
                      Spoiler:
                      Jonas is dead and now they're hoping we'll STFU about him coming back.

Fandom, however, is a bit more stubborn than that. I know I sure as hell refuse to accept what TPTB are telling us. Just because it's their show doesn't mean they're always right.

Comment

I loved how Jonas was always so easy going and excited about his new adventure.
                        We Are Hathor!
                        Bow Before Your Goddess!

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor! Your Goddess!
                          I loved how Jonas was always so easy going and excited about his new adventure.
                          I know, he was such a great character!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Sounds like Sam, Daniel and Teal'c have been hanging around TPTB too long- they've forgotten Jonas's name, too.

Morning/Afternoon all!

Spoiler:
                            That was probably what me off most was that they couldn't even say his name. They just said Langara. No mention of how Jonas was doing. Jonas was more than just part of some allied goverment from another planet. He was a member of SG1 and their friend. But they treated like he was never even on earth. It made me so mad I am not even sure I am going to watch the rest of the season. It was such a bunch of BS.

Last edited by Anyagate1; 28 August 2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Oh, I know EXACLY what we were supposed to infer: think one-fingered salute. As far as TPTB are concerned
                              Spoiler:
                              Jonas is dead and now they're hoping we'll STFU about him coming back.

Fandom, however, is a bit more stubborn than that. I know I sure as hell refuse to accept what TPTB are telling us. Just because it's their show doesn't mean they're always right.

I say we give a one-finger salute to TPTB.

Comment

Jonas is feeling very sad today.

Comment

Working...
                                X