Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
    Cute, Anya!

BTW...for those who know purpletoo1, today is her birthday. She frequents the Mitchell, Lorne and Dex threads.

Back on topic...

*shrugs* I couldn't resist.
    Yes, I know who she is. I will have to stop by and give her some birthday green. Thanks!

Comment

Bump...

Comment

Quiet today isn't it?

Few more thoughts on Unnatural Selection:
        I'm going to end up with a load of Jack caps for this.
        Jonas' sulky isn't very sulky.
        Between this ep and Prometheus leaves me wondering just how involved Jonas was in building the X-303.
        Is it disturbing that there are a large number of actors who probably know far to much about using rather nasty pieces of kit? eg. CN knowing for Stargate a pistol, P-90, and C-4, as well as whatever he learned for SS Doomtrooper, Operation Dumbo Drop, and Goodbye America.
        Also, Jonas seems overly military - too comfortable. I wonder if this is a side effect of CN having acted in these military films. (They were sent to a boot camp for Dumbo Drop. That must have been fun. )

Edit: And why make a replicator with grey hair?
        Last edited by smurf; 31 July 2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
          Quiet today isn't it?

Few more thoughts on Unnatural Selection:
          I'm going to end up with a load of Jack caps for this.
          Jonas' sulky isn't very sulky.
          Between this ep and Prometheus leaves me wondering just how involved Jonas was in building the X-303.
          Is it disturbing that there are a large number of actors who probably know far to much about using rather nasty pieces of kit? eg. CN knowing for Stargate a pistol, P-90, and C-4, as well as whatever he learned for SS Doomtrooper, Operation Dumbo Drop, and Goodbye America.
          Also, Jonas seems overly military - too comfortable. I wonder if this is a side effect of CN having acted in these military films. (They were sent to a boot camp for Dumbo Drop. That must have been fun. )

Edit: And why make a replicator with grey hair?
          It is quiet in here. Ah, well.

I did not know they went to boot camp for Dumbo Drop. Yuck! That's dedication to your career.

Why there is a grey haired replicator is a good question. *shurgs*

Comment

Gray haired replicator...hmm...here's a thought....wasn't the gray one Number One? And the first human they ever saw was Jack, who had graying hair even then.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
              It is quiet in here. Ah, well.

I did not know they went to boot camp for Dumbo Drop. Yuck! That's dedication to your career.

Why there is a grey haired replicator is a good question. *shurgs*

Apparently somehow Dennis Leary managed to get out of doing it. Which just suits his character in the film perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                Gray haired replicator...hmm...here's a thought....wasn't the gray one Number One? And the first human they ever saw was Jack, who had graying hair even then.

Hmmm, that is a pretty good explaination.

Comment

Shocking that I've only just realised, since I've seen this episode numerous times, that blowing up the hyperdrive will kill SG-1. And they all know this, and are prepared to carry it through. Jonas is only arguing against doing it because, logically, it won't work.
                  It never occurred to me that they are planning on committing suicide to save the galaxy/universe.

Thought on the grey hair. I wonder if First is the spitting image of Reese's "father".

Comment

That's a good possibility, smurf!

Comment

OT - trying Propel flavored water for the first time today. It's not bad.

Comment

That water is pretty good.

Goodnight all. See ya tomorrow. Happy thunking.

Comment

See ya, Anya!

I'll try and thunk tomorrow and not watch Stargate eps.

Comment

Good night, Anya!

Comment

Unnatural Selection is a great episode.

Last thoughts before I push off:
                              Shame they never made more of Fifth going bad (2 eps?).
                              Black looks good on everyone.
                              CN is actually very blonde.
                              Although Teal'c didn't have much to do, at least he got to push the (little) red launch button.
                              The ending is fantastic for character beats. So much space for acting.
                              Also, good use of salutation to denote the characters' underlying thinking. The use of Major by Jack rather than Carter to make sure she knows it's an absolute order, and Sir instead of Colonel by Jonas making it respectful but distant.

Love this episode. I'm going to have to watch it once again without capping.
                              Or twice; 1 for the ep, and 1 for that corridor sequence with Jack and Jonas.

Comment

Okay, one last thunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X