Daniel Jackson/Sha're Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LMichelle
    1. Which Daniel and Sha're do you like better? The Movie or the TV show? Why?
    *Sigh*

Now, this is a question I find particularily difficult!

My first answer would be: "BOTH!!!" , but I have to choose one couple, right?

Considering that I first saw the TV show version on the couple, and I've seen them more evr since, the faces of MS and VB come into my mind whenever I read or write fanfiction. So you could say I like them better.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the way the two characters were played in the movie! I mean, you could actually see the "process" of falling in love for both of them... *sigh* And the scenes they had to play were really sweet as well... *sigh,sigh,sigh*

But in the end I think I'll choose the TV version of the couple...

Comment

I really liked Daniel from the earlier seasons ..specially with Sharee They were really good to each other .

For me , it will always be Daniel and Sharee I kinkd of liked Daniel /Sarah (Osiris) too ..but that's all for me

Caty

Comment

2. What was their life like on Abydos during that year?
        Like this!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2642960/1/

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Jassmine de Blanc
          I certainly did! That is absolutely fantastic writing!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Thank you CeeKay!

Comment

3. If Sha're hadn't been taken by Apophis would Daniel have left Abydos?
              Yes.

You see, in my opinion, no matter how much he loved Sha're (who is his one true love!!!), his love for knowledge was even greater. But, as I tried to show in my story (again, thank you CeeKay for your kind words! ) loving Sha're and loving to find out more are not oposite, on the contrary.

I think Sha're's bigger quality, and what made their marriage work so well, was her ability to understand him, to see that Daniel's thirst for knowledge is part of who he is. I think she loved him for that. And she could understand that it was imposible to estrange her husband from his work. She wouldn't want that. I think Sha're understood the importance of 'the meaning of life stuff' for Daniel and she would have encouradge him to fulfil his dreams.

So if she hadn't been taken, I think Daniel would still have left Abydos, but not forced by Jack, but convinced by Sha're. I think they would have gone to Earth together and, although it would have been difficult for her, Sha're would have done her best to get used to life here, just to be with her husband...

In fact there's a fabulous AU fanfiction out there, it's called "The Power of a Kiss" by L.E McMurray, have you read it?

Comment

In fact there's a fabulous AU fanfiction out there, it's called "The Power of a Kiss" by L.E McMurray, have you read it?
                I don't think I've read it... I'll have to find it when I have the time.

Comment

Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1746337/1/

Definitely read it, you don't know what you loose!

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...15#post4707415

Sha're fans...come contribute to the top 25 women of stargate poll. See where people have ranked SHa're. You won't like it. Come contribute your ideas.
                    Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      I really liked Daniel from the earlier seasons ..specially with Sharee They were really good to each other .

For me , it will always be Daniel and Sharee I kinkd of liked Daniel /Sarah (Osiris) too ..but that's all for me

Caty
                      Count me as a Daniel/Sha´re shipper too. It´s maybe the only ship in the show I truly enjoyed.
                      I would love to see an another universe episode in which Sha´re is still alive.
                      I don´t think that VB would return too the show but maybe could the actress who played Sha´re in the movie return to the role.
                      I know the chances for that are very low.
                      But I hope that there will be no Daniel/Vala ship next season. I know that many people will hate me for saying that, but I don´t like Vala. Her endless picking at Daniel was maybe for one or two episodes funny but the thought of watching the same for 20 episodes makes me sad. Maybe I have just no sense of humor but, I must always think how I would feel if a male co-worker would again and again tread me this way before my friends and my other co-workers. And I´m sure I would see nothing funny or sexy in it.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixblue7500
                        But I hope that there will be no Daniel/Vala ship next season. I know that many people will hate me for saying that, but I don´t like Vala. Her endless picking at Daniel was maybe for one or two episodes funny but the thought of watching the same for 20 episodes makes me sad. Maybe I have just no sense of humor but, I must always think how I would feel if a male co-worker would again and again tread me this way before my friends and my other co-workers. And I´m sure I would see nothing funny or sexy in it.
                        I like Vala, but I don't want to see any ship, either. If I were in Daniel's position, I'd hate her, so I think having them fall in love would be... contrived. IMHO, of course.

Comment

Well, I can't say anything about Vala as I haven't seen her yet, but in no case would I like her to be with Daniel!!!

I like to think that, even after all those years, Daniel still loves Sha're. For me, it's OTP!

No, definitely no Daniel/Vala for me!

Comment

Oh, and one more question about Daniel's other love interests... I read the transcription for "Chimera", but what happens with Sarah after that? Is she mentioned in the series afterwards?

Sorry for asking for spoilers, but I need to know!

Comment

Oh, and one more question about Daniel's other love interests... I read the transcription for "Chimera", but what happens with Sarah after that? Is she mentioned in the series afterwards?
                              Spoiler:
                              Not to my knowledge. I haven't seen nor heard about her since.

Comment

Sorry for asking for spoilers, but I need to know!
                                As much I know Sarah was never mentioned after "Chimera" but at least she is still alive, so who knows maybe we see her someday again (even when the chances for that are not so good).
                                She is a archeologist, too so I could imagine an episode where she makes a very dangerous discovery and SG 1 must step in and save her (and earth) from that what she found. That would give Daniel a chance to be for some time an archeologist again (something I miss in the newer episodes very much).

Comment

Working...
                                X