Daniel Jackson/Sha're Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roswellgray
    I must admit, this is probably the only ship I don't despise; probably because it was so well done in the movie - that actress and actor from the movie played it so charmingly. It nicely complemented the science fiction and was MUCH better done that the Sam/Jack Sam/Pete Sam/Every-alien-marked-for-death

*sigh* where are all the traditional women nowadays. I want a sexy asian eyed beauty just like Shau're. sincerely. screw feminism. I'd even tolerate the return of chivalry for it.
    Die! Die! Die!
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
      Die! Die! Die!

phhttbbbtttttt

traditional women rock!

Comment

I'm not sure about the picture, either, DJFavorite. If the team took a camera with them, how did they develop the film? Unless it was a camera that printed out the picture, but her picture is an 8X10 and in a frame, no less. I guess it's one of those things that will remain a mystery.

I've noticed that there's not a lot of Daniel/Sha're fanfic out there. Perhaps people aren't into the ship or they just don't think the characters are interesting enough to write about. I've found the most here on Gateworld, but other fic sites just seem to focus on Daniel or pairings with other women in the SGC. We won't go into that, will we? It's not that I don't want Daniel to find someone else, it just that I don't think he'll find love like Sha're.

Comment

I'm determined to not let this thread die. Just think of me as a sarcophagus.

If Daniel had gotten Sha're back and freed her from the Goa'uld, what would they have ended up doing. My guess is that he would have left the SGC, as he had talked about in FIAD.

Would they have gone back to Abydos?

Would the academic community have accepted him back if he decided to leave the SGC and live his life with Sha're on Earth?

Comment

Shau're would've been difficult to explain to the outside world. If I were Daniel I would've gone back to Abydos with her. Traditional women are *sigh* difficult to find.....or maybe to some other advanced world together.

Comment

Well, it's high time this thread got off of PAGE 15 and saw some daylight! I am a confirmed Daniel/Sha'uri 'shipper (I like "Sha'uri" better than "Sha're"), and I've noticed that we're obviously a rare breed.

I absolutely adored "Secrets" and "Forever in a Day", and "Children of the Gods" had some real tearjerker moments, too. I think my favorite line from any of the three, though, is from FiaD: "Every time I set foot through that 'Gate, I was thinking about my wife. Maybe I'll see her this time, maybe this is the one... now... it'll just be some place, where that hope used to be. That's why I can't do it anymore." I cried the first time I saw that!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Hello? ::hears voice echoing off empty thread:: Anybody home? Am I the only Daniel/Sha'uri 'shipper left? Where'd everybody go?

Comment

I'm not a real follower of SG1, but didn't she- um, die?
                  BSG convert....

Comment

Originally posted by Kookaburra
                    So? (S8)
                    Spoiler:
                    Fifth is dead too, that doesn't stop Smifth.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Kookaburra
                      And as somebody said elsewhere on this thread, it's still the only canon 'ship on SG-1. Plus, there's endless fanfic opportunities (trust me, I've written far too many. See sig).

Comment

My God, there IS a Daniel/Sha're thread! I'm sooooooo glad I've found it, better later than never, right?

I'm one of those few people who continue to love Daniel and Sha're despite the fact that she died so long ago.

For me, they are and will always be the BEST couple not only from Stargate, but from ANY fandom. This is true love! I know I'm obsessed, but I can compare their story with any of the great love stories in literature!

I could talk about the two of them for the whole night, but I've gotta stop now... But don't worry, now that I've found it, I'll post on this thread even if I'll be talking by myself!

Jassmine

Comment

Originally posted by Jassmine de Blanc
                          But don't worry, now that I've found it, I'll post on this thread even if I'll be talking by myself!
                          As long as I'm around the forum, you'll never be talking by yourself in this thread!

Comment

WoW! I had forgotten I started this thread. I haven't been a fan of the show for too long and loved Daniel/Sha're. Unfortunately, their time together was short-lived. Their love was so innocent and tragic.

I wrote a few D/S fics and posted them here on GW. However, I've moved onto Daniel/Vala. Yes, I know she's totally opposite from Sha're, but love the chemistry between the two of them. Don't worry, I'm still Daniel/Sha're OTP.

Thanks for reviving this thread and starting up some lively discussions.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                              WoW! I had forgotten I started this thread. I haven't been a fan of the show for too long and loved Daniel/Sha're. Unfortunately, their time together was short-lived. Their love was so innocent and tragic.
                              I was so mad when they killed her off. TPTB could have done a lot with their relationship.

I wrote a few D/S fics and posted them here on GW. However, I've moved onto Daniel/Vala. Yes, I know she's totally opposite from Sha're, but love the chemistry between the two of them. Don't worry, I'm still Daniel/Sha're OTP.
                              I could never really get into Daniel/Vala, but I do find the banter between them hysterical. I like her character, though, and I'm glad she's sticking aound.

Thanks for reviving this thread and starting up some lively discussions.
                              No problem, Lisa. Thanks for starting it.

Comment

Sooooo... I know it's been a while, but I sure haven't abandoned this thread!

First of all, Lisa, I read your Daniel/Sha're fics and they are great! I especially liked "Before Dawn" and "Invocation" (even if, acording to the rating, I shouldn't have read that... ) "Female Bonding" was really nice too...

About Vala, I can't say anything as I haven't seen her yet, but honestly I doubt I'll become a Daniel/Vala shipper... At least that's what I say now...

But since this is a Daniel/Sha're thread, let's go back to the topic.... *sigh*

I have so many things to say about the two of them, so I'll take the questiones raised one at a time. I'll start in a minute, just let me find the first questions!

Comment

Working...
                                X