No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, as nebulan said, they probably steal many of their weapons. Though they seem to produce the TER's?
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
      And, as nebulan said, they probably steal many of their weapons. Though they seem to produce the TER's?
      Maybe they can produce Zats too... just not staff weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
        Maybe they can produce Zats too... just not staff weapons?
        I have read somewhere that the zat'nik'tels that SGC has later in the series are produced by the Tok'ra, but I don't know where people heard it originally - perhaps one of the producers have said it?

Anyway, maybe the staff weapons take more naquadah or production of them in more than very small scale requires facilities the Tok'ra can't easily hide? Thus they usually only make small and speciality weapons and steal the rest.

Or perhaps it is simply easier to steal staff weapons and they spend their resources on producing other things (or researching/inventing new things - we know they have several scientists working).
        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Staff weapons probably takes more resources to produce, so it is easier to steal them - especially since, as you say, the Tok'ra need to run their production and mining (if any) in secret.
          sigpic
          [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

The episode with the TERs, Jacob says "we ripped off a number of versions from the Goa'uld" - my interpretation was always "stole by deception." I imagine they would manufacture stuff of their own, but the stuff they can steal from the Goa'uld probably doesn't tend to be high on their priorities of things to make themselves. Why make what you can steal from the enemy, if you have your own science projects taking up resources?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
              MerryK - I haven't been online much, so haven't been able to catch up with your whole fic - I'm about at chapter 30 now. It's a great story. Very interesting
              Do you (or anyone else) know if there is a way to quickly download all of a fic from fanfiction.net and read it in some kind of offline reader-program? I have a computer at home, but no internet access.

Skadi - thanks for posting all those great smilies! Roeskva is good at making them. I think most of them looks very much like the characters! Do you know if she will make some for me? I would like some more Sam/Martouf/Lantash smilies - and some Janet/Jacob/Selmak smilies!
              Sorry, didn't see the pm you sent me until now, Skadi - I've been unable to login for ages Will email her

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
              The episode with the TERs, Jacob says "we ripped off a number of versions from the Goa'uld" - my interpretation was always "stole by deception." I imagine they would manufacture stuff of their own, but the stuff they can steal from the Goa'uld probably doesn't tend to be high on their priorities of things to make themselves. Why make what you can steal from the enemy, if you have your own science projects taking up resources?
              I always took the "ripped off a number of versions from the Goa'uld" to mean they had made copies of them? Like when you rip a CD? But I agree - no reason to spend space and resources on making what you can steal from the Goa'uld.
              sigpic
              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                I always took the "ripped off a number of versions from the Goa'uld" to mean they had made copies of them? Like when you rip a CD? But I agree - no reason to spend space and resources on making what you can steal from the Goa'uld.
                That's also how I understood it, but since I am not a native English speaker, I may have misunderstood.

We know the Tok'ra have teltacs, and probably not ha'taks - do they have alkesh's?
                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

As far as I know, we have only ever seen them fly in teltac's. They were going to get an hatak that SG-1 had gotten their hands on, but it was destroyed before that. I think it was in the three episodes starting with "Exodus".
                  sigpic

Comment

Do we know when Egeria lived? I mean, when she was born? How quickly she became a Tok'ra/why? If not, what do you think?
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Well, if Selmak is the oldest of the Tok'ra, then Egeria likely didn't become a Tok'ra until about 2000 years ago. Of course, since she may have had many generations of Tok'ra kids before that all were killed, and since Selmak could have been a Goa'uld, we don't really know anything for sure. But a fair guess is probably no more than about 2000 years ago.

No way to know how old Egeria was before she became a Tok'ra, she could be thousands of years old, and have lots and lots of Goa'uld kids. Or she could have become Tok'ra shortly after maturing. Nothing tells us about it.
                      sigpic
                      [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Sounds reasonably since we now Selmak is oldest. How many were Goa'uld? Have they said? Some say the "of" means theyre former Goa'uld - like 'of Belote' and 'of Malkshur' - noone else is having that, are they? Well Lord Khonsu of Amunshek but hes just undercover? Or maybe just switched and pretending to still be a god?
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post
                          Sounds reasonably since we now Selmak is oldest. How many were Goa'uld? Have they said? Some say the "of" means theyre former Goa'uld - like 'of Belote' and 'of Malkshur' - noone else is having that, are they? Well Lord Khonsu of Amunshek but hes just undercover? Or maybe just switched and pretending to still be a god?
                          The 'fact' that the 'of' something means that they are Goa'uld is fanon - not canon. However, I think it makes sense and that Jolinar and Garshaw really were Goa'uld originally. I don't know about Selmak - I think her possible being Goa'uld stems from the fact that she is older than the others, but she could merely be the last surviving one from her clutch - the Goa'uld does seem to kill a lot of Tok'ra and maybe it was even more dangerous in the beginning, before they learned to hide in tunnels and such, perhaps?

I doubt that Lord Khonsu of Amunshek is his real name, but I guess it could be. It is more likely that he took the role of some minor Goa'uld.
                          sigpic

Comment

Excuse the interruption - attention to all the lovers of the female Tok'ra:

I reinvented the LJ community SGsecondary and it is now back in business.

Secondary Women of Stargate
                            The place to be where recurring becomes regular, and regular becomes recurring.

This community exists to make sure the recurring women of the Stargate universe aren't forgotten. All the female characters that ever appeared on Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and soon Stargate Universe, and who were never in the opening credits and thus not considered regular, are welcome here.

Regulars are welcome too, but have to take a backseat for the recurring/guest/secondary characters. The rules explain everything.

Please, you may now continue your regular thunking/Discussing/Appreciation.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Excuse the interruption - attention to all the lovers of the female Tok'ra:

I reinvented the LJ community SGsecondary and it is now back in business.

Secondary Women of Stargate
                              The place to be where recurring becomes regular, and regular becomes recurring.

This community exists to make sure the recurring women of the Stargate universe aren't forgotten. All the female characters that ever appeared on Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and soon Stargate Universe, and who were never in the opening credits and thus not considered regular, are welcome here.

Regulars are welcome too, but have to take a backseat for the recurring/guest/secondary characters. The rules explain everything.

Please, you may now continue your regular thunking/Discussing/Appreciation.
                              Thanks, sounds interesting. Can I read it even if I don't have a LJ account?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                                Thanks, sounds interesting. Can I read it even if I don't have a LJ account?
                                Yup, you can.

If you can't, let me know. Cause I fiddled with my controls and I could have set something to 'no' without realizing it. Yes, I can be that clumsy.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X