No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really is a wonderful book to read for us Tok'ra fans! Hope you love it as much as I did? I've just read it for the 2nd time, and lots more stuff became clear in it that I missed on the 1st reading.
    Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
    STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

I made a new pic game: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=9772840

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
        I'm in!
        sigpic
        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
          Will play
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Just posting a picture of some noname Tok'ra

sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Hee hee, he looks a little upset? You can imagine him standing there thinking "They could at east have given me a name!" I bet he named his own character, or maybe got fed up and left to join the Goa'uld?. Please excuse me, I'm very tired and a little dippy today

Comment

haha - I suggest we name him Tokar Any suggestions for his two friends?
                sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                  I've never heard of her either. I checked on her, and the book medu mentioned (Twilight) is called "Om jag kunde drömma" (If I could dream) in Swedish - it may be the same in Danish? "The Host" has not been translated yet - or published in Sweden, apparently. I don't mind reading it in English - I actually prefer reading all books/seeing movies in the original language - at least if it's a language I know (for books). There is always something lost in the translations.

I'll certainly look for "The Host" - if it's sci-fi, the Science Fiction book store in Stockholm may have it.
                  The cheapest place I've ever seen for books has got to be Amazon! Their prices are amazing. No bookshop I've ever seen can match them. I think it was loads cheaper that I paid in the 'new and used' section on there too. I only bought it new from Amazon as I was ordering loads of books as Christmas presents. Just an idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                    haha - I suggest we name him Tokar Any suggestions for his two friends?
                    Well, I can see 6 of them in the photo, with the legs of a 7th just in view, so how about variations on the 7 dwarves? He could be 'Tetchy' and the others, hmmm, let's see....droopy, jumpy, broody, sulky, crabby and mardy (means grumpy in the North East of England )

Did you hear the joke about Snow White? She thought '7 up' was a soft drink!

Ooops, enough of that, or I'll have the mods after me. Sorry moderators, it's been a hard day, I'll behave now, I promise.

Comment

This pic is a bit big
                      Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Nice Tok'ra pics
                        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Do you think it is possible that one or more of the Tok'ra (a queen for instance...) had somehow ended up wherever it is they are going in Stargate: Universe, and get picked up on the way?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                            Do you think it is possible that one or more of the Tok'ra (a queen for instance...) had somehow ended up wherever it is they are going in Stargate: Universe, and get picked up on the way?
                            *closes eyes and wishes very hard* But in all honesty, I don't trust the 'bigwigs' at StarGate to take into account anything the fans want anymore. If they cared what we thought, we'd be on Sg-1 season 13 by now with the Tok'ra in it, not to mention Martouf and Lantash would still be around.....don't mind me, feeling very negative today

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                              *closes eyes and wishes very hard* But in all honesty, I don't trust the 'bigwigs' at StarGate to take into account anything the fans want anymore. If they cared what we thought, we'd be on Sg-1 season 13 by now with the Tok'ra in it, not to mention Martouf and Lantash would still be around.....don't mind me, feeling very negative today
                              *hugs* medu. Cheer up - go watch some episodes with Tok'ra in them - especially Martouf/Lantash!

I don't know how likely it is we would see the Tok'ra that way. It is certainly possible, with how everyone has moved around in the various galaxies (Asgard, anyone? I hear they are in the Pegasus galaxy...)

Anyway - I'm not sure I dare trust the current writers with any of the Tok'ra And you're right. If they cared about the fans they would have not cancelled SG-1 and SGA!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                                *hugs* medu. Cheer up - go watch some episodes with Tok'ra in them - especially Martouf/Lantash!

I don't know how likely it is we would see the Tok'ra that way. It is certainly possible, with how everyone has moved around in the various galaxies (Asgard, anyone? I hear they are in the Pegasus galaxy...)

Anyway - I'm not sure I dare trust the current writers with any of the Tok'ra And you're right. If they cared about the fans they would have not cancelled SG-1 and SGA!
                                OK - I suppose I agree. We could easily see the Tok'ra on Universe, but it is unlikely we will. And you are (unfortunately) right that it is probably for the best I worry as well for what the writers would do to that Tok'ra...

Anyway - we will have to hope for fanfic to write this, then *hopes*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X