Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
    Classic film from 1968 about sexual freedom with really wacky constumes on Jane Fonda here's a site you can see some of them

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062711/

They are definitely worth a look and I can sooooo see Freya/Anise in most of them
    Ah - thanks Yeah, Freya and Anise would probably like that

It's too bad there are so few fics with them - she is one of my favourite Tok'ra
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I found this picture on the internet (image search for Tok'ra)

I though first it might be Zanuf - but now I'm leaning more to Kanan. Any ideas?
      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
        I found this picture on the internet (image search for Tok'ra)

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...kra/tok8bk.jpg

I though first it might be Zanuf - but now I'm leaning more to Kanan. Any ideas?
        Klorel - Pretense. tho the guys carring him are tokra.

Comment

Of course - makes sense. Now I seem to remember we don't see Kanan before he blends with Jack. Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

yes its the Tok'ra desert outfit - they mostly used in first sesons - too bad, its cool I think

Do you guys prefer that or the brown?
            sigpic
            Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post
              yes its the Tok'ra desert outfit - they mostly used in first sesons - too bad, its cool I think

Do you guys prefer that or the brown?
              In Continuum they had the old patchy outfits and the sexy leather outfits and a few new ones. I like the later outfits myself

Comment

Yes, they seem to mix the two types of uniforms in later episodes. Originally I thought it depended on which type of area they were in. The tan ones for desert (good for hiding under sand ), like they had on Vorash and the planet before that (Tok'ra I&II) and the brown ones for more forest-like areas, like Revenna. That may have been the idea and they just didn't have enough of either?

Anyway, while I think the brown one are pretty too, I far prefer the tan/desert ones. I would really like one of those!
                sigpic

Comment

One more vote for the desert uniforms - don't know why I like them best, but probably because we saw those first. I'm always that way - same for Star Trek. Didn't like it when they change uniforms
                  sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

nebulan - in the last pic, is that Zanuf's tank? The one the woman on the left is carrying?
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

nice pics, nebulan! In pic2 is the man on the left Tok'ra to? Too dark to be clearly

I like both unifroms - though I think dessert one most!
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

RingThing - I'm pretty sure he is a Tok'ra as well.

Hathor_girl - I think it is Zanuf she is carrying in the tank. Do we know if he survives? Or is he killed in the explosions that Adria cause?
                        sigpic

Comment

Just a quick (sort of) OT question. Has anyone read 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer ? (Yes, she wrote 'Twilight' and the sequels, too) I read that book and thought 'wow, this woman has either stolen the idea of a Tok'ra, or she actually IS one!'. The book is soooo 'host/symbiote' it's scary. I don't want to give away any of the storyline, but I would recommend anyone who loves the Tok'ra give it a read. There's only one difference between 'Tok'ra' and the 'Souls' of the book, but I'll leave it up to anyone who reads it to work out. You'll get it really quickly.
                          Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
                          STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                            Just a quick (sort of) OT question. Has anyone read 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer ? (Yes, she wrote 'Twilight' and the sequels, too) I read that book and thought 'wow, this woman has either stolen the idea of a Tok'ra, or she actually IS one!'. The book is soooo 'host/symbiote' it's scary. I don't want to give away any of the storyline, but I would recommend anyone who loves the Tok'ra give it a read. There's only one difference between 'Tok'ra' and the 'Souls' of the book, but I'll leave it up to anyone who reads it to work out. You'll get it really quickly.
                            Yes! I read the book a while back, and went, "Wow, a softer version of the Tok'ra." The storyline was really interesting, especially as a Tok'ra fan.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I've never heard of Stephenie Meyer or any of the books you mentioned, but I'll look for 'The Host' - or whatever they chose to call it in Danish, in the book stores (they have a tendency to invent new names for movies and books instead of just translating the name).
                              sigpic

Comment

I've never heard of her either. I checked on her, and the book medu mentioned (Twilight) is called "Om jag kunde drömma" (If I could dream) in Swedish - it may be the same in Danish? "The Host" has not been translated yet - or published in Sweden, apparently. I don't mind reading it in English - I actually prefer reading all books/seeing movies in the original language - at least if it's a language I know (for books). There is always something lost in the translations.

I'll certainly look for "The Host" - if it's sci-fi, the Science Fiction book store in Stockholm may have it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X