• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra icons/banners:

Misc.: http://community.livejournal.com/tokrafans/27150.html
    sigpic
    Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Sam/Martouf/Lantash contest LAUNCH on LiveJournal!

First, note that the contest is open for both FIC and ART!

Prompts can be found here.

The contest runs September 1st to November 30th.

Rules:

* Everyone is welcome to participate - not just members of this community
      * To join, just pick a prompt and write a fic or make some art for it (photomanip, handdrawn, whatever)
      * When you have written it/done it, post it here in this community, or post a link to your creation.
      * Fic should be behind a cut, as should large or NSFW art
      * Fic can be any length ABOVE 1000 words and any rating and genre, but Sam/Martouf/Lantash ship or preship must be the main focus.
      * Please warn appropriately for graphic violence, sex...etc.
      * Fic/art MUST be new (made for this contest)
      * You may enter as many times as you want, with fic and/or art
      * The same prompt may be used by more than one person

Prize: The winner will get a banner and 2 months paid account time (LJ).

GET WRITING/CREATING!!!!
      sigpic
      Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Forward from a mailinglist mail:

And now the moment you've all been waiting for... the 2010 GateFic Awards are now... OPEN!

Head over to the GateFic site and you will find a link to the list of nominated authors, artists, and vidders. Take a moment to look at the wonderful talent on display in our inaugural awards and then click on the vote link to give them your best thumbs up. Voting closes at midnight (UTC -5:00) September 25th!

http://www.gatefic.com

The GateFic Team
        Lots of Tok'ra and especially Sam/Martouf/Lantash fics to vote for!
        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post
          Sam/Martouf/Lantash contest LAUNCH on LiveJournal!

First, note that the contest is open for both FIC and ART!

Prompts can be found here.

The contest runs September 1st to November 30th.

Rules:

* Everyone is welcome to participate - not just members of this community
          * To join, just pick a prompt and write a fic or make some art for it (photomanip, handdrawn, whatever)
          * When you have written it/done it, post it here in this community, or post a link to your creation.
          * Fic should be behind a cut, as should large or NSFW art
          * Fic can be any length ABOVE 1000 words and any rating and genre, but Sam/Martouf/Lantash ship or preship must be the main focus.
          * Please warn appropriately for graphic violence, sex...etc.
          * Fic/art MUST be new (made for this contest)
          * You may enter as many times as you want, with fic and/or art
          * The same prompt may be used by more than one person

Prize: The winner will get a banner and 2 months paid account time (LJ).

GET WRITING/CREATING!!!!
          I'd love to try to do something... I have a vid in mind that I'd been thinking about for a while, it'd be Martouf/Lantash focused (I'll call the vid a form of art maybe?), but I'm not sure I could fix Sam in at all. Well, no, I mean, she'll definitely be in it, but I don't think more than a friendship capacity. It's a humor song, no romance to it... do you think it would qualify if Sam wasn't a main character and was only in it as a friend? I want to participate because I live and die by deadlines and I think I could get it done before Nov 1st, otherwise I'll never do it If I can't do something friendshippy than probably won't participate... I won't participate to win of course... but to give Martouf/Lantash and the Tok'ra more love!

Comment

I just posted the question on the community. I'll post here whatever answer people give I suspect it is OK. A vid should definitively be considered art.

Comment

It's OK, nebulan! Three people besides me have answered and they're fine with it!

The post: http://community.livejournal.com/sam...ouf/17100.html

Comment

yay! thanks yeah, I read the comments, no, I wouldn't put Sam/Jack in the vid of course, but I don't know if I'll be able to slip Sam in for more than one of the choruses... I'll see what I can do

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your vid, nebulan!

Comment

Finished my fic for the Tok'ra resistance fic contest:

A Fresh Start, PG-13, Adventure/Romance/Humor, SG-1 and Martouf/Lantash strand on an alien planet, but they have no idea who they are. How will things tune out? Will they remember who they are? Sam/Martouf/Lantash.

I wrote inspired by this picture:

Comment

Do we know why they can understand each other on the various planets? I mean, I guess itmakes sort of sense they have traded and such and understands each other, but why do SG-1 etc. understand them? They should be like in the first movie, where they have to learn it first.
                      I guess it would make sense the Tok'ra speak lots of languages? They would remember all their former hosts's languages and their queen's languages, and their hosts would get them as well, so maybe SG-1 would be able to understand them, but why do they understand everyone else?

Yeah, I realise it is to save time, but have we ever gotten a technobabble explanation? Like the one that they don't get sick from going to other people because they have traded and so on.
                      sigpic
                      button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                        Do we know why they can understand each other on the various planets? I mean, I guess itmakes sort of sense they have traded and such and understands each other, but why do SG-1 etc. understand them? They should be like in the first movie, where they have to learn it first.
                        I guess it would make sense the Tok'ra speak lots of languages? They would remember all their former hosts's languages and their queen's languages, and their hosts would get them as well, so maybe SG-1 would be able to understand them, but why do they understand everyone else?

Yeah, I realise it is to save time, but have we ever gotten a technobabble explanation? Like the one that they don't get sick from going to other people because they have traded and so on.
                        The official story I've heard is that most gates transmit safe nano-bots into each human/Jaffa traveler (while they are in disintegrated traveling mode mode) that translates... maybe some sort of neuro connection that allows them to telepathically learn the local languages or transmit neuro signals to the locals that allows them to be understood. maybe you have to go through more than once for them to work, hence why it didn't work on the first trip to abydos, and maybe doesn't work on Unas'. Probably ancient technology. this is mostly my guessing and it only works on humans and near-humans (like Jaffas or humans with symbionts).

(apparently I like spelling some things the British way, my spell checker didn't like me spelling "traveller", "travelling" or "hense". Those are all legit ways to spells those words in other countries, right? (I'm in the US and my spell checker is set thus.) Is it symbiote or symbiont? My spellchecker only likes the second but it doesn't like symbiotes or symbionts.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                          The official story I've heard is that most gates transmit safe nano-bots into each human/Jaffa traveler (while they are in disintegrated traveling mode mode) that translates... maybe some sort of neuro connection that allows them to telepathically learn the local languages or transmit neuro signals to the locals that allows them to be understood. maybe you have to go through more than once for them to work, hence why it didn't work on the first trip to abydos, and maybe doesn't work on Unas'. Probably ancient technology. this is mostly my guessing and it only works on humans and near-humans (like Jaffas or humans with symbionts).

(apparently I like spelling some things the British way, my spell checker didn't like me spelling "traveller", "travelling" or "hense". Those are all legit ways to spells those words in other countries, right? (I'm in the US and my spell checker is set thus.) Is it symbiote or symbiont? My spellchecker only likes the second but it doesn't like symbiotes or symbionts.
                          Wow, that's an interesting explanation! What episode was it in?

As for the symbionts/symbiotes thing...(in English at least) Stargate calls them symbiotes, Star Trek calls them symbionts. So I guess it's a matter of preference, but that's what they do on the show.
                          sigpic

Comment

it wasn't an episode, the nano technology thing was suggested Joe Mallozzi on his blog. the rest was my speculating ^^

I should get my sister on here to post her theory... it has to do with the ancients pretty much teaching everyone English.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                              it wasn't an episode, the nano technology thing was suggested Joe Mallozzi on his blog. the rest was my speculating ^^

I should get my sister on here to post her theory... it has to do with the ancients pretty much teaching everyone English.
                              Ah, so not canon. Too bad, I liked the idea.

I think I've seen a fic where Egeria met SG-1 during the time they were in the past (Moebius episodes) and learned English from them. She then taught all her kids who slowly taught everyone else. Or something like that.

Do get your sister to come here and post her theory!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                                Ah, so not canon. Too bad, I liked the idea.

I think I've seen a fic where Egeria met SG-1 during the time they were in the past (Moebius episodes) and learned English from them. She then taught all her kids who slowly taught everyone else. Or something like that.

Do get your sister to come here and post her theory!
                                I have read that one too. I think it was a neat idea, but I'm not sure it would really work for anyone but the Tok'ra. I will look for it. It was either gen or slightly Sam/Jack.
                                sigpic
                                Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Working...
                                X