Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
    I wrote the answers for Kanan, but I don't mind you changing them - I realize the lo'tar thing got a little out of hand
    lol, the more I think about it, the more I want to keep them, all of them, even tho it is obvious, the further and further you go the louder your laughing!

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
      lol, the more I think about it, the more I want to keep them, all of them, even tho it is obvious, the further and further you go the louder your laughing!
      I also think we should keep at least some of them, for the fun
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

lol - not a bad idea. I think it would be great to have some funny ones - and the lo'tar ones are good for that.

-Skadi
        sigpic
        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Like your Egeria-avatar, Skadi

Has anyone seen any new Tok'ra fic recently? I need something to read. Yes, I know the one MerryK is writing, and is grateful for it - but I need something to read in between she posts (*fiiccccc*)
          sigpic
          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post

Has anyone seen any new Tok'ra fic recently? I need something to read. Yes, I know the one MerryK is writing, and is grateful for it - but I need something to read in between she posts (*fiiccccc*)
            No. I've been checking ff.net and Symbiotica regularly - the latter haven't had any new entries since mid-June or something. I'm getting worried they've stopped posting any there or maybe the author's stopped writing. Anyone knows what Symbiotica is? Is it an archive for a newsgroup/mailing list or is it just a repository/archive like ff.net and Heliopolis? What I'm interested in is - do they have a board or a list where you can talk?

-Snotr
            sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
            (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
            Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I'm curious about Symbiotica too—but from what I remember, it looks like it was a fic archive, but I'd guess it's inactive now because there's no one to approve new stories.

Compromised is updated with Chapter 8 (LJ , FF.net)

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                I'm curious about Symbiotica too—but from what I remember, it looks like it was a fic archive, but I'd guess it's inactive now because there's no one to approve new stories.

Compromised is updated with Chapter 8 (LJ , FF.net)
                Yeah, it looks that way. Too bad - an archive just for Tok'ra fic would be great

Thanks for posting a new chapter Your story is great!

-Snotr
                sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I agree that Symbiotica is probably inactive, but I don't think it's just a fic archive. I think there's a mailinglist of yahoogroup also, because I looked through the site and they refer to 'board challenges' and 'answers to group challenges' or some such. I'm guessing a yahoogroup or perhaps a livejournal or forum somewhere. There's an email address to contact for new authors, has anyone tried that?

edit: a site search gave this snippet "Challenge from Tok'ra Resistance yahoo group" so it's a yahoogroup. A search on those gave

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/tok...ec=group&slk=2

but you have to be a member to see more than the front of their page. However they give a link to http://tokra.fandomnet.com/ (Symbiotica) on their page, as a 'related link' so I think its their archive

CaptJanson is a SEARCH-GODDESS!!
                  Last edited by CaptJanson; 30 September 2008, 07:30 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, you rule, CaptJanson (*worship*...*grin)

Hehe. I like the pic they have on their webpage, of Kelmaa/Egeria, signed "Keep up the good fight. Love, mom"

By the way - gateworld is extremely slow today, isn't it?
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Hey Skadi, I couldn't respond to your comment on my story on FF.net, so is it okay if I answer it here? Jolinar is just as much in love with Martouf/Lantash as they are with her, IMO and in my story, but you hit it on the head, she's very practical. Her emotions are very deep, so sometimes they appear to be less powerful, but they definitely aren't.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                        Hey Skadi, I couldn't respond to your comment on my story on FF.net, so is it okay if I answer it here? Jolinar is just as much in love with Martouf/Lantash as they are with her, IMO and in my story, but you hit it on the head, she's very practical. Her emotions are very deep, so sometimes they appear to be less powerful, but they definitely aren't.
                        Yes, I am happy for your answer - didn't realise there was no way to put in an answer to a comment in ff.net

Glad to hear she loves them Thanks.

-Skadi
                        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Thread posting seems to have slowed down a lot (perhaps because gateworld is interminably slow - am I the only one that have to wait almost a minute after clicking something?)

Anyway, Symbiotica seems to still be alive - I checked it this afternoon, and there is a new story (*happy*)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                            Thread posting seems to have slowed down a lot (perhaps because gateworld is interminably slow - am I the only one that have to wait almost a minute after clicking something?)

Anyway, Symbiotica seems to still be alive - I checked it this afternoon, and there is a new story (*happy*)
                            This one, right? Surprise!

Yeah, it's nice Symbiotica is still active, but...the story's almmost only about OC's! That's not for me. I prefer the known chars from the show

-and afternoon? What time zone are you in!
                            sigpic

Comment

I would guess she's in GMT+1, where it would've been 17:04 as she posted that ;-)
                              I do time zones a lot, I'm in some extremely multinational threads. We tend to just say silly stuff like "above the Sun" now, because there used to be all sorts of silly replies to the time-zone-sensitive ones.
                              Speaking of which, I'm off to bed LOL
                              I need to get more of my fanfic written.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                                I would guess she's in GMT+1, where it would've been 17:04 as she posted that ;-)
                                I do time zones a lot, I'm in some extremely multinational threads. We tend to just say silly stuff like "above the Sun" now, because there used to be all sorts of silly replies to the time-zone-sensitive ones.
                                Speaking of which, I'm off to bed LOL
                                I need to get more of my fanfic written.
                                Yup, you're right. She is from Sweden, and like Denmark, they are in GMT+1

...and yes, you need to write more of your fanfic. It is interesting. I look forward to reading more.

-Skadi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X