No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petra, I've posted the link to the fic you recced, in the Tok'ra/Goa'uld fic thread!
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I thought I should let everyone know that Malkshur's Temple by Xashalya has been updated with two more chapters in the past week or so.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5450088/1/Malkshurs_Temple

Comment

Cool poll! One more vote for Anise/Freya

Thanks for the fic rec, KJ_A! Will go read!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Oh, there's another Tok'ra fic on the same page of ff.net

Tok'ra vignettes which is at 8 chapters! I'll go read that too! New chapter is about Aldwin - I don't think I've ever read anything about him before Too bad there only seems to be one chapter about Anise/Freya.
          sigpic

Comment

And another one, called Last Survivor. An AU where Lantash and Elliott survives.
            sigpic

Comment

I think Roeskva originally posted those separately on Live Journal.

Comment

Welcome to the thread, Petra! Seems you like all the Tok'ra except Martouf, right? *grins* I love all of them, though Anise/Freya is my special favourite Anise is just the typical scientist without people-skills, and Freya is from a culture that is much more open about their feelings/lusts than many Earth-societies. This contrast makes for a very interesting character!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KJ_A View Post
                  I think Roeskva originally posted those separately on Live Journal.
                  Yes, now yiou say so. I think the same. Will check.
                  sigpic

Comment

She did - all except the last one, which isn't there on her LJ
                    sigpic

Comment

She has a list of her fanfic here:

http://roeskva.livejournal.com/18667.html#cutid1
                      sigpic

Comment

yay - I'm talking to myself... Sorry for all the posts!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting fic links!
                          sigpic
                          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
                            Welcome to the thread, Petra!
                            Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

Seems you like all the Tok'ra except Martouf, right? *grins* I love all of them, though Anise/Freya is my special favourite
                            Well, sorta. For some weird reason I've never liked Ren'al, she just grates on my nerves. And I've never warmed up to Dr Reully (sp?) or Thoran, so it's not just Martouf In the spirit of honestly though, I admit I'm not very fond of him, and I can't even give you good, logical reasons for it. He just gives me creeps and I've never been able to buy him as a good guy; I kept expecting to find out he's a Goa'uld spy or something. Totally irrational, I know. Sorry.

Malek, on the other hand, I adore. He seems so..complex, you know? At first he's so annoyingly arrogant and superior but you can see him changing/opening up during Allegiance. It was so refreshing to see a Tok'ra who showed he was scared and who tried to make up for what he saw as his shortcomings. He had a perfect blend of arrogance and open-mindness.

So, what do you guys think about Kanan and what he did to Jack?

Anise is just the typical scientist without people-skills, and Freya is from a culture that is much more open about their feelings/lusts than many Earth-societies. This contrast makes for a very interesting character!
                            Exactly, that's how I feel about it!
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                              Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

Well, sorta. For some weird reason I've never liked Ren'al, she just grates on my nerves. And I've never warmed up to Dr Reully (sp?) or Thoran, so it's not just Martouf In the spirit of honestly though, I admit I'm not very fond of him, and I can't even give you good, logical reasons for it. He just gives me creeps and I've never been able to buy him as a good guy; I kept expecting to find out he's a Goa'uld spy or something. Totally irrational, I know. Sorry.

Malek, on the other hand, I adore. He seems so..complex, you know? At first he's so annoyingly arrogant and superior but you can see him changing/opening up during Allegiance. It was so refreshing to see a Tok'ra who showed he was scared and who tried to make up for what he saw as his shortcomings. He had a perfect blend of arrogance and open-mindness.

So, what do you guys think about Kanan and what he did to Jack?

Exactly, that's how I feel about it!
                              Haha, yeah Thoran and Renaul didn't do a whole lot to warm us up to them, I just have this thing about being amused by the overbearing science chicks (I also tend to like Anise, tho not really Freya). I'm not a big fan of Martouf/Lantash, but that's mostly because they seemed to me like one of Sam's many puppies (I'm not a big fan of Sam either, love Amanda Tapping in Sanctuary, not Stargate), but when he's not hitting on Sam he was great as one of the all around good guys, you didn't have to worry about him experimenting on you or letting you down. I like the depth brought to his character when Lantash moved to Elliot (tho I liked looking at Martouf more ) but I guess I loved the not so easy to trust Tok'ra, the ones that had some inner Goa'uld tendencies to fight, mwhahah (please don't get me wrong, I like Sam and Martouf alright, just not my favorites )

I adored Malek in "Cure" he was like the poor son worried about his mama ^^;

yeah, Kanan comes off as a jerk, tho in his defense he was put in a bad position somewhat, I'm thinking that if he had properly blended with Jack maybe between their two brains someone's would have kicked in! hehe. But then, in the end they did save Shayllan.

For the more minor Tok'ra, I think some of us like to imply more personality to the characters than we get to see, like Garshaw liking Jack, Zarin having a thing for Jaffa, Jalen loving to tease, Kelmaa a clueless but lovable bookworm, etc (ok, some of these might be just me).
                              Last edited by nebulan; 13 March 2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

http://roguedragon.deviantart.com/ar...arin-157446351
                                my sis made a new Chibiature

and I finally got her to post a picture of her Tok'ra mary sue: http://roguedragon.deviantart.com/ar...gate-157489106 (a Human/Hebridan hybrid host to a Tok'ra symbiont)
                                Last edited by nebulan; 16 March 2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X