No announcement yet.

Samantha Carter/Martouf/Lantash Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did I not find this thread sooner?! I love this relationship - it has so much conflict in it, even feelings are uncertain. Sam doesn't know whether her feelings for Martouf are hers or Jolinar's, and Martouf has finally found someone who is equal to the love of his life. It's a shame more wasn't made of this relationship.
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Welcome to the thread, LiliJ!

Yes, I really wish they would have shown us more of this ship - I'm still hoping for a return of Martouf/Lantash and more ship - but I am unusually naive Most others would tell me the probability of that happening is somewhat lower than the Tok'ra arriving on Earth tomorrow - for real.
      sigpic
      [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Mmm I love the Tok'ra - I hate how they just sort of faded out of the picture, apart from a small cameo in Continuum.

Btw, inspired by this thread I just made this sig. It's not amazing, but it took me a while.

Last edited by LiliJ; 15 January 2009, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Lili!!! Honey! *huggles*

Another great LP siggie.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
            Lili!!! Honey! *huggles*

Another great LP siggie.
            Hey Luciana! I figured you'd be here somewhere! *hugs back*

What's LP?

Comment

Linkin Park.

I got used to use the shortcut!

Nice to see ya around here.
              sigpic

Comment

*waves* to LiliJ - welcome
                sigpic
                Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                  Mmm I love the Tok'ra - I hate how they just sort of faded out of the picture, apart from a small cameo in Continuum.

Btw, inspired by this thread I just made this sig. It's not amazing, but it took me a while.

[ATTACH]7523[/ATTACH]
                  Aww...so sad, and so beautiful. Good work!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                  ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

What do you think would have happened if Lantash had been allowed to try to heal Martouf - and had succeeded? (Ren'al says there was a chance of him succeeding). Would they have told Sam how they felt? How would she have reacted? Would they get involved? How? When?
                    sigpic
                    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I really love this picture

sigpic
                      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                        What do you think would have happened if Lantash had been allowed to try to heal Martouf - and had succeeded? (Ren'al says there was a chance of him succeeding). Would they have told Sam how they felt? How would she have reacted? Would they get involved? How? When?
                        I so wish that had happened! (Of course, I prefer that D&C never happened at all, but if it did, then Lantash should surely heal Martouf).

I also think it is likely that he would have succeeded. Remember the ashrak in 'In the Line of Duty'? He was able to heal third degree burns to more than 80% of the body. In a day! With no scars! Of course Lantash could heal Martouf and himself!

I would love to see a story on this, but I have never found one.

I don't think either Martouf or Lantash would have just told Sam of their feelings - unless they were trapped and thought they might die, perhaps. I suppose we could envision a scenario were they are trapped in the tunnels underground, together, and they tell her - then later they are all rescued. How would Sam then react? She seems to have difficulties with emotions in general, not just what she feel herself/what Jolinar feels.

I am convinced they would eventually get involved, yes.
                        sigpic
                        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                          I so wish that had happened! (Of course, I prefer that D&C never happened at all, but if it did, then Lantash should surely heal Martouf).

I also think it is likely that he would have succeeded. Remember the ashrak in 'In the Line of Duty'? He was able to heal third degree burns to more than 80% of the body. In a day! With no scars! Of course Lantash could heal Martouf and himself!

I would love to see a story on this, but I have never found one.

I don't think either Martouf or Lantash would have just told Sam of their feelings - unless they were trapped and thought they might die, perhaps. I suppose we could envision a scenario were they are trapped in the tunnels underground, together, and they tell her - then later they are all rescued. How would Sam then react? She seems to have difficulties with emotions in general, not just what she feel herself/what Jolinar feels.

I am convinced they would eventually get involved, yes.
                          I agree - Lantash is of course as good as a nasty Goa'uld - he could heal Martouf. Which leads us to the well-known 'under-cover theory' where they didn't die.

I think a story where they are trapped underground together and admit to their feelings would be nice - if a bit cliche. I'm sure it - or something similar - has been done before, for other pairings at least
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Skadi - I remember you had done some Sam/Martouf/Lantash photomanips for Atlantis? Could you repost them? I can't find them - but I suck at searching the threads, so that may be why...
                            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Reading MerryK's story 'Compromised' got me thinking - in that Sam actually has a chance of deciding what she feels herself about Martouf and Lantash - she seems not to be affected by Jolinar's emotion without the full blending (I assume that with a full blending there is no possibility of not feeling the same). What I ended up thinking about was - what if the meeting between SG-1 and the Tok'ra happened differently? What if Sam never became host to Jolinar (but Jolinar and Rosha were dead). Do you think Sam would fall for Martouf/Lantash anyway? Would they fall for her?
                              sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                              (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                              Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                                Reading MerryK's story 'Compromised' got me thinking - in that Sam actually has a chance of deciding what she feels herself about Martouf and Lantash - she seems not to be affected by Jolinar's emotion without the full blending (I assume that with a full blending there is no possibility of not feeling the same). What I ended up thinking about was - what if the meeting between SG-1 and the Tok'ra happened differently? What if Sam never became host to Jolinar (but Jolinar and Rosha were dead). Do you think Sam would fall for Martouf/Lantash anyway? Would they fall for her?
                                I think they would fall for Sam, if they spent as much time with her as they did in the series anyway. But I'm not sure whether she would have fallen for him - she seems to detach herself from any guy she meets through her work as it would be unprofessional. I think maybe the only reason she had feelings for Martouf was because of Jolinar's residual feelings - they forced her to see him in that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X