Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    I'm interested in Sarah's story, but feel there's so much more they could do with Nick. We need some answers!
    Okay then, how about both? I admit it, I'm greedy. More than that, I'm honestly wondering what's to become of those two characters and how they'll impact Daniel.

Comment

I would like to know how much memory Sarah retained. Is any of it of use to the SGC? Could her archaeological skills be of use - might we even see her working there?
      sigpic

Comment

I'd like that. But the one I really wanted to see was Stephen Raynor(?). He didn't like Daniel much, and had spent the past few years feeling derisive of him and the previous few years jealous. There's great potential for a bit of drama there, seeing the two of them together again.

I've just remembered Nyan as well. I'd really like to see Daniel, Stephen, Nyan and Sarah together.

Madeleine

Comment

I´ve just been reading up on (and looking at the pretty pictures ) in the Daniel/MS Thunk Thread (and oh yes, I will frequent that one often) when I read about this thread. It seems only fitting that I should post something here, as well, since Daniel is my favourite character.

And why is he my favourite? Well, so much of it have already been covered, (very eloquently I might add, by others) but I just need to add a few thoughts of my own.

Do you have a favourite Daniel episode?

Do I ever! It´s just not limited to one...

I love all the Unas-centric ones and his interaction with them, as it shows Daniel in his natural element. His curiosity and his eager to communicate really shines through. So, The First Ones, Beast of Burden and Enemy Mine.

Then there´s The Torment of Tantalus, Fire and Water and There But For the Grace of God, which I adore for various reasons, one of them beeing his innocence and his desire to learn and to help out in every way he can.

I love The Fifth Race, not only for the wonderful story in itself, but because of his interaction and concern for Jack. Their friendship, and especially the never-ending and lovely banter, is a wonderous thing to watch.

I want to give him a big, warm hug in Legacy (and I´m betting I´m not the only one), because he just looks so lost and helpless.

Crystal Skull, The Curse, The Light, Red Sky, The Tomb... The list just goes on and on, really.

The one episode I don´t like is actually Forever in a Day, but that has more to do with the Sha´re storyline than with Daniel himself. To clarify: I really, really don´t like the actress who plays Sha´re. I think she has zero chemistry with MS (which in itself, is a bit of a miracle) and I don´t think she´s a good actress. I wish they would have been able to keep the original actress who portrayed Sha´re, like they did with Alexis/Skaara. I´m positive I would have appreciated the episode a whole lot more, then. As it stands, I just tend to want to forget all about it. Which is a pity.

And oh boy, that was only supposed to be an answer to the first question...

What do you like about the character?

Well, to echo what a lot of other people have said already; everything! But to be a bit more specific, I like that he´s passionate, smart and curious. The fact that he cares so much about people and that he gets emotionally invested. I love how he always tries to find another way out, one that doesn´t involve violence or the destruction of cultures.

Although, I have to throw in a "but" here, too, because I felt that the Daniel of s7, didn´t really feel like 'Daniel' all the time. I realize that he has to change and evolve but sometimes I felt like he had lost so much of his iniatial innocence and that he was a bit 'battlescarred' (for lack of a better word). So, that was a bit hard to watch, even though there was the greatness of Enemy Mine and Lost City.

What did you think the first time you saw Daniel?

The first time I saw Daniel was when the movie came out (which was... what, -94?) and that is a good 10 years ago, so my memories are a bit fuzzy, at best. I do know, that I adored the character, even then and that I thought James Spader was a real cutie, so I guess my taste in men really haven´t changed that much over the years. I don´t know what that says about me, exactly, but I´m gonna go ahead and assume it´s a good thing.

Boonie or bandana

Ah, the bandana... *gets lost in dreamy thoughts for a while* Okay, here´s a twist: I like ´em both. I like the boonie in s1-2 and I think he looks amazing in the bandana in s3 and so forth. He looks especially gorgeous in The First Ones, I must say. His blue eyes are to die for! Seriously. I could quite happily drown in them.

~

Daniel Jackson is one of those characters who just happens to engage you in a way you´d never thought possible. He´s one of those great creations where the actor, the writers and the directors manages to convey just about enough of a connection to make him appear almost real. Or as real as a fictional character can possibly get.
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I've seen a the first few episodes of Season Eight and I was wondering what everyone else thought of Daniel's character this season? Don't forget spoiler space!
            sigpic

Comment

I've seen a the first few episodes of Season Eight and I was wondering what everyone else thought of Daniel's character this season? Don't forget spoiler space!
              S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I'm liking his character this season. But, that's not saying much, since I haven't ever not liked it. But, I enjoyed his interactions with Colonel Vasalov in Lockdown, especially when he said the part about 'In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter.' I like that he has this capacity for hope. You saw that in Icon, too. And, I'm really loving the Jack and Daniel moments. The banter is back, the caring. I also liked Daniel being p*ssy in the infirmary in Lockdown. He can get like that at times, and I liked that it's still a part of him. I'm pretty well satisfied with Daniel.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

He seems more relaxed too, don't you think? And is it me, or is his hair a bit longer?
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, he does seem more comfortable. The hair is a little longer than it was in the first episode and the Atlantis pilot.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I wonder if he is now more settled back into life in a corporeal form? He seems almost more like Season 3 Daniel. Perhaps that is because we've had more interaction between, not just Daniel and Jack, but Daniel and all the other three this season?

Hmmm interesting sig. Since I'm a mod can I tell you what you should post? If I tell you to post 'Dani is a Purple Turnip' does this mean you have to?...mwahaha.

Note: originally that read "post 'I am a purple turnip'" but then I realised that was open to abuse...
                    sigpic

Comment

Gipsy is a purple turnip!

Madeleine

Madeleine

Comment

Well, maybe I am a purple turnip.

Comment

hee hee maybe we're all purple turnips!

er, is there a topic here somewhere?
                          sigpic

Comment

hee hee maybe we're all purple turnips!

er, is there a topic here somewhere?
                            If turning into a purple turnip is what happens when you are a Daniel Fan....

Then count me as one. (Is that a topic????)
                            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Is Daniel a purple turnip? And, if so, does that mean purple turnips are sensitive, sexy, and intelligent?

How's that for topic?

Okay, seriously, I'm also liking the way the show is touching on Daniel's capacity for hope. No details here, but both Lockdown and Icon had Daniel mentioning that hope was a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                Is Daniel a purple turnip? And, if so, does that mean purple turnips are sensitive, sexy, and intelligent?
                                Well, if he is, I would say absolutely to that question.
                                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X