Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

DEEEEJ!

:: waves ::

Madeleine

Comment

I think the Asgard should clone Daniel, Jonas and Martouf, so we could each have our very own. A different one for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...I mean to accompany us. Daniel can of course put on a maid's outfit and vaccum. We'd have Jonas in those cute t-shirts that he wears. We could spend hours staring into Martouf's eyes. Swoon! What does everyone else think?

If that doesn't work, I'd settle for becoming a Goa'uld to enslave them so I can make them do whatever I want. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
            I think the Asgard should clone Daniel, Jonas and Martouf, so we could each have our very own. A different one for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...I mean to accompany us. Daniel can of course put on a maid's outfit and vaccum. We'd have Jonas in those cute t-shirts that he wears. We could spend hours staring into Martouf's eyes. Swoon! What does everyone else think?

If that doesn't work, I'd settle for becoming a Goa'uld to enslave them so I can make them do whatever I want. And I mean EVERYTHING.
            Come on over to the MS/DJ thunk thread, we've got clones over there.
            gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

<G>
              I'm expecting this thread to be hoppin' after S9 starts!
              Deej
              Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                Come on over to the MS/DJ thunk thread, we've got clones over there.
                Very nice clones! I visit your site EVERY DAY to drool over MS/Daniel pics. I think he looks the cutest when he meets someone for the 1st time and his eyes and nose crinkle up when he smiles. Kinda like the way he did when he met Katherine's niece. (Pause for fantasy.)

Comment

New question:

Which type of Daniel-centric plotline do you like to see the most? That is, if an episode centers at least partly on Daniel, what do you most like to see?

In my case, I would say it's a tie: I love anything that features the deep relationship (however you choose to interpret that word) between Daniel and Jack. And I love the ascension storyline.

To me, those two things sum up, far more than any of the other great things about the show, why I watch Stargate. The deep friendships between all of the SG team members (but especially Jack and Daniel) is one of the best things about the show. Another is the fact that the show isn't afraid to explore deeper spiritual and ethical stories, and Daniel is at his best when he's growing into someone... more than he was before.

PS - If you haven't checked out the Best Episode Tournament, seasons 1-7, please do so. It's a Survivor-style tournament (least favorites get voted off until only the best remain) that's been going on for about a month, and will be going on for about another four months. Please read the rules carefully before participating - I can't count votes in invalid posts.

Anyway, I didn't want to abuse my position so I didn't post this before, but now other people are recruiting so I feel I can do so as well, just speaking as a regular participant and a Daniel fan. Forever in a Day, Maternal Instinct, Scorched Earth, and Absolute Power have all been getting votes! Please help save the best of the Daniel eps!
                  Last edited by Katerine; 13 July 2005, 07:24 PM. Reason: Deleted a part of the post which I realized was a bit accusatory in its wording.

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Katerine
                    Which type of Daniel-centric plotline do you like to see the most? That is, if an episode centers at least partly on Daniel, what do you most like to see?
                    It's the ascension arc for me. That whole, wonderful through-line that started with opening the Stargate and carried through Sha're to Shifu to Oma and upwards and back again and now forward - the "little orphan in the big universe" story.

It has that little touch of destiny about it that I love so much.

And yet it's so simply and utterly Daniel: The journey may be universal, but the path is uniquely his. Like the best universal stories, it forges a connection, a bond, with the individual and then reaches, hand-in-hand, for the stars.

Daniel's story touches on so many pages from my scrapbook, from the poster that hung on the back of my bedroom door when I was in high school -

A. Understand that change begins with the individual.
                    B. Understand the power of a single action.
                    C. AND YOU ARE HERE

- to the first time my cosy little Presbyterian worldview was confronted with the idea that "the people are the Messiah, I, you, every one of us," to that night we parked the motor home in downtown Toronto and squeezed into the back of the Opera House to hear Mike Scott sing, from the bottom of his toes through his belly over the dancing crowd and out the door into wherever:

"I sighed
                    ...but you SWOONED!
                    I saw the crescent,
                    You saw the whole of the moon."

Variations on an ideal that catches me up by the back of the neck time and time again, that rings so true and seems so simple and can be so bloody hard to live by.

And Daniel does it, and has the grace not to make it look easy, bless him.

The deep friendships between all of the SG team members (but especially Jack and Daniel) is one of the best things about the show.
                    I love the friendship stories as a balancing agent, as much as anything. I love the way Daniel's constant seeking outward and upward, into the past and into the heavens, always leads him deeper into the here and now and into himself, how the farther he flies with "the angels" the more deeply he feels and treasures his humanity (and his human-ness) - and those friendships are the umbilical point.

PS - If you haven't checked out the Best Episode Tournament, seasons 1-7, please do so.
                    My vote for the day is logged.

Anyway, I didn't want to abuse my position so I didn't post this before, but now other people are recruiting so I feel I can do so as well, just speaking as a regular participant and a Daniel fan.
                    "Recruiting?" No!

Hey, what's a friendly head's-up between fans, eh?

Tucker
                    Last edited by Tucker Case; 13 July 2005, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Wow Tucker, you always put it so beautifully-and I have to agree, I love the whole ascension storyline for Daniel. He's been called the voice of morality for the team, and that particular storyline showcases his character so well.
                      gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                        My first post in the new GW has to be in the Daniel thread!!!!! I think my first visit to GW was in the Daniel Shrine. My fave DJ ep is FIAD. I also like AP. His smile and those blue eyes just make me melt.

I do prefer him without the boonie or anything on his head.
                        I prefer him without anything on his head, too. He should show those beautiful locks.

Comment

yeah i agree
                          Sheppard/Weir Forever

Comment

Hey! Another Cheesehead. How many of us are there running around here anyway? Nice to meet you Katerine. Where in WI are you, if you don't mind me asking? I live just S of Milwaukee.

Originally posted by Katerine
                            Hmmm... Well, I could give a Hussy-answer, or I could give a serious answer. I think I'll be nice and give the serious one.

*clears throat* *puts thinking cap on*

Daniel-centric plotlines..... Let's see..... More angst.
                            -Something where Daniel has to make a tough decision, one that he may ultimately regret.
                            -A test to all he believes in.
                            -A life or death decision with someone else's life that only he can make.
                            -A time when the questions and the answers are all muddled. No easy choices. Something very much in the land of the gray.
                            -What decisions has he made in the past that have turned out for the worst? Even though they seemed like the right choices at the time.
                            -Maybe some catching up with characters from previous seasons. Like, how is Sarah doing? Kira? Shifu? Shyla? We don't need a whole ep or anything, but a little follow up would be nice.

He's had to sit on the sidelines watching events unfold around the people he loves. Powerless to do anything about them. However, he doesn't remember much of anything about the helplessness he felt. How many times when he was ascended did he want to do something, but was unable to because of the limitations the others had him under? How many times was he frustrated by the inaction of the powerful beings around him? We got a taste of that in Abyss, Reckoning, and Threads, but I want to know more. As I think Daniel would. "If you were dying of cancer, would you want to know? Or be left in blissful ignorance?" It would be in Daniel's nature to say, "I would want to know".

What wonder-filled, amazement-laden journeys had he taken as an ascended being? Had he witnessed the continuing creation, destruction, and expansion of the universe? What other sentient (joke here) beings had he seen? What other planets? There must have been some positive things happening when he was ascended. No need to focus solely on the negative.

He seems to have kept his memory of being in ascension limbo. How will that affect him from now on? He learned that he seriously broke the rules by trying to fight Anubis. An act which ultimately lead to his "dismissal", and the deaths/ascensions of everyone on Abydos. Will he disbelieve what RepliCarter showed him? Or will he see the truth in what she tried to torture/distract him with? I mean, he knows that he convinced Jack to hand over the Eye of Ra, and that Anubis squelched on the deal, but he didn't know that he had the power to stop Anubis from destroying Abydos. Or at least distract him long enough for Jack and the others to get the people to safety. Presumably Daniel ascended could have done the same thing that Oma ultimately does in Threads. He would have made the sacrifice if the others hadn't stopped him. Though, you could make the argument that Oma was the only one who could've done it, because of her connection to Anubis. But (human, unascended, memory-missing) Daniel wouldn't have known that until after the events in Threads. What will he do with that knowledge? How will it affect him? What else does he remember? So many questions have yet to be answered.

Please help save the best of the Daniel eps!
                            Why? Are they going somewhere? Can I have them if no one wants them?
                            Last edited by GateWarrior; 15 July 2005, 12:15 AM. Reason: too many e's

~ I have a LiveJournal !. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
                              It's the ascension arc for me. That whole, wonderful through-line that started with opening the Stargate and carried through Sha're to Shifu to Oma and upwards and back again and now forward - the "little orphan in the big universe" story.

It has that little touch of destiny about it that I love so much.

And yet it's so simply and utterly Daniel: The journey may be universal, but the path is uniquely his. Like the best universal stories, it forges a connection, a bond, with the individual and then reaches, hand-in-hand, for the stars.

Daniel's story touches on so many pages from my scrapbook, from the poster that hung on the back of my bedroom door when I was in high school -

A. Understand that change begins with the individual.
                              B. Understand the power of a single action.
                              C. AND YOU ARE HERE

- to the first time my cosy little Presbyterian worldview was confronted with the idea that "the people are the Messiah, I, you, every one of us," to that night we parked the motor home in downtown Toronto and squeezed into the back of the Opera House to hear Mike Scott sing, from the bottom of his toes through his belly over the dancing crowd and out the door into wherever:

"I sighed
                              ...but you SWOONED!
                              I saw the crescent,
                              You saw the whole of the moon."

Variations on an ideal that catches me up by the back of the neck time and time again, that rings so true and seems so simple and can be so bloody hard to live by.

And Daniel does it, and has the grace not to make it look easy, bless him.
                              I love the friendship stories as a balancing agent, as much as anything. I love the way Daniel's constant seeking outward and upward, into the past and into the heavens, always leads him deeper into the here and now and into himself, how the farther he flies with "the angels" the more deeply he feels and treasures his humanity (and his human-ness) - and those friendships are the umbilical point.

Tucker
                              As always Tucker, I love the way you put words together, and I can do nothing but agree with what you said.

Sam said it best in Fallen. (paraphrased) "Daniel, you're the type of person who wants to help others so badly, that it tears you up inside when you can't." (actually, that might be really close to dead-on.) That pretty much sums it up. That's what I love about him, and that's more of what I want to see. His self-sacrificing nature. His willingness to put his life on the line for people he doesn't even know. (I think Sam said that too.)

I also want to see how Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam pull together now that Jack is busy elsewhere. To see how they integrate Mitchell into the group. How will having a new member of SG1 affect the dynamics of their friendships? Will they be able to relate to Mitchell? Will he be able to relate to them? Yep, can't wait for s9 to start.

~ I have a LiveJournal !. ~

Comment

Originally posted by GateWarrior
                                Hey! Another Cheesehead. How many of us are there running around here anyway? Nice to meet you Katerine. Where in WI are you, if you don't mind me asking? I live just S of Milwaukee.

I'm half-cheesehead. Does that count?
                                thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Working...
                                X