No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can pretty much rule out any mention of Daniel's ascension. (Er, Daniel might get to say, "When I was ascen-" before getting cut off by a mass invasion of whatever enemy earth is supposed to be fighting these days, just so that they can say that yes, they did mention his ascension)
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      CJ's writing an ep. So far it's been 2/2 for Daniel having a decent part. Not necessarily a large one, but a good one both times, an in-character one both times, an active role both times and a totally pivotal one in the first.
      I don't think that anyone, and yourself included in this!, expects a good Daniel episode to be one in which he's the lead. He can be second, third or even fourth, and it could still be a good episode for Daniel. And that's something that can be said for any of the characters. It just depends on how he's used and written. But given that they didn't know how to write and use a minimal Jack, I just don't know....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MegTDJ
        I thought Daniel was just a guest character in that, Sam's boyfriend or something. Next time I remember noticing him was in 100 Days, when I thought, "Oh, so there are 4 people on the team." When I saw the scene between him and Jack in Shades of Grey, I thought, "Man, that guy can ACT!! I wonder what his name is..."

That a detailed enough account?
        This is funny, because the first episode I saw of Stargate was Need, and I liked Daniel right away, but the way it ended made me think that he was actually staying with Shayla (how dense of me ), so I didn't think it was worth it to continue watching if I wasn't going to see him again. So I didn't, until I read a crossover fanfic two years later that made me realize that Daniel was actually part of the team, so I started watching again and I haven't left. End of boring story.
        Chachu

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          I think we can pretty much rule out any mention of Daniel's ascension.
          This made me think of the fact that TPTB still don't know what to write for the four members of the team, so they keep wallpapering Daniel and Teal'c, with the occasional jaffa or Osiris token episode and solved the problem for Sam letting her become the chick.

So maybe it would be a good idea for the Daniel fans to star writing TPTB and give them some idea for plots.

I know fans write TPTB for many reasons, I don't know if someone ever wrote them to give ideas for actual episodes plots.

I know they already shot half of season 8, but there's still time.

Comment

TBTB wouldn't be allowed to even read the letters, much less use the ideas. Legal whatnots.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by chachu64
              This is funny, because the first episode I saw of Stargate was Need, and I liked Daniel right away, but the way it ended made me think that he was actually staying with Shayla (how dense of me ), so I didn't think it was worth it to continue watching if I wasn't going to see him again. So I didn't, until I read a crossover fanfic two years later that made me realize that Daniel was actually part of the team, so I started watching again and I haven't left. End of boring story.
              *gasp* can't believe you missed out on so much! Glad you found out eventually though.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                TBTB wouldn't be allowed to even read the letters, much less use the ideas. Legal whatnots.
                What do you mean?
                That they're not allowed to read letters with ideas for an episode or letters in general?
                That's not true.

Comment

Daniels just the humanitarian in the team which is what I like about him
                  Does he have the special gene like Jack which allows him to use ancients technology.....I hope so

Comment

Minor Spoiler for Season 8
                    My hope is that since Pete will still be around next season up to at least episode 8 that TPTB will back off of the overt ship and focus on the other characters. I don't like the overt ship while Sam is in a relationship with another man. Hopefully TPTB will take some time in the next season to re-establish the Jack/Daniel friendship that seemed to be lacking last season. And to maybe give Teal'c some more lines.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Is season 8 gonna be about relashonship building? I thought they would be focussing on other aspects of the show being their last season in all likelyhood. Just hope for some more archaeology with Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
                        Is season 8 gonna be about relashonship building? I thought they would be focussing on other aspects of the show being their last season in all likelyhood. Just hope for some more archaeology with Daniel
                        I sure hope for more archaeology AND more Daniel...but then I also studied it, so I'm slightly prejudiced.

btw, thor39, Wales is a great place - I lived there for a year...and worked for an Egyptian museum

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                        ~CELLO!~
                        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
                          Daniels just the humanitarian in the team which is what I like about him
                          Does he have the special gene like Jack which allows him to use ancients technology.....I hope so
                          I know this seems like a little, insignificant thing, and no doubt it appears that way to many people, including the writers of the series, but I have to say that if this turns out to be the case, given Daniel's history with the ancients in the form of the ascended, it will seem so utterly insulting to the character that for me it will be the straw that will break the camel's back. I can't see myself ever tuning in for another new episode if Daniel's character is belittled by not allowing him this one thing.

Not unless they allow him something else in return to acknowledge his relationship with the ascended.

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                            btw, thor39, Wales is a great place - I lived there for a year...and worked for an Egyptian museum
                            Thanx not many people know where it is, but I won't be here all my life Plus Daniel mentions it in 2001

Now you think about it that's what Stargate has all been about ties with other races and itself to better combat the enemies..makeing any sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              Minor Spoiler for Season 8
                              My hope is that since Pete will still be around next season up to at least episode 8 that TPTB will back off of the overt ship and focus on the other characters. I don't like the overt ship while Sam is in a relationship with another man. Hopefully TPTB will take some time in the next season to re-establish the Jack/Daniel friendship that seemed to be lacking last season. And to maybe give Teal'c some more lines.
                              I wouldn't hold my breath, Pete is Jack's replacement to put the ship even more over.
                              Anyway I really don't see why to have the Jack and Daniel friendship we have to hope for less ship.
                              Daniel is one important member of the team and his friendship with Jack is very important, they are the two characters that started the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnoliaAnaglypta
                                I know this seems like a little, insignificant thing, and no doubt it appears that way to many people, including the writers of the series, but I have to say that if this turns out to be the case, given Daniel's history with the ancients in the form of the ascended, it will seem so utterly insulting to the character that for me it will be the straw that will break the camel's back. I can't see myself ever tuning in for another new episode if Daniel's character is belittled by not allowing him this one thing.

Not unless they allow him something else in return to acknowledge his relationship with the ascended.
                                Magnolia, I think I agree wholeheartedly. You do mean it will seem so utterly insulting to NOT allow Daniel to have that sort of connection with the Ancients/Ascended considering his history with them right?(it's a little hard to tell for me from how it is worded). If it is, I agree.

It is such an insult and belittlement to not have Daniel's relationship to this acknowledged and made a significant part of the plot arcs regarding the Ancients/Ascended while transferring everything over to Jack with his "special genes" Jack's got the freakin' Asgard in his pocket already, this is just a little ridiculous. They will have literally stolen his unique story arc and given it to someone else(just like they've stolen numerous other things over the years and transferred them off to other people).

Comment

Working...
                                X