No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooooh yes, party! So he's going to be 34 this year. Still just a baby (I'm 37, but still, 34 sounds so young to me now!).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
      ooooh yes, party! So he's going to be 34 this year. Still just a baby (I'm 37, but still, 34 sounds so young to me now!).
      Were the same age.... Hey if Demi Moore can go for a guy half her age, we can go for a guy just a couple years younger.
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

At a convention, MS said he'd always assumed (and played) Daniel was his own age. I've always assumed Daniel was younger than what he said in 1969, espcially since it contradicted, somewhat, what he said in FIAD.

In 1969 (it's August) he says he was 4 1/2 years old.

In FIAD he says his birthday is July 8.

You aren't "and a half" in August if you're birthday is in JULY! I decided (for my own personal enjoyment) that Daniel was simply trying to make Jack not feel 'old.'

<G>
        Dana Jeanne
        Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
          At a convention, MS said he'd always assumed (and played) Daniel was his own age. I've always assumed Daniel was younger than what he said in 1969, espcially since it contradicted, somewhat, what he said in FIAD.

In 1969 (it's August) he says he was 4 1/2 years old.

In FIAD he says his birthday is July 8.

You aren't "and a half" in August if you're birthday is in JULY! I decided (for my own personal enjoyment) that Daniel was simply trying to make Jack not feel 'old.'

<G>
          Dana Jeanne
          Good point, DJ, in fact, looking at his birthdate, his mum would've been 4 1/2 months pregnant in July 1969. Maybe that's where the number came from.

Comment

This has long been a debate in fandom! I prefer to go with the fact that he was just pulling a rough number out of his head in response to Jack.

However, regardless of which of the two scenarios is correct, he would have had to have been born in 1965 or close to that year. I'm not sure I can figure out why his mother would have been four and a half months pregnant in 1969, unless you're going with MS's birthday, which is in 1970?

Although Michael has said that he played Daniel close to his own age, that's just a comment on his acting, not on Daniel's actual age. The character was established in the movie, and the fact is that in order to get the PHD's and the experience he's meant to have had, he could not have been 25 in Season 1! That would mean that the events in the movie, which were meant to have occured a year ealier, took place when Daniel was only 24. Not enough time to build up the academic and professional creditenials necessary to get a whole lecture room of his peers to turn up on a rainy day to listen to him give a lecture.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I can figure out why his mother would have been four and a half months pregnant in 1969, unless you're going with MS's birthday, which is in 1970?
              Sorry, that IS what I meant. My bad.

Comment

According to Teryl, Daniel sleeps on the right, and left his glasses on her bedside table.....

She did say that if janet had been allowed to live, then maybe janet and daniel would have go together, then there was definitely a spark there.
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

whoa definitely a spark there. If there was going to be a male/female pairing for Daniel, I'd have loved it to have been Janet. I think the chemisty was quite strong there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                    According to Teryl, Daniel sleeps on the right, and left his glasses on her bedside table.....

She did say that if janet had been allowed to live, then maybe janet and daniel would have go together, then there was definitely a spark there.

you know i thought her other fav actor had the right side of the bed which is the actor who played picard in NG and that is why daniel had the left side of the bed and why his glasses where there
                    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Can we please change the subject? This is making me queasy.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                        Can we please change the subject? This is making me queasy.
                        okay....change the subject. Has anyone else here had strange nightmare concerning the similarities between our Danny and Milo from The animated disney movie Atlantis.With the Stargate Alantis thing that makes it very confusing.....

Comment

Although Michael has said that he played Daniel close to his own age, that's just a comment on his acting, not on Daniel's actual age. The character was established in the movie, and the fact is that in order to get the PHD's and the experience he's meant to have had, he could not have been 25 in Season 1! That would mean that the events in the movie, which were meant to have occured a year ealier, took place when Daniel was only 24. Not enough time to build up the academic and professional creditenials necessary to get a whole lecture room of his peers to turn up on a rainy day to listen to him give a lecture.
                          Well, he started college when he was 16, and he IS a genius, and .... so it's *possible*, but not very probable, you're right. James Spader looked about 30 in the movie, too.

So as much as I hate to admit it, I suppose Daniel will be turning 40 next July 8th. Unless.... do you think he lost a year while he was ascended????

Can you tell I just don't want him to hit 40?

Dana Jeanne
                          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

too true! He most certainly did lose a year while ascended didn't he? What will you guys be doing at Solutions and OS - will it be 39 or 40 birthday celebrations next year (never too early to plan a party!).

What's wrong with turning 40? As long as you don't look it! I'm quite looking forward to it. I have no problems with the decade years. I have breakdowns over birthdays with 9 in them though. I went to peices when I turned 29, so I guess 39 is going to be worse. Except this time I'll have a year old baby to keep me young! Not to mention too occupied no doubt to angst over it.

It is hard to accept Daniel as 40 though when he just so plainly doesn't look it. If anything he looks even younger than Micheal's 34 years. I think that to me he'll always be that perennial 30 he was in the movie. That's the great thing about fictional characters isn't it! He never does need to grow old.
                            sigpic

Comment

Too right. Maggie Simpson's been ten months old for about twenty years now.

Madeleine

Comment

too true! He most certainly did lose a year while ascended didn't he? What will you guys be doing at Solutions and OS - will it be 39 or 40 birthday celebrations next year (never too early to plan a party!).

What's wrong with turning 40? As long as you don't look it! I'm quite looking forward to it. I have no problems with the decade years. I have breakdowns over birthdays with 9 in them though. I went to peices when I turned 29, so I guess 39 is going to be worse. Except this time I'll have a year old baby to keep me young! Not to mention too occupied no doubt to angst over it.

It is hard to accept Daniel as 40 though when he just so plainly doesn't look it. If anything he looks even younger than Micheal's 34 years. I think that to me he'll always be that perennial 30 he was in the movie. That's the great thing about fictional characters isn't it! He never does need to grow old.
                                I don't think there's anything wrong with turning 40. But then again, I won't reach that for a little over 2 years. My husband is just shy of 43, but doesn't look like he's in his fourties.

I don't have a problem with Daniel turning 40. I don't really consider what his age is while I'm watching the show. (Perhaps that's because I'm too busy thunking, but that's for another thread. )
                                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X