No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too agree that it was not the brightest scheduling choice. I do realize that Sha're had technically been lost to Daniel for 3 years but there had still been the hope that they could find her and remove the symbiote and Daniel remained faithful to her. Here you had this incredible episode in which Daniel is forced to come to terms with the fact that he's not going to get Sha're back and it's emotional and wrenching and then directly afterwards he hooks up with someone else.

As far as Kira goes, I didn't mind her and I thought that the whole Kira/Linea/what makes a person evil story was quite interesting. And I don't for a second think that anything other than a kiss went on in that room.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

If it had been months after Sha're's death and he was attracted to someone else I could understand it better. Of course, I'm of the Daniel/Sha're OTP mindset, so it's hard to see him with anyone else.

They have never worked another woman into Daniel's live. I believe the motto is if you're in the SGC, you must have no personal life.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
        If it had been months after Sha're's death and he was attracted to someone else I could understand it better. Of course, I'm of the Daniel/Sha're OTP mindset, so it's hard to see him with anyone else.
        I've never been fond of romance in action/adventure/drama/whetever shows, and I probably wouldn't have enjoyed Daniel/Sha're if they'd saved her and she'd become a regular (not to mention that I much prefer the movie actress in the role rather than VB). I've no clue why, but I'm more of a buddy-team person. Like, I read the Hardy Boys rather than Nancy Drew <G>

Originally posted by LMichelle
        They have never worked another woman into Daniel's live. I believe the motto is if you're in the SGC, you must have no personal life. Lisa Michelle
        LOL-- it sure seems that way doesn't it? I'm bit sure I'd want to see another woman in his life. On the one hand, I hate that he's alone and I think that everyone should have that one person who's the other half of thier soul. On the other hand, I probably wouldn't like it if I had to watch it! Go figure.

Yes, I know I'm weird.

DJ
        Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

I don't have a problem with the timing of Kiera.

Ever the lazybones, I'm just going to c&p what I put in the Past Present thread:

It's not uncommon for people who are bereaved with a lot of notice to 'move on' more quickly than those who lose their partner suddenly. My next door neighbour, my uncle, Paul McCartney and Nigella Lawson, each totally devoted to their partners for many many years, all remarried or got seriously reattatched within a year of losing their partners to cancer. It doesn't speak to me of lack of respect or love for the deceased, but of them having done their grieving and mourning before the death, and with the support of their partner. It might well be an easier way to mourn, and leave the survivor more ready to heal.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            I don't have a problem with the timing of Kiera.
            It's not uncommon for people who are bereaved with a lot of notice to 'move on' more quickly than those who lose their partner suddenly. My next door neighbour, my uncle, Paul McCartney and Nigella Lawson, each totally devoted to their partners for many many years, all remarried or got seriously reattatched within a year of losing their partners to cancer. It doesn't speak to me of lack of respect or love for the deceased, but of them having done their grieving and mourning before the death, and with the support of their partner. It might well be an easier way to mourn, and leave the survivor more ready to heal.
            That's a good point, Madeleine, I hadn't thought of that. I'd still have liked at least one episode between them, but it makes perfect sense the way you explained it.
            Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

So. As this is the Daniel Discussion and *Appreciation* Thread, what is it about Daniel that you appreciate most?

If he's your favorite character, what made you choose him?

Would you still love him if he wasn't such a blue-eyed, handsome hunk?

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                So. As this is the Daniel Discussion and *Appreciation* Thread, what is it about Daniel that you appreciate most?

Dana Jeanne
                My favorite trait about Daniel is that he is not afraid of his convictions. He stands up for his beliefs even if they go against the majority. He is also the most compasionate .

Comment

I appreciate his kindness the most. That wonderful innocent kindness.

I didn't really choose him to be my favorite, he just kind of became. I have a passing interest in ancient Egypt and may moons ago, thought it would be fun to be an archeaologost.

perhaps, but I guess we'll never know for sure.
                  No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Dana Jeanne
                    I think the thing that I appreciate most about Daniel is his spirit. What I mean by that, is Daniel acts as the voice of reason for the team in many situations, he's the one that looks at everything from all sides. He asks the questions that no one else would think of (refer to "The Other Side). But at the same time he can appreciate the "military" side of things when needed and can handled himself in a combate situation (espically now) as well as just about anyone else. Also, Daniel has never been afraid to allow his emotions show, that's something I greatly admire in a man, (too many men fight to hard to hide emotion and that's just not good in my book)

I think my statements above have everything to do with why he's my favorite character ( but Michael Shanks' looks didn't hurt either)

As for the last part of that queston....yep probably, I just love the character that much.

Comment

I really like his humanity and his compassion. Also his brain. There's just something about knowing how much brilliance is floating around in that brain of his that makes me like him even more. He's so brilliant and yet he never acts like a know-it-all.

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

I love how he won't go down without a fight, in defence of his ideals or his life. Gotta love tenacity.

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                          I love how he won't go down without a fight, in defence of his ideals or his life. Gotta love tenacity.
                          Sometimes he reminds me of those posters you see of cats hanging on to the end of a rope with one little claw... not going down without a fight, nosiree!

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Sometimes he reminds me of those posters you see of cats hanging on to the end of a rope with one little claw... not going down without a fight, nosiree!

Dana Jeanne
                            The image I had was of a drawing I saw once of a waterbird with a frog half-way down its gullet but the frog's little hands are locked around the bird's neck! LOL!

I love in Affinity
                            Spoiler:
                            after he finishes the translation and they get put up against the wall he turns around but doesn't say, "if you're going to shoot me, you're going to have to do it to my face."
                            What. A. Man!!!

Comment

That scene in Affinity-- I always wonder what exactly he must have been thinking at that moment.

I think i have too much empathy for fictional characters; when Daniel was dying in Meridian I kept wondering how he must be feeling. It made me hurt!

I need a life, I know.

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

I think his sensitivity. The way he isn't afraid to be sensitive, and doesn't need to be uber macho.

I've always had a thing for sweet, sensitive, hunky geeks. And, the whumpage factor doesn't hurt

Dana Jeanne
                                Well, not physically, but I'd still love his character.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X