No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's episode is Icon. Sounds like it should be a good Daniel episode (I've been doing my best to remain as spoiler free as possible, not even reading what the folks in the States thought about the eps that have aired).
    sigpic

Comment

Then I'll be nice and not say anything, Gipsy. I'll just wait until after you watched to discuss the episode. Can't wait to hear what you think. (By the way, when will that be? I'm bad about time zones. It's currently 5:42 here in Washington State.)
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

well it is currently ten to two in the afternoon here in the UK. And I want my lunch!

DanaJeanne - I think I was getting my eps muddled before. Lockdown is the one with the Russian guy in it right, and the one I mentioned earlier is Zero Hour.

With Lockdown, wow, that was definitely some chat Jack and Daniel must have had later on! It was one of those 'WHAT' moments for me, I nearly leapt out of my chair.
        sigpic

Comment

Want to see how Daniel's changed through the years? Go here:

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/...stargate.shtml

There's a photo for every year and it's really neat to look at Season 1 and then season 8 and see how he's 'grown up.' I've never really noticed it before.

DJ
          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
            well it is currently ten to two in the afternoon here in the UK. And I want my lunch!
            I'm guessing it's closer to tea-time now! I can hardly wait to hear what you think of Icon. I had mixed feelings about it, although I loved being inundated with Daniel!

DanaJeanne - I think I was getting my eps muddled before. Lockdown is the one with the Russian guy in it right, and the one I mentioned earlier is Zero Hour.
            Yes, Lockdown had the Russian. I liked the scenes between him and daniel a lot.

With Lockdown, wow, that was definitely some chat Jack and Daniel must have had later on! It was one of those 'WHAT' moments for me, I nearly leapt out of my chair.
            No kidding. I haven't seen any fanfic for it, yet, so I started my own. I'm a very slow writer though, and really prefer reading other people's stuff, rather than my own, LOL

DJ

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

I stopped reading fanfic over a year ago as it was playing games with my mind (I stopped when I was watching episodes and wondering why they'd cut 'scenes' out, when of course they hadn't, just that the fanfic was so real I couldn't figure out what was real and what was fanfic!).

But if you do finish your fic, please post the link in here and I will read it!

Which reminds me, has anyone read any really good Daniel fic lately? Even though I'm abstaining, I know a lot of folks aren't!
              sigpic

Comment

I stopped reading fanfic over a year ago as it was playing games with my mind (I stopped when I was watching episodes and wondering why they'd cut 'scenes' out, when of course they hadn't, just that the fanfic was so real I couldn't figure out what was real and what was fanfic!).
                I know what you mean. Since I didn't watch S6, other than the three episodes with Daniel, I spent a lot of time reading fanfic. Then along came S7, Daniel was back, and the episodes seemed... different. I'd been so immersed in fic that I'd forgotten the actual show!

Which reminds me, has anyone read any really good Daniel fic lately? Even though I'm abstaining, I know a lot of folks aren't!
                A good start is www.danielfic.com. It has lots and lots of Daniel-centric stories and links to more.

Time for lunch.
                DJ

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Yep, Danielfic.com is a good place to start. However, I love the way the fic is organized here and how you can search for the pairings you want. There's not enough Danielfic, IMO. Or Daniel/Sha're fic, but I'm attempting to remedy that situation.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                    Yep, Danielfic.com is a good place to start. However, I love the way the fic is organized here and how you can search for the pairings you want. There's not enough Danielfic, IMO. Or Daniel/Sha're fic, but I'm attempting to remedy that situation. Lisa Michelle
                    Definately not enough Danielfic here, I agree. You'll find a lot of Daniel-centric stories at both sg1HC.com (there are also slash stories there, so make sure you read the warnings) and also at stargatefan.com. Both of them are also very team-centric.

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                      Definately not enough Danielfic here, I agree. You'll find a lot of Daniel-centric stories at both sg1HC.com (there are also slash stories there, so make sure you read the warnings) and also at stargatefan.com. Both of them are also very team-centric.

Dana Jeanne
                      maybe we need to get a daniel fic drive going!

Going off topic (sorry) - you never saw Redemption 1&2 then? How are you liking the Mackay character in Atlantis? I wonder how people take to him if they haven't seen those two episodes (and the kiss that turned me into a total Sam/Mackay fan).

Back on topic - hoping to catch Icon tonight. I missed it last night as I didn't get to leave work until 9pm. Will give you all a full rundown on what I thought tommorrow!
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay. Sigh. So I kind of watched S6 with half an eyeball. I did see Mckay in Redemption; I like him better on SG than SGA-- I'm finding that I dislike him there.

-- eagerly waiting your opinion of Icon!!!

DJ

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Did anyone watch Forever In A Day last night? Poor Daniel. Poor Sha're.
                          I believe he still blames himself for what happened to her. He mentioned in the ep something like all this technology we have and we couldn't help her. Also in Meridian when he was looking at her picture, he said: "I had the chance to life my life with her, but couldn't leave it alone. What happened to her was my fault." So much Daniel Angst.

I love angst. But I usually resolve it in my stories.

Comment

I watched it. And yeah, I feel sorry for Sha're and Daniel. He has had so much happen to him, it's little wonder why he was reluctant to ascend in Meridian.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

FIAD always makes me cry, so I don't watch it very often. It's so SAD- -for everyone involved. Poor Daniel, I feel so bad for him, he really deserves a break. It's been, what, five years now? He should have someone to love him.

DJ

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Well, I guess we'll just have to see if his relationship with Sarah develops at all.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X