No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed he did, I definitely second your wish.
    sigpic

Comment

Another outstanding piece of work by fignewton on Dreamwidth again...

http://fignewton.dreamwidth.org/1672...d=1#cmt2256177

Beautifully crafted insight into Daniel once again....

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Yeah, amazing story!
        sigpic

Comment

Hey my fellow Daniel lovers there is a Daniel ep contest that I started a while back that got ressurected and all the ep are mostly at 0 let's see how the eps get rated now as Daniel's best and favorite.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...pisode/page237
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Some amazing drabbles up at Dreamwidth which delve into the wonderful characterisation that is Daniel Jackson...a MUST for all Daniel fans...go read, enjoy, give feedback and love to this group of very talented writers...

http://fignewton.dreamwidth.org/1777...d=1#cmt2288683

Deeds xx
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Deeds!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks indeed Deeds!
                sigpic

Comment

It's been a few years since I watched all of SG-1, so I'm really enjoying a DVD marathon at the moment.

I've just finished Season 5 and am on to early Season 6 with Jonas Quinn. He's OK, but I miss Daniel. Stupid ascension! Although I do remember that Daniel comes back from the dead at some point. Hooray for sci-fi that allows such things!

I wasn't following SG-1 online when it first aired, so I'm out of the loop on the production and background politics. I'm curious. Does anyone know why Michael Shanks took a season (or more) off? Did his contract end after 100 episodes, and he chose to do other work? Or did the producers decide to write him out and then realise that they needed him back. What's the scoop?

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    Another outstanding piece of work by fignewton on Dreamwidth again...

http://fignewton.dreamwidth.org/1672...d=1#cmt2256177

Beautifully crafted insight into Daniel once again....

Deeds xx
                    That was wonderful! So sad and beautiful.
                    If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

So I'm wondering, is mashing up clips of Daniel Jackson to A Tribe Called Quest's "Butter" a good idea?

Asking because I tried it before and I haven't gotten the results I expected; what about you guys?
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

I initially fell in love with Daniel, as a character, in the film. Mostly because I wanted to be him. I was twelve, and quite into Egyptology, Archaeology and history so I was pretty much in awe of him. Then I watched SG-1 a few years later, and was still all in awe of him. At the time I was all 'he can speak lots of languages, knows lots and has a hot wife' but my appreciation for his deeper character grew as I got older, then as I watched more. I also saw his flaws early on too, which I'm a big fan of. Good people and geniuses always have huge flaws about them, so I was always quite impressed with the big brain/human flaws thing.

Comment

That's what I love about Daniel too.....the flaws are there, which most definitely go with those possessed of incredibly high IQ, genius and who have a tendency to focus on one thing whilst not necessarily behaving in the way us "normal" people do.....

I watched the film yesterday and it brought back the fact that it was Daniel who "opened the riddle to the Stargate", something that was quite often conveniently forgotten in the series - as was his genius played down sometimes in favour of more, shall we say, "scientific worship"

Something captured me from the very first moment about the character and thanks to both Spader's sterling portrayal in the film and then Michael Shanks' simply perfect continuation to build on something so complex and exciting, it has kept me a fan for around 10 years on and off now...

Welcome to this thread btw....it's nice to see it up and running again...

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

I've always been attracted to geeks, intelligence is remarkably sexy. And it helps if the outside package is good looking too.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Having been a fan of Daniel for a good ten years, I suppose he's stuck in my mind a bit more than others. I even find him really hot, and I'm into the ladies.

I've always been amused/appreciative of his little rants and tantrums too. One of the ones in the earlier series' sticks in my mind, can't remember which episode. He was having an argument with Jack and he was flailing his arms around and jumped up and down on the spot. Forever makes me lol

Comment

Hiya, Aeron,

The episode with the temper tantrum was in Season Two, One False Step (the one with the naked, plant symbiotic aliens) and I agree, it was great fun.

SG1 was blessed with a slew of interesting characters, but Daniel was a stand out for me too.

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X