No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yeah, very true! although wasn't jack very drunk too? although not sure alien moonshine counts as any form of excuse!

daniel's just so much sweeter lol

kay x

Comment

Jack had eaten the drugged marriage cake so yeah he probably can't be held acountable for that either.

Daniel is much sweeter. He needs a girl friend since the last time he was with anyone (in an intimate situation) was Past and Present (season 3).
      sigpic
      thanks Stef
      Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Unless you count Vala in Prometheus Unbound, lol. And 'intimate situation' - i like your phrasing Maeve. Haha, the look on his face in Bounty when
        Spoiler:

the bounty hunter tries to whisk him away to somewhere alone... it goes from flattered... puzzled... disinterested... oh she's definitely trying to kill me loved it.
        The women at the SGC are clearly blind. They're letting this sweet, pretty man out into the world and he doesn't even know how attractive he is...
        Or the choice of jeans and tee says otherwise, lol.

kay x

Comment

Happy B-Day
          JessM
          Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I hope you have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!!
          I really hope Daniel will be in third series MS deserves to be a lead.
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

JESS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
              Unless you count Vala in Prometheus Unbound, lol. And 'intimate situation' - i like your phrasing Maeve. kay x
              I was trying to figure out how to phrase it for a PG forum.=)
              sigpic
              thanks Stef
              Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by strider6 View Post
                I read that AT will be in 14 SGA episodes, which will be filmed out of order to accomodate her SG-1 filming schedule. I also read that CJ has been signed to guest on 1 episode. I'm hoping MS does at least one ep. Certainly Daniel could have a role in Atlantis.
                Ah, thanks Strider! I couldn't remember if it was 14 or 16. I think I remember hearing that about CJ too. It will be interesting to see what he'll be doing. I know MS has said time and again that he won't be appearing on SGA, but I hope that he does make at least one appearance myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                  1. I love BanDaniel and BoonieDaniel equally.
                  2. I'll take both please.

The thing I apriciate about Daniel is his stand to try to do everything the right way before resulting to vilolence. Not to mention his faithfulness to his wife in early seasons. (With two notable exceptions when he wasn't in his right mind. He really can't be blamed for those anyway.)
                  1. What she said!

2. Hmm.... that is a toughie. I love both, but I think the Indiana Jones-like archy guy edges out action!Jackson just a bit. I also loved how he was faithful to his wife. I can imagine how he must have felt during those two exceptions, especially the one from Need. I wonder if there are any fics out there that address the guilt he must have felt after what he said (the "HAD a wife... I mean, how long am I supposed to wait?" speech he gave Sam in her lab after they got back).

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    Happy B-Day
                    JessM
                    Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I hope you have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!!
                    I really hope Daniel will be in third series MS deserves to be a lead.
                    JESS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

kay x
                    Aw, thanks guys!! I had a nice, relaxing day.

It would be great to see MS in the third series I agree, although they keep saying it's an unfounded rumor. I'd love to see him do some appearances on Atlantis (as I said a couple of posts ago) even though he keeps saying it won't happen (fingers crossed though!! ).

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                      Aw, thanks guys!! I had a nice, relaxing day.
                      Wicked. You totally deserve it.

I know! I was so sad when it was just a rumour. As well as the character, MS deserves a leading role - he's proved he's capable of it time and time again.

Yeah, that was the line I knew when he was not himself in that ep - I don't know if he ever said it explicitly but the answer to his question throughout the series was "How long am I supposed to wait? However long it takes..."

In Forever In A Day, much as I was never a huge fan of the Sha're character in herself, their final goodbye in the tent when he's in the vision and they kiss was so very ... in love, I guess, that it was the most human and passionate Sha're ever was. I always wanted them to explore that strength a bit more, the way she kicked and screamed in Children of the Gods, the way she tries so hard and does something so unprecedented in FIAD ... basically, I always wanted them to really spell out exactly what made her Daniel's equal and why he was so devoted to her. That imbalance was why I was a Sam/Daniel 'shipper early on, Sam just seemed so much more equal to him.

kay x

Comment

On a totally random topic of conversation:

Does Daniel ever Kel'no'reem with Teal'c before season 7.4 "Orpheus"?
                        sigpic
                        thanks Stef
                        Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

I know! I was so sad when it was just a rumour. As well as the character, MS deserves a leading role - he's proved he's capable of it time and time again.

Yeah, that was the line I knew when he was not himself in that ep - I don't know if he ever said it explicitly but the answer to his question throughout the series was "How long am I supposed to wait? However long it takes..."

In Forever In A Day, much as I was never a huge fan of the Sha're character in herself, their final goodbye in the tent when he's in the vision and they kiss was so very ... in love, I guess, that it was the most human and passionate Sha're ever was. I always wanted them to explore that strength a bit more, the way she kicked and screamed in Children of the Gods, the way she tries so hard and does something so unprecedented in FIAD ... basically, I always wanted them to really spell out exactly what made her Daniel's equal and why he was so devoted to her.
                          I agree with you. Did you see the movie that shows how they met. The series takes place 1 year after the movie so they had 1 year together.
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Yeah, I saw it. And it honestly didn't excite me so very terribly much as I love James Spader I much prefer RDA to brush-top man whose name I cannot summon

In... Fallen, I think Maeve. Or no, he interrupts the kel'no'reem in Fallen or Homecoming.

kay x

Comment

Wicked. You totally deserve it.

In Forever In A Day, much as I was never a huge fan of the Sha're character in herself, their final goodbye in the tent when he's in the vision and they kiss was so very ... in love, I guess, that it was the most human and passionate Sha're ever was. I always wanted them to explore that strength a bit more, the way she kicked and screamed in Children of the Gods, the way she tries so hard and does something so unprecedented in FIAD ... basically, I always wanted them to really spell out exactly what made her Daniel's equal and why he was so devoted to her. That imbalance was why I was a Sam/Daniel 'shipper early on, Sam just seemed so much more equal to him.

kay x
                              Thanks

I agree, it would be great to see MS have a lead role in something.

I don't remember him saying it explicitly either, but that does sound like the answer to me. The only thing I can think of is when he was dying in Ma'chello's body and he spoke to Ma'chello in his own body. Even though he was in such grave condition, he was still focused on getting her back. Ma'chello said to him, "Even if you had this body, you will never find her" and he replied with a firm "I WILL FIND HER, I WILL FIND HER."

That's a pretty good point. I remember Daniel saying that Sha're was a fighter to Kendra in Thor's Hammer, that she possesses this strength. The Sha're from the movie showed that she cared for Daniel and was pretty inquisitive regarding the story about Ra and wanting to rise up against him. She tried to protect Daniel at one point too (I just watched the DVD yesterday LOL and I agree with you about brush-top man... one of my friends once said his hair resembled the toilet brush in their bathroom ).

But anyway I agree, there didn't seem to be much to show how she was Daniel's equal.

Comment

Except, really, the fact that Daniel felt she was, which may be the most important thing I guess. And how refreshing she was - she didn't see him as brilliant or intimidating (Children of the Gods, his convo with Jack at his house).

That was the one let down in Secrets, I thought. They portrayed Daniel brilliantly, but I thought Sha're would have a little more faith in him than to think he'd stopped loving her. I guess it's a thing in a patriarchal society where the men rule and the women are ruled.

kay x

Comment

Working...
                                X