No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was checking the website SaveDanielJackson.com and I went to the history section and read all the stuff from the time MS quit read all the interviews and it answered some ?s I had. Having gone through my marathons I can say Ep that Daniel centric were better than NID ones they have more depth and that is because of MS.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Just watched Morpheus and my god, it was good old Historian Geek overenthusiastic Daniel time again!!! I loved that. There should be more of that. Anyone?
      => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy O'NeiLL View Post
        Just watched Morpheus and my god, it was good old Historian Geek overenthusiastic Daniel time again!!! I loved that. There should be more of that. Anyone?

Welcome Ozzy!...and yes I agree, there should.....after all as we get older there's nothing like doing the work we have trained and studied for to keep the brain in gear.....I'd imagine that Daniel would hate to feel he was "stagnating" as his time is taken up with far more military "stuff" as opposed to his "meaning of life" stuff....

I think it's great that when Daniel does get the chance to delve into history, culture, etc, he becomes that wide eyed, enthusiastic, young geek all over again - albeit in an older, and (shallow moment here ) far buffer body now...

We can't avoid change, physically or emotionally but it's nice to have moments when we can revert back to the innocence that is often masked by growing older, with the cynicism and despair it can bring.....

Oooo...profound for me on a Sunday evening......I'm usually in far shallower waters at this time of night!....

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
          Welcome Ozzy!...and yes I agree, there should.....after all as we get older there's nothing like doing the work we have trained and studied for to keep the brain in gear.....I'd imagine that Daniel would hate to feel he was "stagnating" as his time is taken up with far more military "stuff" as opposed to his "meaning of life" stuff....

I think it's great that when Daniel does get the chance to delve into history, culture, etc, he becomes that wide eyed, enthusiastic, young geek all over again - albeit in an older, and (shallow moment here ) far buffer body now...

We can't avoid change, physically or emotionally but it's nice to have moments when we can revert back to the innocence that is often masked by growing older, with the cynicism and despair it can bring.....

Oooo...profound for me on a Sunday evening......I'm usually in far shallower waters at this time of night!....

Deeds xx
          haha well i'm here now - the shallow count usually ups when i think of those baby blues...

Anyway *cough cough* God yes, the Daniel plots vs NID NO competition. None. NID=bored bored bored, seen it everywhere else before, why bother... Daniel= genuinely original character, please use more of him. They aren't too bad about it in s9 and s10 - he has his geek moments and his ideological ones... like in The Powers That Be and Pegasus Project, when the best bits are Daniel becoming all impassioned and giving higher powers a talking to.

kay x

Comment

Hmm.. true, tho I have to admit I'm blocking Morpheus.
            People shuold unerstand that taking Welsh words and sticking them in an English sentence-structure does not make Welsh
            [/mini-rant]
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oh, I wish. I love Daniel in his element and team cooperation. Speaking of excitable, I remember one episode when he was arguing with Jack where he actually jumped up and down. I loved that scene. Was it One False step?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Oh, I wish. I love Daniel in his element and team cooperation. Speaking of excitable, I remember one episode when he was arguing with Jack where he actually jumped up and down. I loved that scene. Was it One False step?
                yes I think it was season 2 if I recall too lazy to go look at my DVDs.
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post

Deeds xx
                  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes I really love how Daniel can be the overenthusiastic history-geek, causing great sarcasm with mostly Jack - Mitchell took over nicely though.

Today I saw Morpheus, and Danny-boy was back!! Oh how he raved and ranted on about the cities where the Holy Grail might be... I loved that. That was what I was talking about.

And oh, about the NID: I thought most ep's were rather... off. I hated Kinsey. Maybourne had his moments but meh, it only became interesting when Sam infiltrated their roguest of rogue subgroupe. That was nice. Other than that I wouldn't dare compare NID ep's to others.

Daniel ftw!
                  => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    Hmm.. true, tho I have to admit I'm blocking Morpheus.
                    People shuold unerstand that taking Welsh words and sticking them in an English sentence-structure does not make Welsh
                    [/mini-rant]
                    yeah. I know nothing of Welsh sentance structure but having had to pronounce Welsh names before I was impressed at the speed and enounciation MS managed of the Welsh words. In my limited expierence it is easy to get your toungue tied in knots trying to pronounce Welsh.=) (I'm also impressed with the speed of the Latin in Avalon part 1.)
                    sigpic
                    thanks Stef
                    Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

I like trendy dressed Daniel now.... but like I said up above.. the geeky cute dressed Daniel gets me everytime... Its just so nice to see the old Daniel pop out once in awhile.... Ok now I"m just thinking about Daniel all around.. yum

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                        yeah. I know nothing of Welsh sentance structure but having had to pronounce Welsh names before I was impressed at the speed and enounciation MS managed of the Welsh words. In my limited expierence it is easy to get your toungue tied in knots trying to pronounce Welsh.=) (I'm also impressed with the speed of the Latin in Avalon part 1.)
                        Hey, I don't think I can speak English as fast as MS...
                        (as far as I remember, he did pronounce the Welsh words right.... and yeah, some of those are teeth breakers! eeek.)
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Yeah I don't think I can speak English that fast either. At least not well enough to be understood and it is my native language.=)
                          sigpic
                          thanks Stef
                          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                            I'm rewatching Crystal Skull. I'm bad. I should be writing this englit paper. But with all this talk of Michael Shanks - Jess - I couldn't resist. I don't think I could bear to watch Gamekeeper or FIAD and Secrets right now - my motivation for this paper is hanging on a string as it is Given opportunity to give in and weep, I may just...

ditto, I wish they'd brought Nick back in at one point, maybe made him less of a feature but something along the lines of how they dealt with Sam's father. Still a great ep though.

kay x
                            heehee... I guess I will have to take the blame for that then

But still good luck on your paper

Agreed - I know there was a very brief mention of him later on, maybe in Evolution? but still would have been interesting to revisit the storyline. And the ep was great - everyone did a great job and the guy who played Rothman had me laughing

Comment

Originally posted by gravelgerdie View Post
                              I feel exactly the same way JessM
                              I to adore cute geeky historian Daniel.. thats why I fell in love with him in the first place.... the Daniel of now is alright .. but I miss the one of before.. Its nice to see the Daniel I fell in love with come out once in awhile in the up to date Daniel.... I just would like to see more of the historian geeky Daniel more
                              Hey gerdie, it's good to know you're not alone isn't it? That's why I fell in love with him in the first place too. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the geeky historian too

I read a few years back they were planning to make a direct-to-dvd episode set in season 2. Someone (maybe Brad Wright?) said it was a "lost season 2" episode - that they found a script that was written for that season but was never done. They were talking about how interesting it would be to make Daniel look more geeky and have longer hair, and that Teal'c would be wearing eyeshadow again

Sadly I think they shelved it when the show was renewed for S9 and I guess they can't do it anymore Would be cool though if someone asked them if there were any plans for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                                heehee... I guess I will have to take the blame for that then http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...elinnocent.jpg

But still good luck on your paper

Agreed - I know there was a very brief mention of him later on, maybe in Evolution? but still would have been interesting to revisit the storyline. And the ep was great - everyone did a great job and the guy who played Rothman had me laughing
                                Nodding. Evolution is one of my favorite. If I remember the commentary right - I think it's the commentary on Revelations??? - any way, one of the few commentaries that Michael did, he said the original write up for Evolution had a *whole lot* more Nick in it - or at least a lot more references to him (MS has a story credit for Evolution along with Kindler, though Kindler did the screen play) It got cut back to one passing mention, sadly!

I would have loved to see another Nick episode. Jan Rubes as a great actor!

Comment

Working...
                                X