No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished watching season 3 and I have to say I loved Maternal Instinct and Crystal Skull. I think those are my Favorites so far. I really liked that we learned some about 's past I am curious does 's grandfather show up again?
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      I just finished watching season 3 and I have to say I loved Maternal Instinct and Crystal Skull. I think those are my Favorites so far. I really liked that we learned some about 's past I am curious does 's grandfather show up again?
      Do you really want to know? If so:
      Spoiler:
      No Daniel mentions him once very briefly in season 7. It's one of those sad dropped story lines so common in SG-1. I wouldn't have minded if they even just said he'd died at some point or something. As far as we know he's still off with the Giant Aliens.

I love those two episodes, too. My kids are sick of seeing Crystal Skull. (They just want to watch Urgo all the time.) We were at a rock store in the mall and they had these tiny little skulls made out of quartz and my girls and I were all staring into their eyes to see if they'd take us anywhere. Of course, it didn't work....(no pedestal, I guess.)

Comment

Hello All!! I am new to this thread. I have lurked on this one for a while and I am finally deciding to post. I spend most of my time over in the Daniel Thunking thread

My favorites from season three are Crystal Skull and Forever In A Day. I do admit though, it is tough to pick favorites since I believe season 3 to be the best season SG-1 ever had. I am slowly converting one of my friends to a Stargate fan. We watch an episode everynight when we work out and we are starting season 3 tonight. Very excited about that!!!
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Non-spoilers for The Quest part II: it's the best Daniel ep since [the one where they went to Vala's goauld's homeworld] and possibly the best since Reckoning II. He's splendid, gets to do his mythology, thinking, derring do and...

okay, I've reached the limit of my non-spoiling abilities
          Spoiler:
          He even gets to act a little bit unhinged, something we got plenty of in earlier years but currently haven't seen since s7.

And you know that he's always wanted to get his head in one of those ancient head-suck things; or at least when the previous opportunity arose he was pretty much of the view that it would be not the worst type of death he'd ever experienced .

Apt that he should have it in his mind to control the device rather than vice versa; although he didn't quite manage it it's what the Daniel who fought Replicarter would have done.

Lovely scenes between Daniel, Vala and Cam, and although there was less opportunity for Sam and Teal'c to be part of Daniel's thread they were still involved. The scene where Vala and Cam argue over Daniel and Cam tells Vala that the hard part of the job is not to risk yourself but to see a friend risked, is just beautifully acted.

MS's acting is top notch throughout, which makes hte last scene even more chilling. He acts it so understated, as if he's got almost no feelings about his situation. He must be totally exhausted, totally without hope, or both.

Poor Daniel!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            Do you really want to know? If so:
            Spoiler:
            No Daniel mentions him once very briefly in season 7. It's one of those sad dropped story lines so common in SG-1. I wouldn't have minded if they even just said he'd died at some point or something. As far as we know he's still off with the Giant Aliens.

I love those two episodes, too. My kids are sick of seeing Crystal Skull. (They just want to watch Urgo all the time.) We were at a rock store in the mall and they had these tiny little skulls made out of quartz and my girls and I were all staring into their eyes to see if they'd take us anywhere. Of course, it didn't work....(no pedestal, I guess.)
            *grin* Yeah I knew I left one out... I love Crystal Skull too. It was cool learning some more about Daniel's backstory and his relationship with his grandfather. There were some nice, touching scenes in that ep, like Hammond on the phone with his granddaughter, telling her he couldn't see her in her play because a good friend of his is in trouble or something like that. The look on Daniel's face as he listens... just so lovely.

Spoiler:
            I thought it was a shame we never heard anything else about Nick. I guess he is still off with the Giant Aliens. There are so many things in Stargate that have only been mentioned once or twice and have fallen off the radar screen... Nick, the Reetou... I wonder whatever happened to the Nox after Pretense? So many things I wish they'd revisit, if even just for fun.

LOL @ your kids, Callista - that's cute I guess the pedestal does make the difference there

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              Non-spoilers for The Quest part II: it's the best Daniel ep since [the one where they went to Vala's goauld's homeworld] and possibly the best since Reckoning II. He's splendid, gets to do his mythology, thinking, derring do and...

okay, I've reached the limit of my non-spoiling abilities
              Spoiler:
              He even gets to act a little bit unhinged, something we got plenty of in earlier years but currently haven't seen since s7.

And you know that he's always wanted to get his head in one of those ancient head-suck things; or at least when the previous opportunity arose he was pretty much of the view that it would be not the worst type of death he'd ever experienced .

Apt that he should have it in his mind to control the device rather than vice versa; although he didn't quite manage it it's what the Daniel who fought Replicarter would have done.

Lovely scenes between Daniel, Vala and Cam, and although there was less opportunity for Sam and Teal'c to be part of Daniel's thread they were still involved. The scene where Vala and Cam argue over Daniel and Cam tells Vala that the hard part of the job is not to risk yourself but to see a friend risked, is just beautifully acted.

MS's acting is top notch throughout, which makes hte last scene even more chilling. He acts it so understated, as if he's got almost no feelings about his situation. He must be totally exhausted, totally without hope, or both.

Poor Daniel!
              Thanks for the info, Madeleine I keep telling myself I will try to remain spoiler-free - but I can't help it... it's just too danged hard!

Sounds like a very good ep.

Spoiler:
              Sounds like some nice Daniel/Cam friendship there, which imo was long overdue. I'm disappointed that Sam and Teal'c don't seem to do much. Did either of them have any interaction whatsoever with Daniel?

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                Thanks for the info, Madeleine I keep telling myself I will try to remain spoiler-free - but I can't help it... it's just too danged hard!

Sounds like a very good ep.

Spoiler:
                Sounds like some nice Daniel/Cam friendship there, which imo was long overdue. I'm disappointed that Sam and Teal'c don't seem to do much. Did either of them have any interaction whatsoever with Daniel?
                Spoiler:
                What caught me right in the throat was at the end when it was obvious that Daniel was going to have to "hold" Adria at bay whilst the others escaped was Sam's cry of "we won't leave you behind" and Daniel's reassuring "I'll be right behind you"....(I may not have the exact words but it was pretty clear to me their concern for one another is still there.... )

It was a marvellous episode....what was great was the calibre of ALL the actors....absolutely "top notch" through and through....

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Thanks Deeds, that's very good to know!

The ep sounds amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    And totally lying to Adria. Like he lied to Vala about not knowing the Prometheus's security codes. Daniel can lie lie through his teeth when the situation calls for it.

Comment

spoilers for unaired eps, including ones following The Quest pt II

Spoiler:

Adria better not hurt my baby!!!!!!!!!!!! What is she going to do with him? How does she do it? Turning him into a prior
                      Last edited by Madeleine; 10 January 2007, 09:28 PM.
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

spoilers for eps that follow Quest pt II
                        Spoiler:

Adria better not hurt my baby!!!!!!!!!!!! What is she going to do with him? How does she do it? Turning him into a prior
                        [/QUOTE]

I am with you poundpuppy

Spoiler:
                        It will be very interesting to find out exactly how she turns him. The episode was good on so many levels. Sam punching Ba'al might be the highlight!!! Well and any scene with Daniel of course

Can't wait to watch it again tonight when I get home from work!!
                        Last edited by Madeleine; 10 January 2007, 09:32 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

spoilers for eps that no one has seen yet cos they've not been broadcast.

Spoiler:
                          Can't wait to see what happens with Adria and him becoming a prior, and getting him back, oh the angst
                          It was nice to see a bit of Cam/Daniel friendship and he finally called him "Daniel" wonder if he'll keep that up?

I so hope Sky One get the airing order right cos if they show The Bounty next week it won't make sense........
                          Last edited by Madeleine; 10 January 2007, 09:34 PM.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                            I agree that The Quest Pt 2 was a very good ep for Daniel.
                            I can't wait to see how this storyline develops.

[

Spoilers for Quest 2

Spoiler:
                            I think the way Vala acted in this episode was awesome. You can tell that she truly cares, if not loves, Daniel very much. I have said it before, just not in here, but I think the way she was acting was very reminiscent of how Sam acted when Jack was "lost"! Can't wait to see that play out!!!
                            Last edited by Madeleine; 10 January 2007, 09:35 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Okay I gotta ask this (think I might have asked on another thread too but was wondering what people thought)...

spoilers for The Quest Part 2

Spoiler:
                              Didn't get to watch it yet but I read a transcript. Vala and Cam weren't the only ones who seemed worried/upset about Daniel, were they? I'd hope that, even after Daniel had died/gotten hurt quite a few times over the years, that Teal'c and Sam would be worried about their friend as well.

I'm probably making too big a deal over it but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the possibility that Vala may be the only one who cares enough about Daniel to be upset over what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                                Okay I gotta ask this (think I might have asked on another thread too but was wondering what people thought)...

spoilers for The Quest Part 2

Spoiler:
                                Didn't get to watch it yet but I read a transcript. Vala and Cam weren't the only ones who seemed worried/upset about Daniel, were they? I'd hope that, even after Daniel had died/gotten hurt quite a few times over the years, that Teal'c and Sam would be worried about their friend as well.

I'm probably making too big a deal over it but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the possibility that Vala may be the only one who cares enough about Daniel to be upset over what happened to him.
                                To answer your question:

Spoiler:
                                No, you could tell that Sam is upset at the end. I think the difference is the fact that it becomes quite apparent about Vala's true feelings for Daniel in this episode. I think that Sam and Teal'c have seen Daniel disappear and re-appear so many times that they just have hope and figure he will come back. Cam and Vala haven't seen it as many times as the other two have.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X