Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    From what I understand, Cliff has the financing. He's just waiting on a network to approve airing it. That's the really hard part.
    Is he allowed simutaneous submissions, or is it a case of presenting to one and waiting for a response before moving on? I'm kind of suspecting the latter, which sucks because it's such a time sink. And to be honest, I'm surprised the networks aren't biting his hand off - steampunk is definitely in at the moment, and with True Grit doing pretty well in the cinemas......

Eh, maybe I'm biased, but Dust seems like a winner to me

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Love the eyebrow.
          Signature by Glitch33.
          sigpic
          Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
            Love the eyebrow.
            It has a power to rival the beard. Probably.

Comment

Abyss is on tomorrow! *does the happy dance of happy*

Comment

Originally posted by misaditas View Post
                Is he allowed simutaneous submissions, or is it a case of presenting to one and waiting for a response before moving on? I'm kind of suspecting the latter, which sucks because it's such a time sink. And to be honest, I'm surprised the networks aren't biting his hand off - steampunk is definitely in at the moment, and with True Grit doing pretty well in the cinemas......

Eh, maybe I'm biased, but Dust seems like a winner to me
                From what I understand, there is a specific web address for pilot TV shows where networks can watch the show, or get a copy sent to them. Then they decide if they want the show or not. The perfect scenario is to get a bidding war started between two or more studios. That doesn't happen a lot these days.
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  From what I understand, there is a specific web address for pilot TV shows where networks can watch the show, or get a copy sent to them. Then they decide if they want the show or not. The perfect scenario is to get a bidding war started between two or more studios. That doesn't happen a lot these days.
                  So he has no idea who's seen it or not? Wow, I'd be chewing on furniture by now. Waiting is so damn frustrasting (and clearly television is just as slow a process as publishing).

It's solid. There's a market for it. Steampunk is big and getting bigger by the day. It will sell, if networks are paying attention.

Failing that, there's always going indie...

Comment

Comment

Signature by Glitch33.
                      sigpic
                      Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I'm so impressed that you guys have kept Cliff's thread on the first page. I know he'll be delighted.

I know, it's a no brainer for his fans that "Dust" should be on T.V, but usually, when a show doesn't go forward into development, there can be lots of reasons such as legal issues, another show that is very similar, too pricey to film....It's frustrating for everyone involved in Dust to wait and wait, especially when you put your heart and soul into it.
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X