No announcement yet.

Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...well apparently he had this to say about the, erm... madonna fascination... and the tau'ri in general: (translated to english for your reading ease and pleasure, of course )

"... I have loved blondes for as long as I can remember, but recently one female of the Tau'ri in particular piqued my interest. Upon further investigation, I disovered that not only are there a large number of blondes among the Tau'ri, but there is no end to the variety of leathers that they are willing to wear. If I ever find myself in the need of a new Lo'taur, the Tau'ri will be where I come..."

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
      Well Emily, it was 4am when I finally got off here.
      yeah well, remember, she doesn't sleep.

which i personally think did something strange to her head.
      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

hey!! i'll have you know i JUST woke up from a 5 hour nap!!

Comment

MMMM...nap. I didn't sleep last night either, from *studying for a chem exam,* which really meant spending most of the night online to PUT OFF studying, until I finally got down to it around 3:30 AM.

Comment

LOL, yeah I forgot about that WT.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

how could you forget??

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
                LOL, yeah I forgot about that WT.
                ::icy cold stare:: how kind...

angelique, in the famous words of Josh Lymen from West Wing "You just made my list"
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I won't forget again! Promise!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

i'd hope not

Comment

So, how's everyone today? First chance I've had to be online. Anyone with new insights into our lord Ba'al? Aside from 'Coooorr, he's hot.' Though a clearly legitimate thing to say, I think we've established that one already...

Comment

He's searingly hot?...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

That too...

I found this website about various deities and the Ba'al page has a representation of him. First one I've seen. Goodness but he's important! From this have also worked out what that staff is in Summitt/Last Stand. It's a lightning bolt staff. http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/...jdei.html#Baal

Comment

cool!!! wow, i feel so much more knowledgable now

i liked this snippet:

Yea, also Ba`al will make fertile with His rain,
                            with water He will indeed make fertile harrowed land;
                            and He will put His voice in the clouds,
                            He will flash His lightning to the earth.

ya know, as fertility god, it makes much sense that he wouldn't want all universe destroyed, don' it

Comment

Along with his sweet self, though from what it sounds like he's been destroyed several times already. I also found this one, which is very detailed, http://www.pantheon.org/articles/b/baal.html and this bit, "El, in the meantime, had a dream in which fertility returned, which suggested that Baal was not dead. Afterwards, he instructed Shapash to keep watch for him during her daily travels. In the due course of time Baal was restored, and Athtar fled from his throne" sounds like a sarcophagus stint to me.

Comment

ok, i also found this to sound WAY freakishly similar to reckoning:

Through a series of conflicts and competitions with other gods, Ba`al achieves a position subordinate only to ´El among gods. However, He defers to ´Asherah and often enlists Her favors when He must approach ´El.

i mean, if you make 'El = anubis and ´Asherah = sam

Comment

Working...
                                X