Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

I figure it's about time Baal got his own thread of worship. Goodness knows he's the (false) god I'd choose to serve, in any way I could.

He has style, he has charisma, he has that deliciously bloodthirsty edge that has helped him rise to the top of the system lord food chain. What's not to love about this guy?? He also has impeccable fashion sense and a certain flair when it comes to tormenting his victims. Baal make it personal. I love that in a (false) god.

Anyone else with me on this?? C'mon, I can't be the ONLY one...

He can do some neat stuff with gravity and tomic acid, if I recall correctly.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

He's one of the few Goa'uld with style left; this makes him an invaluable asset to the show, as the others -Chimera spoilers-
      Spoiler:
      (Apophis, Osiris, etc.) have been killed off.

The new Japanese Goa'uld has promise in the style department, but we have not yet seen enough of her to judge. For now, Baal has the looks, the storyline, and everything else.
      Last edited by David; 12 September 2004, 08:46 AM.
      "It's a plant."

Comment

I ADORE Baal.

Baal is the bomb! (ugh, now I know why I don't use that phrase).

He is the only Goa'uld I can take seriously at the moment - Anubis didn't really do it for me. I didn't find myself wanting to kneel at his feet, as I do Baal.

There is nothing better than a great but not cliched (as much as that is possible with his species) villain, one that earns his respect rather than expecting it just coz he has a cloak.

I mean how much effort did Anubis have to put in to his daily wardrobe?? Very little.

In fact, I doubt he ever laundered that thing. How does a semi-ascended being approach hygiene matters??

Anyway - back to Baal. Wonderful villain played by wonderful actor. Sultry villain played by sulty actor. He's the best Goa'uld out there at the moment, and I even thought he was better than Osiris.

I really hope they keep him around

Comment

Baal is one of the best things to happen to Stargate villainy in a long while and he's played to perfection by Cliff Simon. He has a bit of the goa'uld cliche-ness about him, but not as much as some system lords I could mention.

I always look forward to seeing him because I know something interesting is going to happen, usually in a very Chinese curse sorta way.

Hope we'll get to see more of him in S8. Actually, I'm sure we will, I just hope he doesn't suffer from the same entropy as some of the other characters/plotlines. Give us Baal in all his glory!

Comment

Ba'al's definitely the best baddie at the mo. He's so suave and confident, he's not in the least bit blustery like many goa'uld tend to be. Comparing him in Abyss with the one who tortured Teal'c in Serpent's... Venom(?) I know which one I found more chilling, and more intriguing.

He likes to combine his evil and practical sides - he tortured Jack for tactical info, but you could tell he got a kick out of his inventiveness in how he did it. Likewise it may have seemed necessary to him to have Jack tortured, but he chose to do it himself rather than delegate the task.

I think he relished the challenge of a 'new' enemy - he hadn't been personally involved with the Tau'ri before then, and had spent countless centuries with only other goa'uld to contend with. Jack's arrival was probably quite exciting. Since then

Spoilers 7.01, 7.02, 8.01, 8.02
            He's found himself briefly allied with Earth, and then decided to help himself to it. My guess is that (post 8.02) he's right now furious at having been thwarted, but also a bit pepped up at the realisation that there is a real challenge for him. I'm really hoping that we see more of him this year.

Madeleine

Comment

Ba'al is by far my favorite system lord. From when he was introduced by Yu (I believe it was him) to now, he is awesome. He has a sense of style, professionalism, and dignity that we haven't seen in most of the Goa'uld we've encountered.
              Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

loverly loverly Ba'al, he's so cool i made him the villian in my one attempt at Stargate Fanfiction, starring my AU character Sharon O'Neill, first time i saw Ba'al i was like falling over mmm dark haired aussie evullness, yummies... sorry what was i saying?...
                -you know your crazy right?
                -...yes
                -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

Well I have to say Anubis is my favourite.So please do not start insulting me.It's a matter of taste.I'm just saying Anubis is my favourite systemlord but it doesn't mean I can't find Ba'al neat.I think Ba'al is also very cool,he has humor,good dresser,style.I like Ba'al. I think I placed him in my top 5 of bad guys.I'm not sure but I like him.Just not that much as I adore Anubis but that's my choice.I have respect for the people who love Ba'al.I hope you people have respect for me because I adore Anubis
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Should I go back and edit my first post.

This is a BAAL Appreciation Tread, it is not a "Baal's OK, but I like so-and-so better" Thread. People who post here are supposed to like Baal. They don't have to love him best out of everyone, but soliloquies to other characters should be kept to a minimum. Or left out of the thread entirely, unless it relates. "I think Baal and Jack had great chemistry." would be an example of talking about another character in relation to the subject of this thread.

Anubis, it's obvious that you like Anubis. Anyone who sees your name is gonna know that. But for the purposes of THIS thread, try and keep it on topic, please. YOU may like Nuby best, but it is not a universal opinion and those of us here are obviously going to do a bit of looking down upon other characters, both sincerely and as a tongue-in-cheek sort of condescension. If you don't like that, fine. Start an Anubis Appreciation Thread. But please don't defend YOUR fave character on OUR Character's Thread. It'd be like going to the Sam/Jack Shipper thread and saying, "Yeah, Sam and Jack are OK, but Sam and Daniel are WAY cooler!" It's just bad form.

Now that that's out of the way, maybe we can get back to worshipping Baal. I get the feeling he has some really nasty tricks up his sleeve that'll keep SG-1 hopping this season. More power to him.

Comment

Sorry ShadowMaat Please forgive me !!
                      I'm new so since a couple of days.I didn't know.My mistake it won't happen again.I thought that you(everyone) may say your appreciation about Ba'al here even if another Goa'uld is your favourite.But -->new so I'll keep in mind what you said and won't do it again!Maybe it's a good idea to start an Anubis thread.Perhaps
                      Thanks ShadowMaat
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Ba'al is styilin.

He's got the clothes and the gadgets and the power/budget to do most anything he wants.

His writing is great and he speaks it well.

He's the SG equivalent of a Bond villain really......i have visions of him with Carter strapped to a table.....'No Col. Carter, I expect you to die!!!"

I do hope we get to see more of him this season....though i suspect they'll spend more time on Anubis and his quest for a host Anubis was much more interesting when his history was unknown....lol

If somebody has to blow up Earth....i figure Ba'al's the man....he'll do it with style and wit and flair....
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

He makes me want to get a botchi ball and draw a face on it, and keep it next to my computer!
                          O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                          Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

I couldn't keep myself from this thread, ba'al is amazing! He has hte grav.generators, he is very evil, Spoilers
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            took part of anubis army to make him stronger! he just so cool!

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

here's just a real quick question if anyone has seen his actor in anything else, wouldn't mind seeing Ba'al's other faces *grins evully* must make Ba'al background...
                              -you know your crazy right?
                              -...yes
                              -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

Working...
                              X