Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
    I totally think that the goa'uld are capable of showing love, as you've said they are sentient beings, though I could see them being reluctant to do so in front of others. That is definitely something I'm going to explore in my story (specifically Ba'al falling in love with Sam, which I think could pose so many interesting scenarios as long as I can set it up right...) So perhaps if something bad were to happen to someone Ba'al did care about he would show emotion....For instance if they were killed he could show grief.

I still wonder about fear. (I just watched an ep where we see Apophis say that he is afraid, which is why I thought of this) What could Ba'al be afraid of? Losing the thing closest to his heart? I doubt he would admit to being afraid of death or pain, but what about empathetic fear?
    Since Apophis showed fear, we know it is possible for the Goa'uld to feel fear. Yet, in Continuum, Ba'al did not show fear, even faced with his own death. In fact, it didn't seem to bother him at all. His last words before the Tok'ra and SG-1 were of Ba'al being full of himself and very confident. So, it would seem that Ba'al is not like Apophis. However, I still see Ba'al having a bit more humanity than the other Goa'uld, because he has spent time among humans. He's had to blend in and act human. I'm sure some of that rubbed off. And, although it's never been stated, I think he admires humans. He probably sees us as having great potential, since he has seen what evil we have perpetrated on each other.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

H = You're a Hottie!!!

Comment

I = You're Irresistible!

Comment

J is for umum ummmm.... Jealous god

sigpic

Comment

K = You're the Keeper of our hearts (I know...lame).

By his expression, it's clear that Ba'al agrees.

Comment

L is for Lovely
              sigpic

Comment

I totally think that the goa'uld are capable of showing love, as you've said they are sentient beings, though I could see them being reluctant to do so in front of others. That is definitely something I'm going to explore in my story (specifically Ba'al falling in love with Sam, which I think could pose so many interesting scenarios as long as I can set it up right...) So perhaps if something bad were to happen to someone Ba'al did care about he would show emotion....For instance if they were killed he could show grief.

I still wonder about fear. (I just watched an ep where we see Apophis say that he is afraid, which is why I thought of this) What could Ba'al be afraid of? Losing the thing closest to his heart? I doubt he would admit to being afraid of death or pain, but what about empathetic fear?
                *gasp* Are you writing a fluffy ba'al/sam fic that isn't just an excuse to have ba'al rape sam?!

I must have the link when you are finished!

*huggles*
                Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                  *gasp* Are you writing a fluffy ba'al/sam fic that isn't just an excuse to have ba'al rape sam?!

I must have the link when you are finished!

*huggles*
                  Yep! Though it's not strictly fluff. There's a good deal of angst in there too. But there will be at least one fluffy moment. Glad you're interested It's right here if you're interested, I swear I'll get chapter 2 posted as soon as I get past this next block of exams...

Comment

*siiiigh* you lucky, lucky woman you

Ooh. Now I've actually got a deep question to pose y'all about ba'al. (haha, i rhyme) It's research for my story. Because, yeah. Anyway, do you think there would ever be a time/reason that Ba'al would show that he was sad or frightened? I know it kinda goes against his entire personality to ever show that, but hypothetically speaking would there ever be an event that could make him show extreme emotion?
                    I've been pondering this off and on all week

Different cultures express things differently as do species. For me it makes sense that a Gou'ald does not express emotions as we would. The emotions are there they jsut might not manifest the same way. Than you add the symboite/host aspect and things get more muddled. I am going to start babbling so I'm gonna stop now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                      I've been pondering this off and on all week

Different cultures express things differently as do species. For me it makes sense that a Gou'ald does not express emotions as we would. The emotions are there they jsut might not manifest the same way. Than you add the symboite/host aspect and things get more muddled. I am going to start babbling so I'm gonna stop now.
                      Ah, but Iffy, if you study sociology, you will discover that babies of all cultures recognize happy, sad, angry and laughing faces. That continues into adulthood. Cultural traditions are the things that vary. Recognition of emotion from one person to another is constant across regions and countries. It's also one of the many factors that differentiate us from other primates. However, that doesn't mean that a different species wouldn't see emotions differently. My thinking is that since the Goa'uld have to live among humanoid cultures in order to enslave them, that it would be in their best interest to act like humanoids. It saves a fair amount of confusion. What do you guys think?

Comment

M = Marvelous!! As in, "You look Mauvelous, dahling!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                          Sigh!!! I remember taking that photo. He gave me a hug with his shirt off. I got to put my hands on that hard body!! Good times!!!
                          Umm.. wow.....

*siiiigh* you lucky, lucky woman you

Ooh. Now I've actually got a deep question to pose y'all about ba'al. (haha, i rhyme) It's research for my story. Because, yeah. Anyway, do you think there would ever be a time/reason that Ba'al would show that he was sad or frightened? I know it kinda goes against his entire personality to ever show that, but hypothetically speaking would there ever be an event that could make him show extreme emotion?
                          Yes, i believe that Ba'al (more so than the rest of the system lords) would be VERY emotional when it comes to love. He is a very intense character, and in my experience, intense people make the best lovers... wait.. that didn't sound right...

In movies, the intense people are always the one's who are obsessive over their lovers. Sometimes in a good way (a la Ewen McGregor's character in 'Moulin Rouge'), or a very bad way (a la Mark Wahlberg's character in 'Fear')

Oooh.. I must read that story!!! I love the Sam/Ba'al ship!!!

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                          Yes.. yes he is!!!
                          Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Here are my three pics from the Fan Party!!

I love this one!!!
                            Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
                              Lol! I love it too. That is my very handsome son in the middle of the shot. His name is Adam and he's single, ladies... a college boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                Ah, but Iffy, if you study sociology, you will discover that babies of all cultures recognize happy, sad, angry and laughing faces. That continues into adulthood. Cultural traditions are the things that vary. Recognition of emotion from one person to another is constant across regions and countries. It's also one of the many factors that differentiate us from other primates. However, that doesn't mean that a different species wouldn't see emotions differently. My thinking is that since the Goa'uld have to live among humanoid cultures in order to enslave them, that it would be in their best interest to act like humanoids. It saves a fair amount of confusion. What do you guys think?
                                I'm looking at it from an anthropolical view. While I agree that babies recognize, happy sad, etc. Heck so does my cat. Culture is taught and how one behaves, reacts and emotes (to a certain extent) is taught. Primates might not be the best to compare, they really are too similar. I'm so not going into Bonobos and appeasement.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X