Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ultimate Obsession
    all of this is just fueling the "maybe he isn't a goa'uld" speculators more and more... I think I am buying into it now.
    Yay! There are more of us!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

woohoo!!! i totally didn't even realize that there were three posts on the last page that i never saw!!!

yeah, see the grey is WHY i originally theorized he doesn't use the sarcophogus as much but i made sure to point out it's prob'ly an actor thing... just one we can use to our speculation-fueling advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        Oh, he's a goa'uld all right. Only the goa'uld have that incredible fashion sense.
        maybe the clothing is why he switched sides

Comment

I doubt the sarcophagus thing is at all a matter of conscience, at least. After all, he had no problem using it on Jack. Maybe he likes a mature look for his host; probably lends him even more dignity than he already enjoyed.

Or maybe this would prove me wrong, that Ba'al DOES see humans as animals after all. The animal doesn't have a conscience or a soul, so dope 'em up, but he doesn't want to become dependent himself, for pride's sake?

On fashion...Yeah, it would take really strong moral principles to stick with the Tok'ra when they're wearing those tan...things.

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
            On fashion...Yeah, it would take really strong moral principles to stick with the Tok'ra when they're wearing those tan...things.
            Tripe. That's what Peter DeLuise calls those tan outfits.

Comment

I doubt the sarcophagus thing is at all a matter of conscience, at least. After all, he had no problem using it on Jack. Maybe he likes a mature look for his host; probably lends him even more dignity than he already enjoyed.
              good point remember that in summit and abyss he had basically no grey.... but i don't doubt that baal, as the obviously most intelligent of the goauld, would want his host to look older and more mature...

Or maybe this would prove me wrong, that Ba'al DOES see humans as animals after all. The animal doesn't have a conscience or a soul, so dope 'em up, but he doesn't want to become dependent himself, for pride's sake?
              hmmm... somehow i don't think most of the goauld even realize the sarcophogus is addicting.... 'cept perhaps baal does but really, i think he only used the sarcophogus on jack as purely torture.... he COULD have just kept torturing and never killing, but killing and reviving is more his style... i don't think he's even thinking about the whole soul thing...

but i think if baal DID know the sarcophogus was addicting, unlike most of the others, he may have ways of avoiding it... like using it less perhaps

when you put high morals in competition right up next to great fashion, thre really ain't much contest, is there??

Comment

Well, if he was a Tok'ra gone bad, I doubt he'd want to lose his soul for anything less then complete galactic domination. So, I don't think he uses the sarcaphagus. Seriously, I get the sense that he knows it's a bad thing.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
                  Has he ever used the hand thing on anyone? I don't remember it.
                  Not on screen but he's wearing it as he's tapping his fingers waiting for Jack to show up in Reckoning II. Very rude of Jack to keep Ba'al waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    Oh, he's a goa'uld all right. Only the goa'uld have that incredible fashion sense.
                    You mean like the pretty gold skirts and hats from that fashion icon Apophis? Aaack. Ba'al is a goa'uld with taste!

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                      Well, if he was a Tok'ra gone bad, I doubt he'd want to lose his soul for anything less then complete galactic domination. So, I don't think he uses the sarcaphagus. Seriously, I get the sense that he knows it's a bad thing.
                      I get the impression that some of the goa'uld use it all the time. I think Ba'al would use it to prolong the life of his host but not just to have a kip like some of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                        Not on screen but he's wearing it as he's tapping his fingers waiting for Jack to show up in Reckoning II. Very rude of Jack to keep Ba'al waiting.
                        I know he wears it, but does he USE it?

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

hmmm.... good question... we know he doesn't even WEAR it in abyss... um, or summit and last stand... i don't think.... i think he just wears it for show some of the goauld never take the thing off.... he knows there's better ways to get what he wants!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                            I get the impression that some of the goa'uld use it all the time. I think Ba'al would use it to prolong the life of his host but not just to have a kip like some of the others.
                            I'm sure he'd use it if his host was injured or disfigured, to preserve his royally gorgeous image .

"I sense a great disturbance in the forum--as if millions of Ba'al thunkers cried out in terror at the idea of Ba'al being disfigured..."

Comment

"I sense a great disturbance in the forum--as if millions of Ba'al thunkers cried out in terror at the idea of Ba'al being disfigured..."
                              LOL! Yes!aaaaarrrrrggggg!!!!!!

Isn't Reckoning the first time we've even seen him WEAR it?(The hand thing that is. )

Comment

Yes, I think it is. I don't recall him wearing it in previous episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X