Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post

Sun'shyne, you are so evil!!!!!! I love it!!!!!
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
      <e-mails Cliff> "We hooked another one, Cliff!"

Buhwahahahaha!!!!!

Welcome to the Ba'al side, Gate Geek!!!! We have sleeveless shirts!!!!!

Thanks so much for the update, wwlh. Ladies, when you watch Continuum, don't forget lots of towels and a bucket or two....

Damn, WWLH stole my thunder with the sleeveless shirt Ba'al info!

Guess I gotta get me some more buckets and towels for the drool.
      sigpic

Comment

Ooooooooooooh sleeveless ba'al... mmmmm nummy info there... *drools*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wwlh View Post
          He did say that in the upcoming movies .....

Spoiler:
          that he would be wearing sleeveless shirts a lot as one of the directors saw him in a tank top and ran to wardrobe and said "cut the sleeves off of Ba'al's outfit!!!
          And I'm sure we will all be forever thankful to that man!!
          Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Sun'shyne, you are so evil!!!!!! I love it!!!!!
            Do you love it enough that you'll perhaps help me out in finding really cheap Bed & Breakfasts out in your part of the country??? LOL... I've been looking online, but I know there has to be little one's that are just in people's houses.. those are the nice small one's that my fiancee and i are looking for for when we come out for GateCon....
            Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
              Do you love it enough that you'll perhaps help me out in finding really cheap Bed & Breakfasts out in your part of the country??? LOL... I've been looking online, but I know there has to be little one's that are just in people's houses.. those are the nice small one's that my fiancee and i are looking for for when we come out for GateCon....
              I have friends in Vancouver who owe me favours. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

I have friends in Vancouver who owe me favours. I'll see what I can do.
                Thanks a ton!!! We're definietly coming out, we're just hoping we can get tickets for it. I was on the website and they were saying that they figure the tickets will sell out really fast, I sure hope we get some!! You are going too correct?

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Sorry for jumping in here, but where do you guys get all of the awsome pics? And what do you mean by tickets and event? Sorry if i seem out of the loop, but I just HAVE to know where the pics come from! :drool:
                  I am NOT slashing these two!!
                  sigpic
                  beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

Here is a brief transcript of Cliff's Q&A in New Jersey this past weekend, courtesy of Jess M:

Before Cliff Simon came on, they showed a music video devoted to Ba'al. It started with the words "How many Ba'als does it take to make a music video?" and then "That depends on how many Ba'als do you have." It was to the "Real Slim Shady" song.

When Cliff came out he started by playing the "South African anthem" which basically sounded like one of the Chipmunks singing it and had a lot of "bla bla blah" later in the song. He said that's usually how they sing it in sporting events.

He said he moved from South Africa to LA 7 years ago. He wanted to start over so he moved to the States, and mentioned that going to each state is like going to a different country. He was quite tanned (and Lori and I both agreed he looks so much better in person) because he'd just arrived back from Mexico. He said he loves the water and goes kayaking in the ocean.

He started talking about working on SG-1 and said that they messed around a lot on the show but it's very professional. He is friends with Michael Greenburg. He was a professional dancer for 12 years with Michael's wife, and he met Michael through her (and he approached Cliff to do the show). He said he wanted a character that has longevity, and now that they've cloned him a million times....

He briefly mentioned the new movie and said it was amazing. He said it was an interesting story that involves time travel. Apparently Ba'al goes back in time and changes everything. It's as if the last ten years didn't happen. He said three or four of his clones are involved in it (the last surviving ones, anyway). He also mentioned that he wears a sleeveless top in the movie (Martin Wood apparently didn't know how in shape - or "ripped" as Cliff put it - he was and told wardrobe to cut off the sleeves of one of the tops he was wearing). Hee hee...

First episode of SG-1 he did was Summit. He said he watched how the other guys (meaning the actors playing the other goa'ulds in that ep) played their characters, and that the baddest people on earth are the most charming people; that is how you draw victims in. Michael Greenburg said he was fantastic after doing that ep (and Cliff mentioned that he was checking out Osiris up and down, smiling at her and leaning over in the chair).

He talked about the sort of "rapport" between his character and Jack. He worked off RDA as far as the humor went and they established a "thing" between O'Neill and Ba'al. The writers started writing humorous lines for him, and he started playing Ba'al as himself.

He said that Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro are his heroes in acting because they live their characters. He said that when filming SG-1, he'd stay in character all day. He wouldn't socialize with anyone and would just go off to his trailer. When he'd get home he'd completely push it aside.

Someone (I think it was a little boy or girl) asked why he has so many clones. He replied "So I can keep earning money on the show." This was followed up by the "if you could zat anyone once on the show, who would it be" question. He said probably Teal'c because he wouldn't expect it.

He was asked what his favorite part of acting as Ba'al was. He said it was when they made all the clones and he had to play each one. He said playing each different clone was fun. He'd have to walk around and look at himself, and no one was there. Follow up question was how difficult that was. He said it was very difficult in the beginning. It took a long time to shoot those scenes - from about 4pm to 4am. He had to remember in his own mind where "he" was standing.

An interesting question was whose idea was it to use Ba'al's human voice in the show (instead of the Goa'uld voice all the time. He said the Goa'uld voice got less and less over time, and the only reason the Goa'uld spoke like that was because they pretended to be gods. He said that notion worked well in the episode where Teal'c was his prisoner. He said he wanted his own voice to be heard and talked about the "flanging" process (he had to speak slower when they did that because otherwise you can't hear or understand what is said). He said his voice will sometimes be flanged in the movie, sometimes not.

His favorite form of torture in Abyss? "All of it." When asked who else he'd like to torture, he said it would be Teal'c and then mentioned how much he liked the acid torture.

He said the relationship between Ba'al and O'Neill will continue in the movie. He is a prisoner in the movie when he first confronts Jack, and says to him "Well, well, General Jack O'Neill" with a sarcastic emphasis on the "General" part. Jack replies with "Ba'al! Nice to see you again!" Cliff said this is how the movie starts and it sets the tone for the whole movie. Hmm, interesting.

He talked a bit about the mythology behind Ba'al - that the character on the show is an enigma (not knowing exactly where he's from, coupled with the accent), but the name Ba'al is short for Beelzebub, and it means fallen angel or the Devil.

He was asked whose idea it was to have Amanda hit him in The Quest Part 2. He said it was fun and that he thinks there was always a "thing" between Ba'al and "Samantha." Ba'al wanted to get a rise out of her in that scene and was happy because he had an effect on her. Her reaction was what he wanted.

He was then asked that if he could add any Ba'al scene to the show (maybe movies as well), what would it be? He said he'd like to add a love scene between Ba'al and Vala (*ducks D/V shippers* Hey, he said it, not me! *snerk*). He said that such a scene should have been in Continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
                      Sorry for jumping in here, but where do you guys get all of the awsome pics? And what do you mean by tickets and event? Sorry if i seem out of the loop, but I just HAVE to know where the pics come from! :drool:
                      Hi Marie:

Welcome to Cliff's Thread. He doesn't hang out here, but he does know about it. As for the cool pictures, most of them are through other fans who have taken shots of HRH (His Royal Hotness) at conventions and other events he's attended. Most Stargate and Atlantis fans willingly share the latest shots of our favorite actors with each other. So, if you hang around this thread long enough, you will see the latest Cliff Pics.

Also, from time to time, Cliff shares information with me that I relay to you guys.

I hope that helps.

Comment

I've never been in this thread before and it brought me a completely OT reason, but what CF said about the movie interest me because, so far, I didn't have a good reason to watch it.

Oook, to my OT rambling.

I was watching in YouTube "Larger than Life" by The Backstreet Boys (never mind that's sooo not for my age), and one of the singers caught my eye because he was very handsome and disturbingly familiar. Then I realized that he looks a lot like CF!!! I don't know his name but he's the one piloting the fighter. Just a piece of useless trivia.

So long.

Comment

Hi Marie:

Welcome to Cliff's Thread. He doesn't hang out here, but he does know about it. As for the cool pictures, most of them are through other fans who have taken shots of HRH (His Royal Hotness) at conventions and other events he's attended. Most Stargate and Atlantis fans willingly share the latest shots of our favorite actors with each other. So, if you hang around this thread long enough, you will see the latest Cliff Pics.

Also, from time to time, Cliff shares information with me that I relay to you guys.

I hope that helps.
                          IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo jealous of those who've seen him live! I haven't even been to hollywood! Hoy! But HRH does have more of a charm about him even in his evil state that makes one wonder what he's like in his good, not-trying-to-mold-you-to-his-evil-plan mood. Hmmmmm..... anyway, one more question: Does anybody know where I'd be able to put up a fanfic concerning Ba'al? The part of the site that I'm usually used to hasn't been up in at least a year, so i have nowhere to go.

Marie C.
                          I am NOT slashing these two!!
                          sigpic
                          beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
                            Does anybody know where I'd be able to put up a fanfic concerning Ba'al? The part of the site that I'm usually used to hasn't been up in at least a year, so i have nowhere to go.

Marie C.
                            For gen and het there's Heliopolis at: http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/

For slash is Area 52 at: http://www.area52hkh.net/

And, if it involves a crossover with SGA, there's Wraithbait at:
                            http://www.wraithbait.com/

I hope your story involves the said crossover because that last site is my favorite.
                            Last edited by Kanetsidohi; 24 July 2008, 04:23 PM. Reason: Correcting a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanetsidohi View Post
                              I've never been in this thread before and it brought me a completely OT reason, but what CF said about the movie interest me because, so far, I didn't have a good reason to watch it.

Oook, to my OT rambling.

I was watching in YouTube "Larger than Life" by The Backstreet Boys (never mind that's sooo not for my age), and one of the singers caught my eye because he was very handsome and disturbingly familiar. Then I realized that he looks a lot like CF!!! I don't know his name but he's the one piloting the fighter. Just a piece of useless trivia.

So long.
                              That's Kevin Richardson. Ignore me, I used to be a BSB fan back in the day. He does actually look a but like Cliff now that I think about it....

Kevin:

Cliff:

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                                That's Kevin Richardson. Ignore me, I used to be a BSB fan back in the day. He does actually look a but like Cliff now that I think about it....

Kevin:

Cliff:
                                Cliff is way hotter.

Comment

Working...
                                X