The Classic Daniel Jackson Clubhouse (Early seasons) Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    Lovely, all of them. I have a particular liking for the last one, love Bandanna!Daniel!

FF
    Originally posted by AnnaBee View Post
    Me too.
    Me three I stay out of the boonie vs. bandanna debate, and although I love the boonie the most, I also love the bandanna - especially when it's keeping that lovely hair of his out of his face

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    I loved him lounging on that throne. And of course he couldn't see the sarc was making him whacko.
    Yep, I loved that too (must dig up cap....). He was just so nutty, you could really tell with the way he greets Jack there - he was nearly giggling. And there was the snappy way he dismissed the guards too.

Comment

sooo, as much as i love thunking ...
      i love classic daniel for his
      1. undying optimism
      2. overriding morality
      3. love of humanity
      4. unadulterated academic intellect

there's probably plenty of other stuff, but this is what i can think of.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Sums it up well for me. I love that piccie, ParadoxRealities *wistful sigh*

Also loved his almost child-like awe at discovering something new.

Yum - love them, poundpuppy! Thanks!

Some more icons...

Comment

oh yeah! add that one to the list.

1. undying optimism ~PR
          2. overriding morality ~PR
          3. love of humanity ~PR
          4. unadulterated academic intellect ~PR
          5. child-like awe at discovering something new ~JessM

i'm working on pictures to match 'em. maybe make a wall or an icon/sig (series?). there's tons of pics here already (darn fast too!), anyone see anything that fits really well?
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

List looks great so far.. and I love that idea!! I think some pics from Torment of Tantalus would fit the "child-like awe" one, esp. when he's looking up at the Meaning of Life Stuff, or something like this pic below from Prisoners?

"Academic intellect" could be a pic of him giving one of his lectures/briefings (Fifth Race, Fair Game...).

Comment

You know, I don't think Daniel's become the "Shoot first, ask questions later" sort. He's not so naive and innocent as he used to be, but seeing all he's been through, that isn't exactly surprising. He still can't stand to see innocent people hurt, and is as wonderful to me now as he was then.

Anyway, even not considering this thread in general isn't for me, I'm none too fond of the shallow end.

Right, begging your pardon. Normally, if I don't think I'll like a thread, I won't go to it, but I accidentally clicked on this one and read the first post, so I had to say something. You don't have to worry about this, however. I'm honestly not trying to start anything, merely add my view, which is, admittedly, unfair to the thread. I just couldn't help it!

Comment

I showed this thread to my partner (yes he's male and straight) and he loved it - he's never been a fan of daniel from season 7 on - as far as he's concerned he lost his innocence and now "looks a lot harder"

Don't tell him but I agree - while I love the arms on 'new daniel' I used to love the child-like innocence that is Classic Daniel
                "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

Originally posted by 1DanielForMe View Post
                  You know, I don't think Daniel's become the "Shoot first, ask questions later" sort. He's not so naive and innocent as he used to be, but seeing all he's been through, that isn't exactly surprising. He still can't stand to see innocent people hurt, and is as wonderful to me now as he was then.

Anyway, even not considering this thread in general isn't for me, I'm none too fond of the shallow end.

Right, begging your pardon. Normally, if I don't think I'll like a thread, I won't go to it, but I accidentally clicked on this one and read the first post, so I had to say something. You don't have to worry about this, however. I'm honestly not trying to start anything, merely add my view, which is, admittedly, unfair to the thread. I just couldn't help it!
                  Well....er....... I'd give you the old "if you don't like it why bother visiting or posting" but you sorta pre-empted that for me. Plus, seeing as you probably won't visit the thread again it would be merely wasting my voice...er....electrons.

That said... this thread isn't necessarily ONLY for anyone who prefers the old Daniel over the new one - it can be for people who like both, maybe have a soft spot for the old one, or any combination of those factors. And we're not all shallow here, discussions about Daniel from episodes long past are certainly welcome.

And I'm wasting my electrons again But I just wanted to restate the "mission" of this thread for anyone else who might be thinking of participating.

Man, I hope I didn't do something wrong by creating this thread

Comment

Originally posted by katTheBird View Post
                    I showed this thread to my partner (yes he's male and straight) and he loved it - he's never been a fan of daniel from season 7 on - as far as he's concerned he lost his innocence and now "looks a lot harder"

Don't tell him but I agree - while I love the arms on 'new daniel' I used to love the child-like innocence that is Classic Daniel
                    LOL - don't worry, my lips are sealed And thanks for spreading around the Classic Daniel love!

Comment

It's ok Jess you just have your preference Daniel's tragic first love spoilers for size
                      Spoiler:

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hello all, long time no post...

Originally posted by 1DanielForMe
                        Hey, neither am I, but as Jess said, that isn't what this thread is about. It's about any sort of appreciation you have for classic Daniel. If you like later seasons Daniel just as much, or even more than classic Daniel, you're still just as welcome, as long as you're posting something in appreciation of classic Daniel.

Some random avatars, sigs and pics:

D/S avi

D/S sig

Linguistic!Daniel sig

Don't ask me what this is... just a pic with a bunch of other pics in it... D/S

Spoiler:

Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          Thanks poundpuppy I guess after reading 1danielforme's post I thought I did a bad thing in creating the thread Love the Daniel/Sha're pics... the Original Stargate Couple... *wistful sigh*

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                          Hello all, long time no post... http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...learlyblsh.gif

Hey, neither am I, but as Jess said, that isn't what this thread is about. It's about any sort of appreciation you have for classic Daniel. If you like later seasons Daniel just as much, or even more than classic Daniel, you're still just as welcome, as long as you're posting something in appreciation of classic Daniel. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...nielearlyD.gif

Some random avatars, sigs and pics:

D/S avi

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2...pearavigt1.jpg

D/S sig

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4065/resigtg6.jpg

Linguistic!Daniel sig

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3...smallertf6.jpg

Don't ask me what this is... just a pic with a bunch of other pics in it... D/S

Spoiler:
                          http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3372/sthreadmb3.png

(((Myn))) Welcome back! And thanks, that's pretty much what I was trying to say. This thread isn't for picking on people who may like the current Daniel more than early Daniel, or as much as early Daniel, let alone liking current Daniel at all. Whatever your preference is, it's basically a celebration of the younger, more innocent Daniel. And it's not "all shallow, all the time" certainly.

Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about, lol

Love the D/S artwork... beautiful job!!

This wallpaper has Daniel and Sam in it, but it's related to Sha're - at least the "motto" of the wp (clicky for full size)

Comment

Great WP, Jess! I love the color. It's mostly S/D friendship, I think. But if you remember what they were talking about in those scenes, it holds an even deeper meaning... Daniel's love and devotion to his wife and the close friendship bond between him and Sam. LOVE IT!
                            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Myn! That's very true - I loved those scenes

That's exactly what I was going for with that wallpaper.

Comment

I most definitely appreciate the old classic Daniel as well as some elements of the action jackson Daniel.

In tribute to the days of awe and wonder
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X