Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    in honor of the chocolate party left overs...what kind of chocolate do you think Sam likes? or Helen for that matter.

what brand of chocolate is tucked away in that drawer, ready to be pulled out in an 'emergency'
    I would imagine that Sam would be a milk chocolate sort of gal and Helen would go for the dark chocolate.
    sigpic

Comment

in honor of the chocolate party left overs...what kind of chocolate do you think Sam likes? or Helen for that matter.
      what brand of chocolate is tucked away in that drawer, ready to be pulled out in an 'emergency'
      Hmmm...well I'm hoping Sam loves peanut butter M&M's as much as I do! That or peppermint creams...mmmm!! And she'd have them both tucked in her draw in her lab and personal quarters.
      As for Helen...I'm thinking more along the lines of dark chocolate...rum and raisin dark chocolate and maybe some fancy truffles from some exotic place in the world. And of course they would be well hidden in her office somewhere...probably behind or in a priceless statue!
      And maybe they both have a thing for Tim Tams like Amanda....I'm sure that is to be expected...I mean Tim Tams are just awesomely delicious!!

Congratulations Sally and Mrs2Shy for having your questions answered....both very cool questions too!! Well done!

Had a chilly night here in Montrose...was down to 12C at 9pm in my area and we actually had to close the windows for the first time since I got home. Had a fantastic little storm pass through at around 4ish and then another one at 8ish so that was fun! But otherwise we're pretty much experiencing spring weather rather than summer temps.
      Have finally written out all the Christmas cards for the overseas folks and will have them in the mail box by tomorrow. Sorry about the delay...been kinda lazy and not getting my priorities set right . But they should be on their way this weekend.
      Take care all, be safe and have fun!
      And if you are going to any Christmas parties...remember to please don't drink and drive. Stay safe!
      (((Samandans)))
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        New Amanda video interview- http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuar...art-1/v1183889

Congrats Sally, Amanda answered a question of yours.
        Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        thanks

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        I would imagine that Sam would be a milk chocolate sort of gal and Helen would go for the dark chocolate.
        hehe, great minds think alike... that is what i was going to say
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I think Helen loves that really dark, high cocoa content chocolate and not much of it, like all of her few indulgences I imagine her having a little of the really good stuff occassionally.
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hi all, thanks for all the welcomes!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Hmmm...well I'm hoping Sam loves peanut butter M&M's as much as I do!
            Nom! I'm gonna get mine off kat on sunday, but we'll prolly end up eating them all while watching Sanctuary.

I think Helen would enjoy some nice Belgium dark chocolate. Now... all this talk about chocolate has made me hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              New Amanda video interview- http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuar...art-1/v1183889

Congrats Sally, Amanda answered a question of yours.
              Notice the pause she does at the end. Its like: "hmm that Q gave me a great idea"
              Maybe we'll get to see a bit of Mama Magnus in S03.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

but sorry I had to make one little change...to correct it
                Heh..of course. Quite apt I would say too. *ducks from Maple Leaf fans*

Hmm, I wonder why it always seems to come back to chocolate, hair and boobs in this thread.

As to Helen, I believe she would justify eating at least one piece of the dark chocolate a day. Reasoning? Well, firstly she has Villas, helicopters and quite a few luxuries in her life already. It's obvious that she is accustomed to the finer things in life and quite enjoys them. Savoring the best dark chocolate she could find would make sense. Secondly, Helen is very intelligent and would understand the health benefits found in dark chocolate, such as antioxidants, relaxing blood pressure and balancing hormones in the body. She'd eat it with a smile, without one bit of regret for her waistline.

Now Sam? Hmm.. Sam is also highly intelligent, but I think she might go for something more nostalgic. Something maybe she and her mother might have shared a liking for. Peanut butter cups, Hersheys, M & M's...whatever. It's not the name, but the memory surrounding the sweet treat that would keep her coming back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  Hmm, I wonder why it always seems to come back to chocolate, hair and boobs in this thread.
                  That's a rhetorical question, right?
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                    Notice the pause she does at the end. Its like: "hmm that Q gave me a great idea"
                    Maybe we'll get to see a bit of Mama Magnus in S03.
                    And who could you see in the role of Mama Magnus?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      In my mind, it's Emma Thompson all the way. <3 That's just where my mind goes with 'progressive, intelligent and classy woman of the 19th century'. Well. At least before Magnus came to be.
                      And I kind of like to think her mother is at least partially responsible for Helen's attitude.

I'm unsure of how it would look on screen, but then Thompson (and Amanda) can pull off just about anything.

... This will, of course, never happen, but hey.
                      you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Fionnola (sp?) Flanigan. She plays Eloise Hawking on Lost.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                          In my mind, it's Emma Thompson all the way. <3 That's just where my mind goes with 'progressive, intelligent and classy woman of the 19th century'. Well. At least before Magnus came to be.
                          And I kind of like to think her mother is at least partially responsible for Helen's attitude.

I'm unsure of how it would look on screen, but then Thompson (and Amanda) can pull off just about anything.

... This will, of course, never happen, but hey.
                          Quit reading my mind! It's scaring me.

(wonders if Dame Judith would be available )
                          Last edited by wine_buyer; 11 December 2009, 10:45 AM. Reason: Adds another possibility...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            Quit reading my mind! It's scaring me.
                            Derren Brown's got nothing on me.

(wonders if Dame Judith would be available )
                            Ooooh!

I suppose it would all have to depend on when it was set (i.e. Helen's teen years, [original] adulthood, ...). I suppose her mother's age would matter less if it wasn't a flashback, as she wouldn't be constrained by actual human years.

Ah, the frivolities us ordinaries need to concern ourselves with.
                            you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              my question was in there...

i didn't expect it, and i saw the question first and thought, 'hey, i've asked that before!', and then looked at who asked it... it was me!

so amanda answered my question... *feels fainty*
                              Yay Sally! And AT *liked* the question. It's one I've wondered about too, so I was glad to see it answered. I think even if
                              Spoiler:
                              we don't end up seeing Helen's mother we may hear about her in the future. As much as I'd like to know about Helen's mom--or mum--I do kind of agree with AT about the shrouded in mystery thing. And I wouldn't mind not seeing her if we at least *hear* something about her.
                              ETA: and I always had the feeling that Helen lost her mom when she was fairly young. That was never said, I guess just b/c we never heard about her and she worked so closely w/ her dad I sort of thought so...
                              Last edited by jckfan55; 11 December 2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Emma Thompson
                                Fionnula Flannigan
                                Dame Judy Dench

All excellent choices. I might also add Maggie Smith, or Helen Mirren.

Or (even though she's not British, but since Amanda loves her) ... Carol Burnett!

Comment

Working...
                                X