No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm new here. I've always been a fan of SG-1 and especially AT/Sam but I just recently joined the GW forum and found your great thread. I am really impressed with all the information that is shared here and all this great artwork. *gives a thumbs up* You guys are amazing, can't wait to join the fun and share my admiration for Amanda.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      Wow ! I missed a lot those few days I was "away"!
      But I have a reputation to keep and was in full genealogical Geek!Lys mode.

Congrats to Nearly Circular and 1speed4Sam for posts 400 and 200 !!!!

1s4S, I'm glad to hear that everything went well for your father.

I'd like to come back to the lack of team in the beginning of season 9.
      It doesn't bother me at all. Yes, it's very different of what we're accustomed to watch, but it makes sense.
      For me, it's the main clue of Sam being the missing element to bring the team back together.
      She's the only one to have special bonds with Daniel, Teal'c AND Cameron. For the last eight years we've all seen the friendship growing between Sam and Daniel and Sam and Teal'c. And I'll always be grateful to AT to have asked TPTB for more Sam/Teal'c scenes. We don't know yet how Sam and Cameron met, but we had a few glimpses of the nature of their relationship. I think that they're going to glue together because of Sam and thanks to Sam. Some have said that Daniel is the conscience of the team, but Sam is in my opinion the heart of the team. Without her, there's no team, it's lifeless.
      The season 6 team worked for me because it wasn't Sam and Jack on one side and Teal'c and Jonas on the other side. It was a team because Sam accepted Jonas and I was thrilled to watch how those two built a strong friendship.
      I'm really sure it's going to work fine for SG1 once Sam is back.
      We all know that the guys would do anything for her.
      That's a very positive post, Geek!Lys, and I see where you're coming from with this. For the longest time, Jack was considered the glue (because of his friendship with Daniel, his brother warrior in Teal'c, and his ship with Sam). Now that the ship is over, the controversy should be as well, and we can continue with the mushy-gushy glue of romance-less friendship.

I totally agree that Sam is the only one who has such a relationship with all of the guys. Before Avalon Part I, I thought that they might make Sam and Cam friends, but I don't think I appreciated the concept as much as I do now. And seeing Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c together again will be great, too. Vala will definitely be an interesting wildcard, though.

Once it's just the four of them again, I suspect we will see how well AT's fitting into the thick of things through her character's interaction with the others. They should gel really well now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
        Hi, I'm new here. I've always been a fan of SG-1 and especially AT/Sam but I just recently joined the GW forum and found your great thread. I am really impressed with all the information that is shared here and all this great artwork. *gives a thumbs up* You guys are amazing, can't wait to join the fun and share my admiration for Amanda.
        WELCOME Dani76!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome Dani76! All posters, who love Sam, are welcome here. Enjoy and post often!

( And yes, aren't the people here (myself excluded) amazing, gifted and talented. They can write great fanfic, do graphics that rival the pro's and are just plain nice!)
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Welcome to Samanda Dani 76 !

Enjoy your time here and post often !

Hic Comitas Regit !
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              Welcome Dani76! All posters, who love Sam, are welcome here. Enjoy and post often!

( And yes, aren't the people here (myself excluded) amazing, gifted and talented. They can write great fanfic, do graphics that rival the pro's and are just plain nice!)
              I disagree, Lida. You are talented and gifted. You've met the Furlings for crying out loud ! No one but you can take pride in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                I disagree, Lida. You are talented and gifted. You've met the Furlings for crying out loud ! No one but you can take pride in that.
                I agree.
                I have a question for you Lys and our other French posters. Do you watch SG1 in English or do you get a dubbed version? I was wondering b/c my season 1 DVDs can play French and Spanish soundtracks. I sometimes practice my old high school French by watching an episode that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  For the newbies onboard ... the SaGC thread members decided to send Amanda a gift of flowers to welcome her back for S9. Ironically, the timing worked out in such a way that the items were delivered to the studio the very first week she had returned.

Here's a copy of what we sent her! The local florist threw in a complimentary box of Belgian chocolates and we added a colorful balloon!

I think we all miss Janet ... she was irreplaceable. According to some of the S9 spoilers, we may get to see her again in some AU or other. But that can't make up for her loss.
                  THat's beautiful! Thanks for letting us know.

I look forward to seeing Janet.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                  Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Welcome to Samanda, Dani76!!!

And Lida, if anyone's going to be Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Can't-Do-Squat round here, it's me, OK???!!!

Although I do try my best to be just plain nice...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      I agree.
                      I have a question for you Lys and our other French posters. Do you watch SG1 in English or do you get a dubbed version? I was wondering b/c my season 1 DVDs can play French and Spanish soundtracks. I sometimes practice my old high school French by watching an episode that way.
                      I can answer only for myself. On the French TV, Stargate airs in dubbed version. So I watch every episode in French. On the DVDs, we have English, French and Italian soundtracks. So, I watch them in English aswell. I must confess that the French version helps me a great deal when I have to listen to Daniel. It's really a pity that I can't play the original version on a slow motion, I'd be able to understand him.
                      Many viewers dispised the dubbed version, but I think it's more an attitude because they can't understand a tenth of the original dialogue. The nice thing about our version is that the voices are pretty much on the same tone than those of the actors, not like the Teal'c spanish version who has a high pitched voice.
                      What I don't want to use when watching in English are the subtitles. They're very silly and mainly inconsistant with the story. In fact, I find them disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I agree.
                        Personnally, I watch it in English. First, because in French, they are only at season 6 and 4 (two different channels showing it), while I would be starting season 9 in a few weeks if the network I was watching it on when it first started hadn't decided not to show it anymore after season 5. I had to check it on NBC after that, which was still a year in advance on the french version.

But I prefer to watch it in English. We sometimes lose the real meaning of something, or a joke, and I can name at least two scenes with a VERY BAD translation.

But I just bought the first and second season dvds. And sometimes, when I'm looking at it, my husband, who is not a Stargate fan, but enjoys watching TV and doesn't speak or understand English, might stop and start watching. With the first season, I can then change it to French so that he can watch it with me.

I'm disappointed that the other seasons dvds in North America don't have French audio on it. But I don't think that's the case in Europe. Lucky them.
                        sigpic
                        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Thank you for the Warm Welcome, Everybody!!! I am still trying to catch up on everything. This thread is truly amazing.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            The nice thing about our version is that the voices are pretty much on the same tone than those of the actors,
                            I agree with you there Lys. The voices' choice is really good

It can't be all that bad
                            sigpic
                            There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                            If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                            If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                            If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                              Personnally, I watch it in English. First, because in French, they are only at season 6 and 4 (two different channels showing it), while I would be starting season 9 in a few weeks if the network I was watching it on when it first started hadn't decided not to show it anymore after season 5. I had to check it on NBC after that, which was still a year in advance on the french version.

But I prefer to watch it in English. We sometimes lose the real meaning of something, or a joke, and I can name at least two scenes with a VERY BAD translation.

But I just bought the first and second season dvds. And sometimes, when I'm looking at it, my husband, who is not a Stargate fan, but enjoys watching TV and doesn't speak or understand English, might stop and start watching. With the first season, I can then change it to French so that he can watch it with me.

I'm disappointed that the other seasons dvds in North America don't have French audio on it. But I don't think that's the case in Europe. Lucky them.
                              Not so lucky for season 2. Half of the season doesn't have the original version. And of course, it means that I've never been able to watch In the Line of Duty in the original version. Maybe I should stop. I'm going to have a heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                I can answer only for myself. On the French TV, Stargate airs in dubbed version. So I watch every episode in French. On the DVDs, we have English, French and Italian soundtracks. So, I watch them in English aswell. I must confess that the French version helps me a great deal when I have to listen to Daniel. It's really a pity that I can't play the original version on a slow motion, I'd be able to understand him.
                                Many viewers dispised the dubbed version, but I think it's more an attitude because they can't understand a tenth of the original dialogue. The nice thing about our version is that the voices are pretty much on the same tone than those of the actors, not like the Teal'c spanish version who has a high pitched voice.
                                What I don't want to use when watching in English are the subtitles. They're very silly and mainly inconsistant with the story. In fact, I find them disturbing.
                                Interesting--thanks. If you have the same French actors doing the voice as I have on my dvds, I'd agree that they're pretty close in tone, though the one playing Sam's voice is a bit higher than AT's. It seems like they mostly have to change wording because of idoms. I wondered too because it's always different watching dubbed versions of things than hearing the actors' actual voices.

Comment

Working...
                                X