Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    My! What an entertaining day it has been in Samanda! Mountain biking/hiking, rednecks, guinness, thongs (both kinds), bogans, picnics! Wow! It has been a pleasure reading these posts!

It has also been a pleasure to sit inside in front of the computer while reading them. It's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk here today.....near about 100! We ran errands a little earlier, and I am very glad to be back inside.
    Well we were frying bacon and eggs today it was 108 out when I left for my gig at 3:00pm this afternoon and the hall we were playing in the A/C was broken. It was so hot inside. On the plus side one of the guys that is always giving me a hard time about being from the South and joking with me about my accent just returned from a bussiness trip to Atlanta and while he was there he found my favorite snack at Wal-Mart and brought some back for me - "Boiled Peanuts" - I was doing a happy dance - so I came home heated them up put in a Stargate SG1 DVD - Turned the A/C on - Life is Good!

Originally posted by majorsal
    i'm going to repost this (because i think it got lost in the mix).

~~~

i just finished reading the latest goings-on on the 'browders character should outrank carter' thread. bink (((bink))) just posted a quip from an interview with amanda (tv zone special #64)

spoilers for s9's 'ex deus machina'

Spoiler:

In an interview in TVZone Special #64 Amanda Tapping said about Ex Deux Machina:

Quote: In this story we address the question of SG-1 getting back together. At the moment, Carter is just helping out, and so are Daniel and Teal'c. They're not a team yet, and Mitchell says something rather sweet and handles the situation in a very clever way. We filmed that scene yesterday and it turned out nice. I think the fans are really going to enjoy it. End Quote.

i like it!

thoughts, everyone???

sally
    Sally
    I wanted to weigh in on this - sorry I meant to the first time you posted it.

First I want to say that I have ordered this issue of TVZone because I would like to see what else AT had to say.
    But if she is positive about how things are going to work out with the team geting back together that makes me feel good as well. AT is not one that usually puts a spin on things unless that is the way she feels. She tends to be pretty honest about how she feels about how she feels they are writing the character of Sam. So I think this just confirms the feeling I was getting that we have good things to come.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I'm sure my husband would really love that. He's already psyched about his two week business trip to Melbourne next friday. The rest of my family keeps telling me that I'm insane for not going with him.
      You are! YAY Melbourne!!! heehee

Atteria honey, we're all thinking of you - hope everything goes well. Sending you lots and lots of cuddles!

As for the whole 'flip flop' discussion - lol! That and Monty Python just made my day - loving the sig SS. I was an extra in 'Charlotte's Web' a few months back and got to spend a whole week dressed up as a bogan in my flannel shirt and jeans - or should i say hick, seeing as the movie's set in America?
      Royal Page of Samanda
      "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Jack: Is she wearing a thong?
        Sam: Dear god, that's why they call it butt floss...

Couldn't resist

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        Ah Coley, ‘tis but a temporary thing

Okay… here’s a pic to caption:

sigpic

Comment

thanks, tsax!

i'm not sure i saw this ep. (i really liked this show and was *very* frustrated the way it ended!)

sally

you're not the only one. there are many people who refuse to accept that taht eps actually happened
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            If only I had the time and money I would be on plane in a heart beat. I loved my last trip to France and hope to visit again some day.

As a follow-up to an earlier post I was able to get part of the episode of Forever Knight recorded and made a few screencaps of the episode. This was filmed in 1994 and the episode title is "Near Death"

I can't believe it, but after seeing those screen caps, I remember that episode!

I love seeing AT in her earlier roles. I was also a fan of Forever Knight, but please, don't judge me on that alone, after all, I'm a Stargate FANatic now!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hi there all

Have been popping in and lurking around here more and more lately and figured it was about time I said a proper hello, have no idea why I haven't joined in the fun before as Sam/AT is my fav female tv character/actress (it's a big DOH to me!!)

I tend to spend alot of time hanging out with the j&s shipper family, quite a few of whom obviously hang out here too, so hey guys! *waves to all she knows*

Haven't seen any of S9 yet although due to the lack of AT/RDA I can't say I'm chewing my nails in anticipation but I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that AT is in the season opener - YAY!

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and will definitely be back to play very soon!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...cesamjack3.jpg
              PS - Shimmeringstar, love the pic! Could be a good one to post on the ship thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                Hi there all

Have been popping in and lurking around here more and more lately and figured it was about time I said a proper hello, have no idea why I haven't joined in the fun before as Sam/AT is my fav female tv character/actress (it's a big DOH to me!!)

I tend to spend alot of time hanging out with the j&s shipper family, quite a few of whom obviously hang out here too, so hey guys! *waves to all she knows*

Haven't seen any of S9 yet although due to the lack of AT/RDA I can't say I'm chewing my nails in anticipation but I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that AT is in the season opener - YAY!

PS - Shimmeringstar, love the pic! Could be a good one to post on the ship thread!!
                Welcome to the best thread on the Forum Billie!!!!! Please post as often as you like, the more the merrier. And we're all just waiting for the "real" season to start, you know, when Beach Head airs.

Again, welcome!
                On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  Welcome to the best thread on the Forum Billie!!!!! Please post as often as you like, the more the merrier. And we're all just waiting for the "real" season to start, you know, when Beach Head airs.

Again, welcome!
                  Thanks Lida! Ooo and btw....

CONGRATS ON 1500!!!

Roll on Beach Head!

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye

Our Royal Shrink hasn't shrunk from duty

Congrats, Lida, on 1500 !!!

And Welcome to Billie (we are glad to have you here and holding you in our warm thoughts as you are in the midst of the storm right now in London). May you stay safe and sound!

Comment

i'm going to repost this (because i think it got lost in the mix).

~~~

i just finished reading the latest goings-on on the 'browders character should outrank carter' thread. bink (((bink))) just posted a quip from an interview with amanda (tv zone special #64)

spoilers for s9's 'ex deus machina'

Spoiler:
                      In an interview in TVZone Special #64 Amanda Tapping said about Ex Deux Machina:

Quote: In this story we address the question of SG-1 getting back together. At the moment, Carter is just helping out, and so are Daniel and Teal'c. They're not a team yet, and Mitchell says something rather sweet and handles the situation in a very clever way. We filmed that scene yesterday and it turned out nice. I think the fans are really going to enjoy it. End Quote.

i like it!

thoughts, everyone???

sally
                      Thanks Sal for the info... it looks to me that the season may go as I had expected but I'm really looking forward to see Sam and Im feeling much better about things the more I hear comments from Amanda.

Only 3 more weeks to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                        ROFL! I just can't stop wondering what exactly it was that RDA was looking at in this scene, because it really does look like he's checking Amanda out. Hmm, maybe someone had put a 'cake inside' sign on her backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                          Hello, my fellow Samandans. Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd just stop in for a quick hello. No surgery yet. I've been too ill, but I am scheduled for 8/4. Here's hoping. I'm very tired of all this.

OK, no more complaining.

I am not happy the surgery is scheduled the day BEFORE our beloved Sam returns to SG-1, talk about great timing. But I do have my DVD recorder working, so I'll be able to see it, when I get back home.

I miss you all, but I really haven't been able to get to the pc. Still NO laptop, but hope springs eternal.

Take care everyone and stay happy and healthy, the best thing I can wish for all of you.
                          Hey Atteria, I'll add you to the list of people who are currently in my thoughts and prayers. And believe me, you're not alone - my father's been waiting months for surgery, and is finally due to go "under the knife" tomorrow (26th July).

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Hey Atteria, I'll add you to the list of people who are currently in my thoughts and prayers. And believe me, you're not alone - my father's been waiting months for surgery, and is finally due to go "under the knife" tomorrow (26th July).
                            1s4S, I'll have YOUR Dad in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out well and he makes a speedy recovery.

Atteria, you know everyone here is pulling for you and wishes you a speedy and complete recovery. We need you back here, no one else make no calorie, no fat feasts!
                            On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                              Hi there all

Welcome to Samanda, Billie. Hope all is well with you down in The Smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                1s4S, I'll have YOUR Dad in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out well and he makes a speedy recovery.

Atteria, you know everyone here is pulling for you and wishes you a speedy and complete recovery. We need you back here, no one else make no calorie, no fat feasts!
                                Thank you so much, Lida. It's only relatively minor surgery (hip replacement), but as he's almost 82 I can't help but worry whether his system will be able to handle it.

And you're right - we need our Royal Baker back in the kitchens as soon as possible, otherwise we'll all be wasting away.

There's just far too much RL going on at the moment...

Comment

Working...
                                X