No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the Sanctuary webisodes on my dvd last night. Good picture quality. I saw things I had not been able to see the first time. Yay! I have to say I really like the Helen from the webisodes. I like the way a few of the scenes play better in that version. Particularly the scene in her office
    Spoiler:
    where she reveals her age & how Ashley was born.
    I thought AT played it very well. I don't know, more sense of pain or something.
    The only problem was with the wig. I am glad AT decided to dye hers. Yes, it's all about the hair.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I watched the Sanctuary webisodes on my dvd last night. Good picture quality. I saw things I had not been able to see the first time. Yay! I have to say I really like the Helen from the webisodes. I like the way a few of the scenes play better in that version. Particularly the scene in her office
      Spoiler:
      I thought AT played it very well. I don't know, more sense of pain or something.
      The only problem was with the wig. I am glad AT decided to dye hers. Yes, it's all about the hair.
      A rose by any other hair colour would smell as sweet but don't cross your bridges until they've hatched...or something along those lines.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Spoiler:

I have to say that I really enjoyed seeing the webisodes on DVD too. When I first saw them on computer it was hard to see everything. It was better when they aired on TV last year and better still seeing them on the DVD. Gave me more of an appreciation for the computer work that was done.

I also have to say that I like both the web and the TV versions of Helen. The two lines I miss most form the webisodes are: "Scone?" and "I'm cutting off your allowance".

BTW, Space now has the Canadian trailers up on their website (thanks parsifal):

http://watch.spacecast.com

click on the Sanctuary trailers.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I am impressed that Mandy (of all people! ) posted the links to the Sanctuary BTS special. You may officially be out of Luddites International now (there will be a vote at the next meeting).

but...but...I used a VCR, Tape and a digital camera....and had help from Rox!

*Hopes I still have my Luddite standing*
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

no screen caps of AT in SGU? i have to wait until tuesday (or whenever i get to see it)?

ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
              no screen caps of AT in SGU? i have to wait until tuesday (or whenever i get to see it)?

ah well.
              Is that?....Yes it is It's stargate barbie

Good to see you back...did you finally break free of the bad fics?
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It's that time of year again.

Almost Christmas Card time.

Early I know. My grinchy hero is glaring at me...however the time limits of the worldwide postal system demands that we think ahead.

Are you guys in the mood for a Christmas Card exchange again this year? If so, Paper cards or e-mail cards?

I"m personally more of a paper card person, that said, postage in the US isn't as horrible as it is in other parts of the world.

So....are folks willing? if you could reply in some way and give a general idea of how many wish to participate then i can know if we continue on.

The christmas card swap is just that. If you wish to participate, you send me your snail mail addy. I collect them and - after a designated deadline - pass that complete list of addresses to everyone that signed up. Then you send a card to every person on that list.

so if 20 sign up, that's 20 cards to send.

Now these don't have to be expensive cards. Heck, you can get the little 20 cards per box that they have at the dollar store. Or just write a note or make your own. The card itself doesn't matter, just that you send it.

The international deadline for Canada post is the end of november for cards to be sent internationally. So i'm tinking if we have an address collection deadline of end of october, i'll send them out to all that sign up by the first of november, that gives folks 3 weeks to get cards in the mail.

sound good?

Ok, so first, a general head count...do folks want to exchange cards? If enough agree, i'll be happy to be the collection point for addresses.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well, ya see, i went and got all busy! then i just couldn't jump back in. i lurked for a while. then i just thought maybe i'd sneek back in unnoticed, all ninja-like. i think it went pretty well.

Comment

ah well.
                    go to gateworld, and then the gallery for sgu's 'air', parts one and two. she's in there.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

ah well.
                      http://www.stargatearchive.com/galle...on1/101-102/19
                      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu...um=889&page=14
                      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu...um=889&page=18
                      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu...um=889&page=21
                      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu...um=889&page=22
                      Last edited by parsifal; 04 October 2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        Hey y'all, just bringing this over from the discussion thread to reminder you, today is Sanctuary's 1 year anniversary since it aired on TV.

I can't believe it's been a whole year since this AWESOME show came to TV, I remember sitting on my big couch, in front of my big screen TV in massive anticipation waiting for the show to start . And now here we all are, a year later, and boy has it been a crazy her, but great year . The show is bigger than ever, it's already won and been nominated some wicked awards, and everyone's happy . I'm glad Amanda chose this over SGA, I wasn't really at first, but now I'm more than happy, happy for the show, the cast, the crew, and most of all, Amanda.
                        Here's to an awesome year, and most importantly (hopefully) to many more.

Hey, this brings me to a question, what did you guys do last year at this time, waiting for the show to start? Did you have friends over, do anything special?
                        Had friends over for pizza and beer to watch the premiere.

I am impressed that Mandy (of all people! ) posted the links to the Sanctuary BTS special. You may officially be out of Luddites International now (there will be a vote at the next meeting).
                        I don't think you can kick her out yet. Now if she ever gets a tv card in her computer and records it that way, THEN you can have a vote. She's still a luddite at heart.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          Hey y'all, just bringing this over from the discussion thread to reminder you, today is Sanctuary's 1 year anniversary since it aired on TV.

I can't believe it's been a whole year since this AWESOME show came to TV, I remember sitting on my big couch, in front of my big screen TV in massive anticipation waiting for the show to start . And now here we all are, a year later, and boy has it been a crazy her, but great year . The show is bigger than ever, it's already won and been nominated some wicked awards, and everyone's happy . I'm glad Amanda chose this over SGA, I wasn't really at first, but now I'm more than happy, happy for the show, the cast, the crew, and most of all, Amanda.
                          Here's to an awesome year, and most importantly (hopefully) to many more.

Hey, this brings me to a question, what did you guys do last year at this time, waiting for the show to start? Did you have friends over, do anything special?
                          I chatted here and on the Sanctuary forum, and generally just squeee'd with excitement! While texting all my friends and family to get them to watch too.
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Early I know. My grinchy hero is glaring at me...however the time limits of the worldwide postal system demands that we think ahead.

Are you guys in the mood for a Christmas Card exchange again this year? If so, Paper cards or e-mail cards?

I"m personally more of a paper card person, that said, postage in the US isn't as horrible as it is in other parts of the world.

So....are folks willing? if you could reply in some way and give a general idea of how many wish to participate then i can know if we continue on.

The christmas card swap is just that. If you wish to participate, you send me your snail mail addy. I collect them and - after a designated deadline - pass that complete list of addresses to everyone that signed up. Then you send a card to every person on that list.

so if 20 sign up, that's 20 cards to send.

Now these don't have to be expensive cards. Heck, you can get the little 20 cards per box that they have at the dollar store. Or just write a note or make your own. The card itself doesn't matter, just that you send it.

The international deadline for Canada post is the end of november for cards to be sent internationally. So i'm tinking if we have an address collection deadline of end of october, i'll send them out to all that sign up by the first of november, that gives folks 3 weeks to get cards in the mail.

sound good?

Ok, so first, a general head count...do folks want to exchange cards? If enough agree, i'll be happy to be the collection point for addresses.
                          Ooh yeah, I love doing this! Count me in Sky.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I was out Friday so I taped Universe. Haven't had time to watch it yet but I will and not just for AT's cameo. I will also watch season 1 to give it a fair chance. I didn't like BSG so all the comparisons concern me but I asked others to give Sanctuary a chance so I'll do the same with Universe. Besides, the creators are the people who brought me my favourite TV show and introduced me to AT so that is worth something in my book.

BTW, Inner Space also had several interviews with the cast of Universe. In those interviews they were respectful of the Stargate shows that came before.
                            Eh-T, it's not nice to pick on ... oh wait. Never mind. *ducks*

I agree with the giving SGU at least half a season to grow on me ... I've also convinced my mom to do the same. (Dad liked it straight off -- then again, about 15 min into it he announced that it was almost exactly following the plotline of some other show/movie that he'd seen before, so ... we just smile and nod - it's easier that way sometimes!)

I'm not sure I agree on the interviews being respectful of the SG history ... to be fair, I've not watched the Inner Space ep as of yet (taped it, but not had time!), however earlier in the day they were showing clips of one of the actors speaking about his role and the show in general ... the impression I got was that he hadn't a clue about SG before being hired -- he couldn't even remember what SGA was called. Okay, I get that you hardly have to be a fan of a franchise in order to join it in a professional capacity, but at least be familiar with the titles of the sister spinoff prior to being interviewed! Gah! He was also both quick to point out, and repeated his opinion that SGU isn't like "SG1 or ... the other one", which worried me slightly. Not enough to NOT give SGU a try, but ... then again, maybe I just misread the comments - always a possibility!

I have to say that I really enjoyed seeing the webisodes on DVD too. When I first saw them on computer it was hard to see everything. It was better when they aired on TV last year and better still seeing them on the DVD. Gave me more of an appreciation for the computer work that was done.

I also have to say that I like both the web and the TV versions of Helen. The two lines I miss most form the webisodes are: "Scone?" and "I'm cutting off your allowance".
                            I second that totally! While I did miss some of the subtle humour/one-liners from the webisodes, it was very cool to see Sanctuary on the telly Fingers X'd to be getting it on DVD for Xmas... *is highly hopeful*

well, ya see, i went and got all busy! then i just couldn't jump back in. i lurked for a while. then i just thought maybe i'd sneek back in unnoticed, all ninja-like. i think it went pretty well.
                            Well done indeed!

<snip>
                            I'm definitely in I love sending and receiving Xmas cards!!!
                            It's so fun getting international mail (okay, so some days it's just nice to get mail that's not a bill, but that's beside the point!)
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

sound good?

count me in sky
                              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                              X