Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys
    I'm not that new...but I first wanted to follow this thread for some weeks...but now, I want to join this thread
    So, I hope to bring myself in as much as I can in the next days/weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Vandola View Post
      hey guys
      I'm not that new...but I first wanted to follow this thread for some weeks...but now, I want to join this thread
      Welcome to our humble little amazing thread!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        And happy belated anniversary to Amanda and Alan.

As much as I would love to see Amanda on twitter, I hope it's not something that she's coerced into. On one hand I would love it but on the other, I think the poor woman has enough on her pate. I dunno...I'm torn!

(((Samandans)))
        I don't think Amanda lets herself get coerced into much of anything. If she really, really wanted to do it, she might. But as you said, she has waay too many other things to do that keep her busy.

And while I could never manage to do as anywhere near much as she does (it just wears me out thinking about all that she does), I tend not to sympathize too much, since she admits to being a work-a-holic and thrives on all that busyness and it apparently makes her happy.

Comment

i don't think she'd be too crazy about it

fist, it takes time and she doesn't have much of it
          second, she tends to have a 'work life' 'private life' divider, and tweeting would blur that a lot.

it's kinda of like, as cool as it'd be if she ever posted her, I personally am fine if she never does. I witnessed how the weir thread exploded when torri posted. how a thread of 20 people exploded to 200 as word spread all across the internet that torri was posting.

people flocked, the regulars were mad at losing their little thread, they were frustrated at all these new folks that just joined because torri was there and 'crashed the party' so to speak.

i'm afraid that the 'coolness' would wear off quickly and it'd end up being bittersweet at best for all involved.

Better to keep that distance.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

As much as I would love to see Amanda on twitter, I hope it's not something that she's coerced into. On one hand I would love it but on the other, I think the poor woman has enough on her pate. I dunno...I'm torn!

(((Samandans)))
            Yeah, I do agree Chelle, plus I think Amanda will, publicly anyway, stay away from the social networking sites...but she MAY peak over a friends shoulder at times. that way she stays anonymous. That's what I like to think she does anyway.
            hey guys
            Welcome to Samanda Vandola!!

And thanks to helenmagnus23 for the bday wishes. *hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              I finally got a chance to watch a few episodes of Sanctuary last night (got the box set this weekend) since I haven't been following it - and, frankly, every single one of my friends don't like it. And I have to say, the first three episodes were quite impressive.

Knowing a bit of the back story behind the struggle to even get it to tv makes it even more impressive. I was terribly afraid that all I'd see when I looked at Amanda was Sam Carter with darker hair but that wasn't the case. I'm very impressed with her dedication to making sure Helen is as different from Sam as can possibly be.

The all CG background is a bit disorienting. Makes me think a little about Babylon 5 in its early days with its CG, but it doesn't detract as much from the show for me as all my friends made me think.
              The acting from all the cast is very good and the camera direction, angles are wonderful. I even adore the music.

All in all, I'm looking forward to making the time to watch the rest of the season.
              Glad you are enjoying it.

I agree that knowing the struggle BTS makes it even more impressive that this show has turned out so well. I also had the same concerns as you regarding seeing "Sam". It is a testament to AT's acting ability that I never have.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              Cool! Thanks for the link!

On another note, I just read on Ming-Na's twitter that she and the other SGU actresses apparently had lunch with AT. That would be have been fun conversation to eavesdrop on, AT could be a good resource for them on how to survive the Stargate experience.
              Very cool. I wonder who came up with the idea?

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              Ah, YES!!! Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna pay for all the things I've signed up for next year! I'm trying to get more work--but it's not easy right now. There are too many graphic designers out here in the same situation. But next summer is gonna be FUN!!!

Enjoy fall! Winter will soon be here!
              It's going to be a busy con year (says the woman who, a couple of years ago, could not have imagined herself attending a scifi convention)

We have been having a lovely hot September. Much nicer than July or August. It's been great for biking to work.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              I totally agree. with good lighting and a good photographer (and a little judicious "air brushing") you can get great glamorous photos without making the person look artificial.

Trying to think of things that need "fixing" in final proofs....
              Thinking hard...Well, AT has some small smile lines when she smiles, which in my book do not detract one bit from her looks. I much prefer that to people who have faces that don't move due to surgery & botox etc.

Of course Helen's not smiling in the promo shots, so I'm mystified as to what "problem" they thought they were "fixing."

I mean heck, AT looks great in candid convention snapshots by amateur photographers in areas that you can be sure don't have Hollywood glamor lighting--so why do they feel the need to photoshop the bajunior out of 'em.
              I fail to comprehend the need for any photoshopping. Beyong the fact these are very good looking individuals, photoshopping suggests there is something wrong with them. That is soooo not the case. I think it is great to have a 40-something woman as the lead of the show. Sends a great message. To airbrush out a few lines sends the wrong message. Two steps forward, one step back.

hey guys
              HI! Welcome to the thread.

So, are you a Sam fan? A Helen fan? Both? (I will just assume you are an AT fan as pretty much everyone is )

Originally posted by Chelle DB;10639753

[B
              (((Samandans)))[/B]
              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

second, she tends to have a 'work life' 'private life' divider, and tweeting would blur that a lot.

it's kinda of like, as cool as it'd be if she ever posted her, I personally am fine if she never does. I witnessed how the weir thread exploded when torri posted. how a thread of 20 people exploded to 200 as word spread all across the internet that torri was posting.

people flocked, the regulars were mad at losing their little thread, they were frustrated at all these new folks that just joined because torri was there and 'crashed the party' so to speak.

i'm afraid that the 'coolness' would wear off quickly and it'd end up being bittersweet at best for all involved.

Besides, Luddites International cannot afford to lose another member to the twitter crowd.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

You know, I have no problem with using photoshop to improve lighting and contrast and so on. Sometimes you just can't get the picture that you're after. But these guys use photoshop to alter pictures beyond recognition!

I'm doing a happy dance. Just got a text from a non-fandom friend saying Sanctuary starts October 12th in the UK!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Ming Na posted a pic of AT and the gals from SGU at a Syfy sponsored lunch

http://twitpic.com/j7ycb - Here it is! SGU Ladies' Lunch Day! Alaina Huffman, Me, Amanda Tapping, Elyse Levesque! xoxoabout 1 hour ago from TwitPic
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I doubt AT would join twitter if she didn't want to, I think Ming-na and the others are more joking about getting her to join, since I think David Blue got a lot of the SGU cast to start twittering.

Speaking from experience, twitter takes up less time than say blogging or posting on a forum, but I also don't have the nearly insane schedule AT has, so whatever works best for her.

hey guys
                    Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    I agree that knowing the struggle BTS makes it even more impressive that this show has turned out so well. I also had the same concerns as you regarding seeing "Sam". It is a testament to AT's acting ability that I never have.
                    It's funny, Syfy has a day-long SG-1 marathon yesterday, and it was amazing to see the differences in Sam in the episodes and Helen in the Sanctuary commercials. Especially with the early SG-1 eps, it was almost like seeing two different actresses.

Very cool. I wonder who came up with the idea?
                    It sounded like John Lenic and Ivon Bartok arranged the lunch, but don't quote me on that.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Ming Na posted a pic of AT and the gals from SGU at a Syfy sponsored lunch

http://twitpic.com/j7ycb - Here it is! SGU Ladies' Lunch Day! Alaina Huffman, Me, Amanda Tapping, Elyse Levesque! xoxoabout 1 hour ago from TwitPic
                    Heh, you beat me posting that. It's a lovely pic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I don't think Amanda lets herself get coerced into much of anything. If she really, really wanted to do it, she might. But as you said, she has waay too many other things to do that keep her busy.

And while I could never manage to do as anywhere near much as she does (it just wears me out thinking about all that she does), I tend not to sympathize too much, since she admits to being a work-a-holic and thrives on all that busyness and it apparently makes her happy.
                      Don't know how she does it, but she always looks great. Never looks run down.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I can't see her going to a forum, but it would be cool if she twittered like Damian does. He doesn't post anything that's really personal. I think if it stays generic or show related it wouldn't cross the line of real life/work life.

True dat.

I fail to comprehend the need for any photoshopping. Beyong the fact these are very good looking individuals, photoshopping suggests there is something wrong with them. That is soooo not the case. I think it is great to have a 40-something woman as the lead of the show. Sends a great message. To airbrush out a few lines sends the wrong message. Two steps forward, one step back.
                      True again. OMG! I've agreed with you twice.

Besides, Luddites International cannot afford to lose another member to the twitter crowd.
                      I don't know if she can still be considered a luddite. She has an iphone after all.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        )
                        It sounded like John Lenic and Ivon Bartok arranged the lunch, but don't quote me on that.

Heh, you beat me posting that. It's a lovely pic.
                        That's me, always on top of things.

<<cue laughter )

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Haha, lucky girls! When Ming-Na first twittered about the lunch I thought "how do I get a gig on this Stargate thing?"

Daylight Savings starts today. I remembered to set my clocks back and I set 2 alarms incase the time on my phone wasn't updated... I still managed to be late for work. I thought my puppy was having seizures. Turned out that hic ups + Chihuahua tremor + overprotecive Neep = Neep missed her train.

Sigh.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            ... I still managed to be late for work. I thought my puppy was having seizures. Turned out that hic ups + Chihuahua tremor + overprotecive Neep = Neep missed her train.
                            Glad the pup is okay.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              Glad the pup is okay.

suse
                              . I put him in the human recovery position so he wouldn't swallow any vomit. He just looked at me like, what is my crazy Eileen doing now? Now he's bonding with my dad while I'm at work. Or he better be, I left dad with his treats.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

(((Samandans)))
                                i'd *love* to see her there, but she'd be completely overwhelmed with replies from her fans. she's got a LOT of fans.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X